Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2024/25 Kits.  (Read 13897 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 18:35:55 »

Rain jackets.  Goes to show we are all just a badge and sponsor name away from matching another teams kit.

Zeb is doing well, back in Swindon after a number of years living in Peckham.  If I can't find someone willing to employ me then I may return myself!

I quite like Adidas.  I wonder if I can buy the template cheap and get a badge ironed on?  Go sponsor free!
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 18:49:00 »

A lot of our Puma kits was similar to other EFL clubs it is mainly only the Prem teams who get new templates.

I wasn't keen on those too, it's only recently we've actually got anything bespoke

Would just prefer to get a smaller company that would actually put some effort into it

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 19:31:36 »

Best of luck Rob.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 19:32:49 »

I wasn't keen on those too, it's only recently we've actually got anything bespoke

Would just prefer to get a smaller company that would actually put some effort into it
The one with the diamond S in was great, even though I don't like that badge. A one off
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 19:38:41 »

I’ve liked some of the recent Puma kits.
They’ve had a bit of individuality to them.
Think this years home kit was a miss but they get props for trying to make it unique to Swindon. Didn’t like the black trim but did love the swirl home kit.
Apart from the super plain boring white away the kit - the away and 3rd kits have been varied in colour & decent.

I guess like a lot of things - the decision is driven by money rather than how the kits looks. Think last time under Adidas we just got Middlesbroughs previous seasons home kit but with our badge & sponsors. Too generic for me…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 21:52:37 »

Id be well up for a pair of Swindon Gazelles
You'd only end up giving them to a German Big Issue seller!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 23:15:47 »

I’ve liked some of the recent Puma kits.
They’ve had a bit of individuality to them.
Think this years home kit was a miss but they get props for trying to make it unique to Swindon. Didn’t like the black trim but did love the swirl home kit.
Apart from the super plain boring white away the kit - the away and 3rd kits have been varied in colour & decent.

I guess like a lot of things - the decision is driven by money rather than how the kits looks. Think last time under Adidas we just got Middlesbroughs previous seasons home kit but with our badge & sponsors. Too generic for me…

Interesting to see how everyone else views it. I agree that the sentiment behind last season’s home kit was good but execution a bit poor. I loved the white and black kit from season before. I liked last season’s away kit but they didn’t have it in my size (large before anyone makes the XXXXXL joke) and then when they restocked it sold out very quickly.
Mexicano Rojo

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 08:19:26 »

You'd only end up giving them to a German Big Issue seller!

Haha I'd forgotten that
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 11:44:48 »

This. So this.

Or even a random foreign company who are fairly big but unique for the football league like Mizuno was.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 16:48:12 »

Mad that a lot of people on the various social media channels are like ‘this isn’t a real deal with Adidas, we are getting template kits from a 3rd party’ like it’s some massive ‘gotcha’ loads of clubs will no doubt have the same kit deal in place as we did - plus it’s exactly what we had last time we had Adidas kits - they were all templates with 0 uniqueness about them.

Surely setting up kit manufacturing this way is just the most cost effective way of doing it.
Whilst I’ve already stated I like the unique elements of the Puma ones I expect they cost a lot more to produce; one of the pre-existing deals in place that wasn’t as financially beneficial to the club as other options I assume.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:54:36 »

yeah out of all the things to bring up this isn't even on the scale. Its actually counterproductive as just gives ammo to the idiots talking about moaners like the Clem criticism is unjustified.
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 17:56:58 »

Red Adidas top in the Longelo announcement video.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024, 18:00:46 »

yeah out of all the things to bring up this isn't even on the scale. Its actually counterproductive as just gives ammo to the idiots talking about moaners like the Clem criticism is unjustified.

Plus, it just distracts people from the real issues…
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2024, 13:58:26 »

When do we think the kits will be unveiled, first pre season game or before?
GTXMagnatec

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 13:27:11 »

Did anyone make it along to the end of season sale that the Kitmen were doing at the CG on Tuesday afternoon?  I saw they raised nearly £3k for Prospect Hospice so fair play but just wondered what kind of gear was up for grabs and for what price?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: