Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King Of Spain to miss One Day series  (Read 4189 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:25:52 »

if your not going to give the young players a chance and play 35 year olds then your not going to win games. we've blooded youth over the last 2 years and its paid off. we dont want to go back to the old days of being the worst side in the world
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 21:47:41 »

blackwell last season in the totesport league and twenty 20 was brilliant. as a somerset fan, and seen him play many times last season, he definitely has the quality for one day cricket.
Spud

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 23:57:41 »

Quote from: "Johno"
blackwell last season in the totesport league and twenty 20 was brilliant. as a somerset fan, and seen him play many times last season, he definitely has the quality for one day cricket.

Yes he has the quality for the Totesport league but International level is a big step up which i dont think he's good enough for.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 27, 2005, 02:01:03 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "Rich"
the selection seems to be going back towards the days of mike atherton's captaincy again. the wont play Cook in the third test to replace strauss becuase he has no experience! they would rather play paul collingwood who i think is only a useful player in the limited overs form of the game

Collingwood's dead set shit but Cook hasn't played a game since September so you can hardly expect Fletcher to pick him to make his Test debut next week

There's nothing wrong with dropping players and then bringing them back. Ponting, Hayden, Langer, Martyn were all dropped by Aus in the 90s and then brought back. Blackwell isn't in there class but I'm happy to see how he goes this time

But the difference is they're world class batsmen, Blackwell or Collingwood arent.

I agree but Blackwell is good enough to be an effective ODI player. When Aus dropped that lot they obviously didn't think they were good enough but they turned out a bit alright.
Spud

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 27, 2005, 02:54:08 »

But Australian Cricket at County level is much much stronger than ours, they could drop a few of them and replace them with Hussey,Hodge etc and loads more.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 27, 2005, 16:44:25 »

blackwell for england!  Beers
Spud

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 27, 2005, 19:10:35 »

blackwell for england!  Beers

Boooooooo!  :|
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 08:00:56 »

we dont want to go back to the old days of being the worst side in the world

Not very likely to happen with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe around :-))( .
Blackwell has played well for Somerset so he's due another chance,but the thing that always concerned me about him was his commitment and his fittness.Whereas K.O.S and the other contracted players all train hard,you just suspect Blackwell isn't as prepared to work both on and off the pitch.Hopefully he'll prove me wrong Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:03:00 »

I saw Ian blackwell when i went to the Engand Vs NZ ODI 1 year ago in Bristol.

I was on my way to the pisser and i saw some bloke in the training gear and it turned out be him, he actually looks fatter than he does on tv.  :|
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:05:01 »

just because he's big don't mean he can't play cricket spud. stupidest thing ive heard.
Spud

« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 18:25:40 »

just because he's big don't mean he can't play cricket spud. stupidest thing ive heard.

But ive seen him play for England.  :roll:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 22:24:52 »

yes, you have. not saying you haven't  Soapy Tit Wank but i think giving him a chance would be very benefitical. if it don't work, then does it matter that much!?
Mace

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 28, 2005, 23:05:48 »

I think the problem is, that if its not Blackwell then who?

To be honest we have very limited spin options, its a shame Pieterson has given up the bowling side of his game, that would take a bit of pressure off whoever we went with for the one dayers. Vaughans a big turner of the ball but unlike Giles, he is always going to offer something to someone who wants to go after him!
Spud

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 00:07:34 »

yes, you have. not saying you haven't  Soapy Tit Wank but i think giving him a chance would be very benefitical. if it don't work, then does it matter that much!?

And if he fails again do you think they should stick with him?. :roll:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 16:40:42 »

depends how he does....can't say now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: