Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: York City change ground name....  (Read 5973 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 13:11:45 »

thats quite a height to lay down on if they are double deckers

speaking of which i really want a double decker bar now
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 15:13:33 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I'm afraid they've also signed a shirt sponsorship deal for next season as well. Oops

Seriously?!?!  Who with?  Nationwide?  I'm devastated.  Sell outs the lot of 'em.

The thing is with the Catalans they're probably more xenophobic than racist. Xenophobic against Spain.

Yeah they're more anti-Spaniard than the Scots are anti-English.  And that's saying something.

Yes, apparently they've signed a deal starting from next season with some computer interweb company type thingy.

There are still other teams in Spain who don't have shirt sponsors though, such as Real Betis and (if we're talking racism, nationalism, xenophobia, call it what you will) Athletic Bilbao.  No sponsors for them if you please.  And of course you can't play for them if you're not a Basque.  As far as I know, no non-Basque has ever played for them.
Melksham Red

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 15:31:10 »

Anyone seen the Daily Star today? They suggest we could change the name of the CG to, wait for it...........................................................................................................

The BOUNTY Ground.
 :roll:
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 15:45:43 »

Should be a real Boost to the local economy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 16:01:06 »

Athletic Bilbao will def have shirt sponsors nect season, as they are struggling with debt.  Still to find confirmation about Barca.  I hope they don't it's pretty cool they've resisted this far.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 17:13:59 »

Barca now have shirt sponsors, albeit on one sleeve.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 18:26:03 »

http://soccer.news.designerz.com/a-barcelona-shirt-that-will-cost-you-17-million-euros.html

They also mentioned it on Soccer AM a few weeks ago.

On the subject of sponsorship, it's been announced today (sorry if some one has done this already!) that Chelsea are terminating their kit deal with Umbro at a cost of £24 million(!!!!).  They're working out an even bigger deal with Adidas apparently.

It's a different world.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 18:28:00 »

poor old umbro, theyve always been the shit one out of the big 4 footballmakes. nike adidas reebok and umbro.

i was certain they'd have something lined up with nike. which is clearly better than adidas

officially blacker than the night.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 18:33:54 »

It's strange how very few English clubs wear Adidas kit these days.  I rememember back in the late 70's/early 80's, every Tom Dick and Harry wore Adidas - Even Swindon wore Adidas kit for about one season!

They were all made out of that horrible shiny material and had massive collars.  Those were the days!
DMR

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 20, 2005, 19:07:39 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
i wonder if they're going to sign gary revel or michael tobler owen

To you Sir, I doff my cap Smiley
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 21, 2005, 09:58:20 »

OST - That Article was posted in Oct 04, since then the Barca board got together and rejected this as they did not want to be linked to a gambling firm because of the message it would send young supporters.  tehy have decided to postpone any decision on shirt sponsorship until a later date.  Not saying it won't happen but not just yet!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: