Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Histon Matchday Thread. THE BIG ONE!!  (Read 28103 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:39:01 »

just got back from the game. As Gazza said in earlier post. it was good banter with the Histon keeper. i was not impressed with the performance. Only a few players can hold their head up after the performance and that was Smith, Timlin, Kanuyka, Brez and Peacock. The less we talk about the ref the better.
What Scot said. Fucking dire. And I'd probably single the same players out for (faint) praise. One thing we noticed being right behind the goal was how Aljofree abjectly failed to make any effort to organise the defence at set pieces, but instead spent the time far more profitably by bitching at his colleagues. Well done Hasney, another real captain's performance to be proud of. Shame you weren't so focused on marking the bloke who scored from enough free space to have pitched a tent, set up a calor gas stove and made us all sausages.

And as Gaz said, fair play to their keeper. Good sense of humour, earned the respect of most of us I think with the banter and doing well what little he needed to do.

And hats off to Reg - he got it bang on. Histon were the better side today, played better and they wanted it more. Thoroughly deserved to go through and we thoroughly deserved to go out.
JPC82

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:41:13 »

i blame Andy Mutch
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:41:24 »

Nah, he was saying Hoddle was the only one of our managers who'd won something not to have lost to non-League opposition but that was because we didn't play any non-league sides under Hoddle

Oh right, a real worthy point then. Let's all bow down to his immeasurable football knowledge.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:42:38 »

Ssh paul you can't make players scapegoats.
What Scot said. Fucking dire. And I'd probably single the same players out for (faint) praise. One thing we noticed being right behind the goal was how Aljofree abjectly failed to make any effort to organise the defence at set pieces, but instead spent the time far more profitably by bitching at his colleagues. Well done Hasney, another real captain's performance to be proud of. Shame you weren't so focused on marking the bloke who scored from enough free space to have pitched a tent, set up a calor gas stove and made us all sausages. And as Gaz said, fair play to their keeper. Good sense of humour, earned the respect of most of us I think with the banter and doing well what little he needed to do. And hats off to Reg - he got it bang on. Histon were the better side today, played better and they wanted it more. Thoroughly deserved to go through and we thoroughly deserved to go out.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:48:38 »

Well that was crap indeed. Has anyone else ever seen a fourth official recommend a goal disallowed after it's been given by the ref before? I certainly haven't.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:56:10 »

Nah, he was saying Hoddle was the only one of our managers who'd won something not to have lost to non-League opposition but that was because we didn't play any non-league sides under Hoddle

Your Brother in law? was a laugh on the radio as well!
Scot Munroe

« Reply #276 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:59:06 »

anyone see the arguement that Aljofree and Smith had just before the histon goal.
JPC82

« Reply #277 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:01:39 »

Neither Jerel Or Sean enjoy playing along side Has, cos they feel he blames them even when he himself is at fault
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:04:05 »

Ssh paul you can't make players scapegoats.
My point was about him as a captain and not as a player. And if he stops making other players scapegoats, I'll stop pointing it out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:06:04 »

anyone see the arguement that Aljofree and Smith had just before the histon goal.
Yep, that was just one example of the "leadership" I was talking about. If he'd been concentrating on marking up and organising the defence, or even organising his own marking, he might have kept with his man who then scored
adje

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:06:50 »

I hate the FACup-its lost its magic!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:09:50 »

McMahon won us the div 2 title.

Mc Moan was a cunt - we should never of gone down the year before!!

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:11:11 »

Ossie"won"the play-offs

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:15:39 »

Well that was crap indeed. Has anyone else ever seen a fourth official recommend a goal disallowed after it's been given by the ref before? I certainly haven't.
Nor me. But give the man credit, it takes some cajones to reverse a decision like that. Obviously I'd give him more credit if he'd been aware of the rule you can't score from a throw-in and/or been paying sufficient attention to notice no-one had touched it on it's passage through, but he does deserve a brownie point for character for that. Apart from that he was a swivel-eyed loon
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 22:19:47 »

I blame Macca for the goal, he decided to come back with the ball on a break and then try going back forward thinking he could take on three Histon players. He got subbed after that.

It's a bit sad seeing Ifil frozen out, they all made mistakes, but not even on a bench of seven. mad.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: