Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan  (Read 13981 times)
red macca

« Reply #75 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:14:43 »

His thoughts on brez are obviously in the team selection
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:20:50 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Sturrock did say he cant afford to keep the squad he has now....

Hertab doesn't regard such statements as fact, therefore doesn't allow them to enter into his or anyone elses argument.

Or..................

Herthab realises that all league clubs are limited on the amount they have to spend on players wages (As per league regulations) and therefore feels it might have more to do with that and less to do with any shit currently flying around................

We saw something pretty similar last season, whereby one lot ie Bill P and Mark D, were telling Wise one thing....like get Ince, and the Diamandis Wills faction, were saying we've overspent by 600K.   So Ince has to go etc.

Sturrock has said he doesn't know who he's talking to for decisions, but has no doubt taken what he's been told atr face value....the evidence points currently to retrenchment..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:21:44 »

In fairness to Sturrock he never had the chance to play Brez last season and Smithy didn't let him down.

Loyalty is a rare commodity in football and when someone (Sturrock) is loyal to his players he gets slated.

Smith deserves his place on merit and Brez deserves first team football (Which is something he won't get this season at Everton)

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:24:06 »

Herthab realises that all league clubs are limited on the amount they have to spend on players wages (As per league regulations)

I thought the squad wage cap (based on turnover) only applied to League 2 clubs. I thought league 1 clubs were allowed to overspend by as much as they like?

Seems to me as though somebody authorised an overspend, based on certain assumptions and are now needing to backtrack on that.

Do we have a nominated overspend scapegoat this year. Mark D have you got another job yet, fancy being fitted up for it?

edit: doh, Reg beat me to it!
red macca

« Reply #79 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:24:29 »

Hertab doesn't regard such statements as fact, therefore doesn't allow them to enter into his or anyone elses argument.

Or..................

Herthab realises that all league clubs are limited on the amount they have to spend on players wages (As per league regulations) and therefore feels it might have more to do with that and less to do with any shit currently flying around................

We saw something pretty similar last season, whereby one lot ie Bill P and Mark D, were telling Wise one thing....like get Ince, and the Diamandis Wills faction, were saying we've overspent by 600K.   So Ince has to go etc.

Sturrock has said he doesn't know who he's talking to for decisions, but has no doubt taken what he's been told atr face value....the evidence points currently to retrenchment..
He has not said that though reg he has always said he is dealing with the old board until told otherwise
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:28:50 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Herthab realises that all league clubs are limited on the amount they have to spend on players wages (As per league regulations)

I thought the squad wage cap (based on turnover) only applied to League 2 clubs. I thought league 1 clubs were allowed to overspend by as much as they like?

Seems to me as though somebody authorised an overspend, based on certain assumptions and are now needing to backtrack on that.

Do we have a nominated overspend scapegoat this year. Mark D have you got another job yet, fancy being fitted up for it?

Fucked if I know Cheesy

Sturrock did say in the summer that he wanted a squad of 20-22 players this season though.

Does anyone know how many we currently have?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:38:20 »

Quote from: "red macca"

Or..................

He has not said that though reg he has always said he is dealing with the old board until told otherwise

This is what Sturrock had to say just before the deadline....

"A manager has to have an idea of the short term aims and long term aims.

"At the moment there are two factions that I have to talk to.

"The old owners and the new owners have different ideas and so it is hard for me to know which plan I am working off."

That to me sounds like he's uncertain who is making decisions...has anything changed since then?

If you want to think all is well....feel free.  Personally I see nothing to indicate that it is ther case and plenty to indicate trouble ahead.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:42:01 »

Quote from: "Batch"

edit: doh, Reg beat me to it!

It applies to league 1 as well. It isn't legally binding.
red macca

« Reply #83 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:42:24 »

Or..................

This is what Sturrock had to say just before the deadline....

"A manager has to have an idea of the short term aims and long term aims.

"At the moment there are two factions that I have to talk to.

"The old owners and the new owners have different ideas and so it is hard for me to know which plan I am working off."

That to me sounds like he's uncertain who is making decisions...has anything changed since then?

If you want to think all is well....feel free.  Personally I see nothing to indicate that it is ther case and plenty to indicate trouble ahead.
I dont feel all is well at all Reg far from it but i still have not seen any evidence that its definatly not going to happen.This is swindon town and no doubt it will all fuck up but what are we doing about it,FUCKALL, . Just spreading rumours and posting on the secret fucking squirel
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:42:48 »

I don't think all is well Reg, don't think anyone thinks that.

But I am still hoping something positive will happen.

Let me delude myself for a while longer.................

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:52:49 »

But we were told stuff like the takeover  had been completed ,contracts signed etc, when they don't seem to have been. The CVA would be paid in a matter of days...over a month ago and still not paid.

The yak is an interesting animal, no mistake, technically the female yak is a nak, but we don't bother with the subtle translation from the Tibetan.
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:53:21 »

His thoughts on brez are obviously in the team selection

It's not that easy....he may well have wanted to play him but had to consider Phil Smith's position in terms of whether he has played well, let the team down, player-confidence etc.....what would it have said if after Smith's form last year that he was dropped the minute Bezovan became fit?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:54:32 »

Bring back William Power
red macca

« Reply #88 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:56:28 »

But we were told stuff like the takeover  had been completed ,contracts signed etc, when they don't seem to have been. The CVA would be paid in a matter of days...over a month ago and still not paid.

The yak is an interesting animal, no mistake, technically the female yak is a nak, but we don't bother with the subtle translation from the Tibetan.
To be fair reg i was told 11 months ago that Bill p would be in charge and it was only a matter of time til mikey d etc would be gone and legal action would be taken against the current lot in charge
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:57:02 »

The most interesting and illuminating item in this whole thread is Reg's revelation concerning the female yak.

I've heard all the rest before..........................

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: