Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan  (Read 13793 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:59:11 »

he's a good player and if you want the team to progress you must have a good squad.

Having both Smith and Brezovan in the squad is good, and give us the depth we need inbetween the sticks

Under no circumstances should be give in and sell, that of course assuming we want to move forward.

Either that or do a swap deal and get John Ruddy down here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 18:14:24 »

Quote from: "herthab"
The most interesting and illuminating item in this whole thread is Reg's revelation concerning the female yak.

I've heard all the rest before..........................

I'll hold my hands up to an error of judgement...the yak fact should have been in the Boardroom section not in Players....I just thought this was the Boardroon section.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 18:22:40 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
We saw something pretty similar last season, whereby one lot ie Bill P and Mark D, were telling Wise one thing....like get Ince, and the Diamandis Wills faction, were saying we've overspent by 600K.   So Ince has to go etc.

Actually, the "overspend" only started being touted about after Mark D and Bill P had left the club. And Ince was also signed after then by the "Diamandis Wills faction" as you put it - if you remember there was a great song and dance about James Wills chipping in £60k of his own dosh to guarantee the deal with the League. It was only after he'd been here for a while and made little or no difference that they decided they couldn't afford him.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 18:31:21 »

Quote from: "pauld"
We saw something pretty similar last season, whereby one lot ie Bill P and Mark D, were telling Wise one thing....like get Ince, and the Diamandis Wills faction, were saying we've overspent by 600K.   So Ince has to go etc.

Actually, the "overspend" only started being touted about after Mark D and Bill P had left the club. And Ince was also signed after then by the "Diamandis Wills faction" as you put it - if you remember there was a great song and dance about James Wills chipping in £60k of his own dosh to guarantee the deal with the League. It was only after he'd been here for a while and made little or no difference that they decided they couldn't afford him.

As I recall James Wills dosh was to  honour the deal which had been set up by Wise thinking he was on the BP/MD budget....hence the song and dance when Wills chipped in.

mark D didn't leave the club for some time after....although of course he was out of circulation.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 19:14:48 »

at the end of the day when a club like Everton come in for our number 1 or 2 there is no way on earth we should stand in his way. regardless of cost and fee's.

brez has been quality for us in the short space of time he has been here.
yes he is (in my opinion) worth close to £1m (going by other players evaluation) and maybe we should hold out for a decent deal but at the end of the day the guy has had a hard ride in English football (broken arm) and deserves a decent crack at the whip and be allowed to move to try and take that chance. I'd rather it be with us but good luck to the guy if he moves.

Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 19:29:58 »

TAKE THE MONEY TOWN, WE HAVE A QUALITY NUMBER ONE! WHAT A DEAL!

I though he'd be off to Leeds or somewhere for about 50p! Shocked

here's the man himself when you need him?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 19:49:45 »

another thing thats been bugging me, if sturrock not having a sub keeper, its a dissaster waiting to happen
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 19:54:23 »

It seems to me that town fans are more interested in balancing the books than progressing on the pitch.Fuck that,we shouldn't be selling him.

/
W56196272
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 20:02:13 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
It seems to me that town fans are more interested in balancing the books than progressing on the pitch.Fuck that,we shouldn't be selling him.

:goodpost:

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 20:03:46 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
another thing thats been bugging me, if sturrock not having a sub keeper, its a dissaster waiting to happen

Our back up keeper is Lee Peacock!

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

yup, thats the way I see it....
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 21:33:10 »

This may have been posted before, apologies in advance if I have missed it, but can we read anything into the fact that Little and Brevitt were missing on Saturday, rumours abound that all is not well with the proposed takeover and yet it would appear the the current board intend to sell one of our most saleable players.  Where would the money go is the question I would be asking if there was a line of communication to any of the board!!  No wonder there appear to be problems behind the scenes. :x
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 21:46:48 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
This may have been posted before, apologies in advance if I have missed it, but can we read anything into the fact that Little and Brevitt were missing on Saturday, rumours abound that all is not well with the proposed takeover and yet it would appear the the current board intend to sell one of our most saleable players.  Where would the money go is the question I would be asking if there was a line of communication to any of the board!!  No wonder there appear to be problems behind the scenes. :x

Mmmm yak cheese.
Dazzza

« Reply #102 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 21:47:19 »

What happened to Rais M'Bolhi the keeper on trial did he ever get a contract?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 23:54:08 »

mark D didn't leave the club for some time after....although of course he was out of circulation.

Mark D left the club in practice in September along with Bill and Phil. Just because it took months to sort out the arrangements makes no difference - Mark was never going to be going back to work as Chief Exec from September on.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 08:47:16 »

I guess Sturrock will elaborate on this in his next update.

Needless to say I think it will be a shame if he goes. But Everton is a big club - nowadays you wouldn't prevent a player going to a big club for a trial - that is all it is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: