Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2024/25 Kits.  (Read 13897 times)
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 14:00:06 »

I assume it was any remaining stock and discarded training kit from the players.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 14:01:38 »

March issue stuff aswell i think
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 11:19:44 »

Surprised to see a lot of BNWT stock on the live feed. Can imagine there's some sort of clause with the Pro Direct/adidas stock that the Puma stuff needs to be got rid of by a certain date. If it was just the jumble sale and raising money for local charities like Prospect Hospice, which was a great effort on Steve and Jonah's part from the off, then it is was it is - but i'm surprised that people don't see the club selling off a whole replica kit for about £7 (RRP twelve months ago about £80) as a huge red flag, especially when other L2 clubs are able to hold their nerve at a £15/20 price point and still clear lines. Troubling. And nothing in stock on the club site, just a few teddies, car stickers, overpriced mugs and a3 artworks of departed players and our grinning Aussie overlord.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 11:35:34 »

I think you are right in assuming part of the new deal is that there's no Puma stock in the shop or online, so they have to either sell it off really cheap or landfill it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, June 21, 2024, 12:35:35 »

Yeah, check the 'bury by' date on the label
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, June 24, 2024, 20:44:14 »

Adidas training kits on the official website. Look nice
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, June 24, 2024, 21:57:49 »

Straight from the 2023 collection on the pro direct website and currently on sale at £14.40 for an adult. This is the problem the club are going to have with this deal, people will instantly be able to see the mark up on a like for like product on the same website.

Not that I’d condone it of course but you can get heat transfers for a couple of quid now so you’ll be able to make your own copy for next to nothing if that’s your bag.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 00:16:06 »

Interesting that pro direct are also sponsoring the kit - rather than a local company like we’ve had the last few years
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 06:12:18 »

Interesting that pro direct are also sponsoring the kit - rather than a local company like we’ve had the last few years
In the announcement stated I think they mentioned as part of the deal they sponsored all training wear.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 09:08:17 »

Straight from the 2023 collection on the pro direct website and currently on sale at £14.40 for an adult. This is the problem the club are going to have with this deal, people will instantly be able to see the mark up on a like for like product on the same website.

Not that I’d condone it of course but you can get heat transfers for a couple of quid now so you’ll be able to make your own copy for next to nothing if that’s your bag.

It is what it is. If people are surprised by this then i'd be shocked.

I would also like to think that they realise the profit made is what helps support the club. Sometimes its very much like the fans want a club that they dont financially support at all.

I'm also shocked at the number of people who dont realise this type of deal is what a lot of clubs do, not just non league clubs. Exeter, the shining light of fan ownership. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/adidas
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 09:11:19 »

I'm not seeing anything on the OS at all, training kit or otherwise.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 09:18:50 »

I'm not seeing anything on the OS at all, training kit or otherwise.
https://x.com/Official_STFC/status/1805326276049465616?t=c2GXMCYj_CaPr5n1ECnsNg&s=19
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 09:20:55 »

I would also like to think that they realise the profit made is what helps support the club. Sometimes its very much like the fans want a club that they dont financially support at all.

I'm also shocked at the number of people who dont realise this type of deal is what a lot of clubs do, not just non league clubs. Exeter, the shining light of fan ownership. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/adidas

It'll just become another stick to hit the club with, people acting all shocked that a polyester T shirt made in a far east sweat shop and sold for 60 odd quid has quite a mark up on it.

Looks alreet dunnit, be happy with those as home and away shirts TBH
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 09:45:22 »

I just think with the rise of things like DHGate people are far more aware of exactly what a rip off shirts are and people are becoming far more receptive to getting or creating knock offs. At our level not really likely to be a big issue, but it’s still a risk.

As for financial support, the club currently don’t deserve any as the same questions still remain unanswered so even the guilt element of not injecting money into the club doesn’t really exist at the moment.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2024, 10:28:02 »

Ripping people off causes the issues. Remember Euro 2004 when you could get a shirt with name and numbers on for like £30 in Sports Direct? That was well below market rate for a shirt at the time and they sold shit loads. Must have made more than they make now, hardly ever see a new shirt now and when you do, people usually say they used DH gate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: