Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King Of Spain to miss One Day series  (Read 4190 times)
Spud

« on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 06:27:49 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4472600.stm
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 10:00:29 »

hip injury isn't it. (didn't go on the link) didn't do much on the aparant 'spinners wicket' anyway.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 11:47:14 »

Ian Blackwell called up though.  Tongue

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Nils

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 11:58:49 »

Shame cos he can bowl his 10 overs very economically and he can take a few wickets in the process.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 12:13:52 »

Quote from: "Nils"
Shame cos he can bowl his 10 overs very economically and he can take a few wickets in the process.

Yep agree with that, he's very good at bringing the economy down.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 14:34:44 »

pretty big blow but everyone knew two weeks ago that he wouldn't make the ODI series. there's probably a case for 'resting' him for the 3rd Test and bringing in Anderson or Plunkett. look forward to seeing if blackwell has improved enough to cope at the highest level this time around
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 17:55:39 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
Ian Blackwell called up though.  Tongue

Cheesy blackers!!
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:05:35 »

Has blackwell lost any weight yet?, or is he still a fat fuck?.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:06:54 »

Blackwell is a poor player. bad choice England! he has had his chance at international level but blew it! he's no more than a county player
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:08:14 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Blackwell is a poor player. bad choice England! he has had his chance at international level but blew it! he's no more than a county player

Agree with that, looked way below average on previous outings. How many more times will we go back to players who havent performed?.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:13:04 »

the selection seems to be going back towards the days of mike atherton's captaincy again. the wont play Cook in the third test to replace strauss becuase he has no experience! they would rather play paul collingwood who i think is only a useful player in the limited overs form of the game
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:18:01 »

the selection seems to be going back towards the days of mike atherton's captaincy again. the wont play Cook in the third test to replace strauss becuase he has no experience! they would rather play paul collingwood who i think is only a useful player in the limited overs form of the game

Which is stupid cos you cant get experience if your just going to be sitting in the stand.

The same goes for Min Patel who i heard was on standby to replace Giles. Im pretty sure he's played for England before?.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:19:36 »

he has Spuddy. again another player who for me can perform well at county level but is a let down when making the step up.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:19:42 »

Collingwood's dead set shit but Cook hasn't played a game since September so you can hardly expect Fletcher to pick him to make his Test debut next week

There's nothing wrong with dropping players and then bringing them back. Ponting, Hayden, Langer, Martyn were all dropped by Aus in the 90s and then brought back. Blackwell isn't in there class but I'm happy to see how he goes this time
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 26, 2005, 18:24:04 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

Collingwood's dead set shit but Cook hasn't played a game since September so you can hardly expect Fletcher to pick him to make his Test debut next week

There's nothing wrong with dropping players and then bringing them back. Ponting, Hayden, Langer, Martyn were all dropped by Aus in the 90s and then brought back. Blackwell isn't in there class but I'm happy to see how he goes this time

But the difference is they're world class batsmen, Blackwell or Collingwood arent.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: