Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2024/25 Kits.  (Read 13897 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 13:58:49 »

I *think* the pro-direct thing is the basic/cheap catalogue thing that Adidas offer to mainly non-league/sunday league sides. I assume that it was probably a quick and cheap option to allow us to break the Puma deal and get us through this season and we'll negotiate something a bit more permanent for next season.

With that said, the previous adidas efforts have been smart and *may* force me back into the club shop if their polo shirt offerings are up to scratch.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:07:35 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:01:59 »

Its a pretty standard set up for lower league clubs. A quick google will confirm the same/similar deal with Exeter and Salford among others. Nothing to get hung up about.

Same as ours previous as well I think. Not sure if it was Pro Direct but basically anyone with Adidas or Nike in the lower leagues tend to go through another company and pick from templates with iron on badges.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:12:52 »

So is it going to be one of the kits currently available on Pro:Direct or is there likely to be a new template to use? I quite liked our old Adidas kits and I think their latest kits are far better than the lieks of Puma and Nike.

Here's the current offering for red football shirts...

https://www.prodirectsport.com/soccer/l/mens/departments-clothing/subdepartment-teamwear/activity-football/brand-adidas/type-tops/basecolour-red/bestfor-matchday/?pg=2

Been told it'll be like the kit from the PDC era.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:15:17 »

Been told it'll be like the kit from the PDC era.

Makes sense, that was the most plain and basic of the previous Adidas templates.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:18:11 »

WE used to have amazing kits. And sponsors. The Fifa ones for example. We'll have the York rd chippy as sponsors if things don't improve on and off the pitch before too long.

So tin pot it hurts. Can someone contact Elon Musk and see if he can save us.

Article in the i I think today describing how we are sleepwalking to non-league. Hopefully someone with loads of money and the desire for a new project reads it and comes to our rescue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 14:30:10 »

Same as ours previous as well I think. Not sure if it was Pro Direct but basically anyone with Adidas or Nike in the lower leagues tend to go through another company and pick from templates with iron on badges.

Correct, but there will be an element that believe this is representative of the clubs poor management, when its standard practice.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:01:32 »

All well and good having Adidas but since we're going to be getting a template that'll probably be shared with a few other teams up and down the leagues, it's really hard to be at all excited about it

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 15:08:35 »

All well and good having Adidas but since we're going to be getting a template that'll probably be shared with a few other teams up and down the leagues, it's really hard to be at all excited about it
I know they bring revenue but I can't get excited about kits full stop

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 16:40:11 »

The club pushing this as being "STFC x Adidas" is.... a lie, right?

Adidas are in no way involved. This is not a 'collaboration' any more than it would be if Kintbury Rangers got their kits from one of these websites, is it?

Not trying to knock a good thing (Adidas is preferable to Puma under any guise) but this is simply a distortion of the truth..
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 16:45:09 »

These sorts of deals are the reason why so many lower league clubs have the likes Adidas and Nike now. Never used to be that way until late 2000s. Certainly in the 90s it was a motley crew of brands from all over the world did kits in the English leagues.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 16:45:31 »

The club pushing this as being "STFC x Adidas" is.... a lie, right?

Adidas are in no way involved. This is not a 'collaboration' any more than it would be if Kintbury Rangers got their kits from one of these websites, is it?

Not trying to knock a good thing (Adidas is preferable to Puma under any guise) but this is simply a distortion of the truth..
Think that depends on your interpretation of 'x'. If you consider it to mean a collaboration, then yes it's a lie. If you think of it as a pairing, then it's exactly what's happening.
Mexicano Rojo

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 17:03:31 »

I know they bring revenue but I can't get excited about kits full stop

Id be well up for a pair of Swindon Gazelles
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 17:11:01 »

A lot of our Puma kits was similar to other EFL clubs it is mainly only the Prem teams who get new templates.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 17:32:04 »

Which brand and year was it that we had the Swansea reject ones?  They'd simply put our sponsor over theirs or something.  As others have mentioned, standard approach these days to go via a secondary supplier.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 18:19:06 »

@rob Adidas. 2011

https://thewashbag.com/2011/09/03/rebranded-swansea-city-jackets-sold-by-swindon-town/

Ps. How's Zebedee?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: