Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We Should Adopt The Idea Of A Three Sided Stadium Too.  (Read 7485 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:33:16 »

I think the idea of redeveloping the Arkells and Town End is a good one, but why not just leave the SB where it is! There is no point getting rid of it because there would be the odd occasion where it could be used o bring in an extra £20,000 for a game if it was filled. (Wild guess at figure based on ticket prices!)

Okay so a flower bed would look very pretty.
What about after a few months when we reach winter, the weather is cold, it pisses it down, and the flowers have taken an absolute battering from Matt Hewletts shots. (Unless you put them near the goal!)
tidytrax

« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:44:54 »

To say you'd rather spoon ur eyes out is a bit silly. At the end of the day it would be in the interest of both clubs to ground share.  Should we let an old rivalry stand in the way of future sucess. Its not like we're in the same league as oxford or likely to be in the near future.
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:49:27 »

Quote from: "tidytrax"
To say you'd rather spoon ur eyes out is a bit silly. At the end of the day it would be in the interest of both clubs to ground share.  Should we let an old rivalry stand in the way of future sucess. Its not like we're in the same league as oxford or likely to be in the near future.

its not in the intrests of both clubs to share - we'd be paying oxford rent.
We'd also have to travel for 45mins to get to a home game. its a fucking shite idea.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:55:38 »

Its not the idea of ground sharing I dislike. Its the idea of getting to the games and having a ground THAT SUITS STFC!

We want a ground that will bring money into the club. Paying Oxford to borrow the Kassam is hardly going to do that is it!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:59:12 »

Quote from: "Zurich Red"
We could have a big rock face instead of the Stratton bank, like the Boavista stadium they used in Euro 2004 - that was pretty cool!

Apart from the fact its Braga.

I've said it before so I'll say it again the reason SB never happened was because we couldn't afford it.....the residents raised their legitimate concern , but the club dropped it anyway through lack of cash.

Only about a third of SB is near houses the majority backs onto CG extension.
tidytrax

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 17:08:44 »

If like grimereaper said, we could build a ground half way between oxford and swindon it would work better. But at the end of the day, the kassam is a new stadium
Amir

« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 17:24:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I've said it before so I'll say it again the reason SB never happened was because we couldn't afford it.....the residents raised their legitimate concern , but the club dropped it anyway through lack of cash.

We want a stand like the one they had at The Dell then Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 17:30:31 »

Quote from: "Amir Khan"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

We want a stand like the one they had at The Dell then Smiley

I envisage, something like filled in corner with the Arkells.....and bolt on extra into the CG extension, then a decent stand along two thirds then either sloping or stepprd a bit like Wrexham into the corner or perhaps have an emergency entrance tunnel and police surveillance and TV box in the problem corner.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 17:38:07 »

I am with the eye spooning people. No way should we ever share with Oxford and 4 stands is the way to go.
Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 18:06:55 »

If anything ditch the Town End out of that and the stratton bank, turn it into executive boxes or summat
Melksham Red

« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 18:16:03 »

Groundshare with Oxford!!! what an idiotic idea. We would lose fans left,right and centre doing that. For a start a lot of fans just would not share with the scum and secondly us fans from further afield could not afford to travel even further every week.

Can't see the point in demolishing the SB either, it can always be used as an overflow on a big match day and even when it's empty I prefer it to a flower bed or a fence (Bournemouth / Oxford). Looks shit. Still, not as bad as that mural Arsenal had of the North Bank when the were redeveloping though eh, that was shit.

That's my first ever post on here, for what its worth. Cheesy
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 18:42:15 »

Ok so the flower bed idea is not the best idea i had but all i was trying to do was throw ideas into a pot. Leanving SB there as it is will see it rot away even more. Its an eyesore. The laughing stock of our ground. Ask away fans to name crap grounds in our division and ours comes out near the top! Redeveloping the county ground but leaving SB as it is seems ludicrous and would actually look worse than not being there at all!
 One benefit of a three sided stadium is that the end with no stand can be utilised for things like concerts. You can build a tempory stage and light rigging etc. Things like this will generate money for the club more so than hoping Swindon will draw ManU in a cup game, like how often does that happen?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 19:09:14 »

I quite like the County Ground as it is and I don't give two shits what away fans think.

By the way, the Stratton Bank is open to away fans every game now at a reduced price. Towards the end of the season I think you'll see more and more people on there.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: