Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We Should Adopt The Idea Of A Three Sided Stadium Too.  (Read 7489 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 14:23:20 »

There I have said it. Maybe a few of you will think im a little crazy but in fact it makes perfect sence. Granted we have been able to take the piss over our yellow friends from down the road but lets be honest: At the end of the day they have a new stadium and we have a ground which looks worse every season!
 The latest scenario for STFC's new stadium is the possibility of ground re-development. However do you honestly think this will happen? I remember the residents in Shrivvy road objecting to any development of Stratton Bank in years gone by.
 I personally think that if we are to stay at The County Ground then the best way forward would be to redevelop the Town End and Arkell's Stand to mirror the existing Nationwide Stand and fill in the corners between. This should generate a capacity of around 20,000 which is more than adaquate for a club our size at present. I would have Stratton Bank removed and have the land there landscaped. At the end of the day we would have a much better ground and the local residents will be far happier. Its a win-win situation for all and should stop complaints from local residents over redevelopment issues.

Any thoughts?
Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 14:33:34 »

It's all about Street cred and i dont think  our board will want to be associated with a three sided stadium.  If you think i'm being silly over the Street cred bit i'm not, Paul Sturrock lost his job at the Saints over it
tidytrax

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 14:51:35 »

Surely its better to have a nice 3 sided up to date stadium than one which is old and looking old.  What's the point in having a 25,000+ stadium when we're struggling to get 6000 fans!!!!!!  3 sided stadiums have to be more cost effective. Less stewards needed ect.  We've got to be realistic now. We are a league one team and r showing no signs of becomin otherwise.  Lets not look outside of our needs.
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 15:21:37 »

I'd sort of agree with the Reaper apart from the demolition of the stratton bank. It does a job and i dont really see what advantage we'd get from demoloshing it

Just renovate it a little (better toilets and catering) and jobs a good 'un - stick the away fans on it.

I couldnt give a shit what shrivvy road residents think. They did buy a house next to a football ground after all.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 15:43:23 »

How can Stratton bank be doing a job? Its just er...there. It only gets used when we have a large number of visiting fans which is like once a season when City come. I still think its better to get rid of it altogether and have something else there that looks better than 100's of empty seats! How about a nice flower bed with the STFC logo incorparated?
Besides away fans can be accomodated in a newer larger Arkells Stand!
You have to get the residents on our side as they will only prevent future development by objecting to the council!
tidytrax

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 15:53:27 »

Everybody's thinkin of a new stadium idea.  Why not ground share with oxford. Local teams sharing works on the continent, why not hear. Between us and them we should be able to make a decent stadium.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 15:53:55 »

I wouldn't like a three end ground. It just wouldn't look right.
Stratton bank can be used as a standing stand.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 15:59:43 »

How can SB be used as a standing stand? Its illegal now and the goverment will never reverse that rule. Forget, move on with the times.
Groundshare with the Oxford?
Not as bad as it sounds really. If it was located say in Faringdon then it could work.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:05:07 »

Quote from: "tidytrax"
Everybody's thinkin of a new stadium idea.  Why not ground share with oxford. Local teams sharing works on the continent, why not hear. Between us and them we should be able to make a decent stadium.

Can't imagine that would be very popular. :nono
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:11:45 »

Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"
How can Stratton bank be doing a job? Its just er...there. It only gets used when we have a large number of visiting fans which is like once a season when City come. I still think its better to get rid of it altogether and have something else there that looks better than 100's of empty seats! How about a nice flower bed with the STFC logo incorparated?
You have to get the residents on our side as they will only prevent future development by objecting to the council!

Exactly! its there!  could be used as overflow for away fans or prefrebly for away fans full stop so they get wet.

Whats a better idea, have 2,500 seats in a shitty stand that looks terrible or a flower bed?

What would happen if we got MAN U/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool in the cup at the CG?

It would sell out and we'd lose £37,500 (2,500 @ £15 a ticket) beacuse of the Grim Reapers flower bed behind the goal.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:15:49 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"

Exactly! its there!  could be used as overflow for away fans or prefrebly for away fans full stop so they get wet.

Whats a better idea, have 2,500 seats in a shitty stand that looks terrible or a flower bed?

What would happen if we got MAN U/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool in the cup at the CG?

It would sell out and we'd lose £37,500 (2,500 @ £15 a ticket) beacuse of the Grim Reapers flower bed behind the goal.

Don't mind the cup, we will get them in the league in a few years. But you are right.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:16:20 »

I would rather spoon out my eyes than share a ground with poxford  :evil:
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:20:56 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"

Amen to that sister. if that ever happens we should arrange a special eye spooning ceromony
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:22:32 »

Quote from: "Piemonte2"
Quote from: "STFCBird"

Amen to that sister. if that ever happens we should arrange a special eye spooning ceromony

yeah and then do a raffle to raise money for some glass eyes for me.  I would be known as mrs spoon eyes
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:30:11 »

We could have a big rock face instead of the Stratton bank, like the Boavista stadium they used in Euro 2004 - that was pretty cool!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: