Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Sit Down' Pantomime  (Read 5926 times)
Amir

« on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:06:04 »

Why, oh why do we still have this every fucking game when it never really achieves anything?  I was close to being thrown out tonight for refusing to sit down when everyone around us had done so.  Fair play to the first lad who I just laughed at, he said 'fair enough, I have to pretend I'm trying'.  The other stewards though are complete idiots and wannabe bouncers who actually seem really into it.  One of them said 'It's my job so I'm going to make you sit down'.  Cunts job pal.

In the end we moved to where other people were standing as it seemed we were just about to be thrown out, and were left alone apart from a few glares from the one who didn't like me saying no to him Soapy Tit Wank   The lads behind us had said if you sit down then they'll go and you can stand up again.  Well that's fair enough, except if you hadn't all caved in they would have left us alone to stand.  Was stood in exactly the same place for the Bournemouth game and because a few others wouldn't back down they left it.

Now does anyone know can stewards try to forcibly remove you for refusing to sit?  And can you get a ban, or is that only in view of arrest?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:11:45 »

was this in the town end?
Amir

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:12:02 »

Yar.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:13:35 »

Just sit down ffs... Then, amazingly, there will be no trouble!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:19:24 »

never been in the town end so can't comment, but it's the same up in the arkells. spend any length of time stood up and the stewards swarm over you.

i believe they have the power to eject you, although i doubt they could ban you unless you were spinning on your head with massive knives on your feet.

it's not as bad as being told to stop swearing.
Amir

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:20:23 »

No you trappy little git, I won't.  Same as I wouldn't stop swearing or singing just because someone told me to.
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:25:43 »

Quote from: "Tails"

Don't let sarah win!!!
Amir

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2006, 23:29:44 »

never been in the town end so can't comment, but it's the same up in the arkells. spend any length of time stood up and the stewards swarm over you.

In the Town End they let you get away with it if there are enough of you.  They come around the front and the area by the Nationwide and they bark until most at the front sit down and the back remains standing.  They then give up.  Today there was a poor attendence and more people than usual sat down on instruction so we were singled out.  Big Chief Lady even said she'd make an example of us Soapy Tit Wank  And one of them really wanted to batter me for opposing him.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 05:43:37 »

Quote from: "Amir"

In the Town End they let you get away with it if there are enough of you.  They come around the front and the area by the Nationwide and they bark until most at the front sit down and the back remains standing.  They then give up.  Today there was a poor attendence and more people than usual sat down on instruction so we were singled out.  Big Chief Lady even said she'd make an example of us Soapy Tit Wank  And one of them really wanted to batter me for opposing him.

Kick her in the chuff.  Wink
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 07:54:01 »

town end stewards are idiots, that pat buthcer women is crap at her job, she looks like she really wants everyone to sit down and does no good. when she gets angry it makes everyone stand up...

i stand near the back so i just let it all happen in front, it never comes our way.
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 07:59:05 »

Yeah i try and go near the back, she's learnt to walk up the steps though. :|
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 08:52:17 »

wont be long before we need new steps then!!

I was at the back of the Town end and stood up all game long .. banning smoking would be a much better thing .. i smelt like an ashtray and the end of the game!
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 09:43:15 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Why, oh why do we still have this every fucking game when it never really achieves anything?  I was close to being thrown out tonight for refusing to sit down when everyone around us had done so.  Fair play to the first lad who I just laughed at, he said 'fair enough, I have to pretend I'm trying'.  The other stewards though are complete idiots and wannabe bouncers who actually seem really into it.  One of them said 'It's my job so I'm going to make you sit down'.  Cunts job pal.

In the end we moved to where other people were standing as it seemed we were just about to be thrown out, and were left alone apart from a few glares from the one who didn't like me saying no to him Soapy Tit Wank   The lads behind us had said if you sit down then they'll go and you can stand up again.  Well that's fair enough, except if you hadn't all caved in they would have left us alone to stand.  Was stood in exactly the same place for the Bournemouth game and because a few others wouldn't back down they left it.

Now does anyone know can stewards try to forcibly remove you for refusing to sit?  And can you get a ban, or is that only in view of arrest?

I think I saw that Amir, do you or your mate have long hair? I was stood 4/5 rows back more towards the middle. Luckily I'm far enough back and in the middle of a "block" so I dont get any shit for standing up.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 10:14:38 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
wont be long before we need new steps then!!

I was at the back of the Town end and stood up all game long .. banning smoking would be a much better thing .. i smelt like an ashtray and the end of the game!

Go and sit with the grandads then, I have to have fags during footy or I go insane.  I could go insane and punch someone instead.

That big chief lady doesd my head in. bint  :x
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 10:26:06 »

Ash, they have been banning people for standing in the Town End - if they're worried about doing something on the night, sometimes they just wait till the next game to give you a warning letter, then ban you if you "reoffend". Although as I understand it they can ban you outright (ie without a warning letter) if they feel you've been especially abusive/violent towards them.

On the general point, it's not the club who want no standing in the Town End, it's the Safety Advisory Group who keep reducing the capacity of the Town End cos of standing and threatening to close it all together. They came very close to closing it last December because of people standing in the aisles, but were persuaded to let us (Trust/SC) try giving out leaflets asking people not to block the aisles. It worked and they backed down that time, but it's an ever-present threat.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: