Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v AFC Wimbledon pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 10395 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 09:01:17 »

We can kind of relax now (as far as on the field goes). The real Dons may have something to play for so will hopefully bring a few.

Swindon 1-2 Dons att: 8,611 (804 away)
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 09:45:37 »

Swindon 1 - 3 Wimbledon Attendance 7,641 (857)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 09:52:40 »

We last won back-to-back football matches in November, and have only done two pairs this whole season (Mansfield and Accrington - despite our best efforts in injury time - in November, and Sutton and Walsall in September).

I can't see it happening to be honest.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 11:39:20 »

Big test this. They bullied and bossed us physically at their place.

I'm not sure one physical player is enough. But I was sure we'd lose at Barrow. So what do I know.

Pressure is all on Wimbledon
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 15:42:10 »

in some respects I hope the new dons win. Another win will help justify gunning 's appointment at the end of the season.
Freeloader

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 16:00:25 »

in some respects I hope the new dons win. Another win will help justify gunning 's appointment at the end of the season.

I think with staying up, it's a done deal.  If James Shan can stick around, I think they will get a tune out of the players.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 8, 2024, 16:09:41 by Freeloader » Logged
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 16:04:58 »

I never hope we loose - don’t care who the manager is if we’re winning.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 16:05:55 »

I think with staying up, it's a done deal.  If James Shan can stick around, I think they will get a tune out of the players.
In which case why wouldn’t you just appoint Shan and sack Gunning off if Shan is the key? It’s abundantly clear that Gunning adds absolutely nothing other than being a complete liability.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 16:06:49 »

I think you're missing that Shan hasn't, as as we know, been to Clem's house.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 17:15:37 »

I think you're missing that Shan hasn't, as as we know, been to Clem's house.
Ah yes, how could I forget the key qualification for the role.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 17:15:52 »

Big test this. They bullied and bossed us physically at their place.

I'm not sure one physical player is enough. But I was sure we'd lose at Barrow. So what do I know.

Pressure is all on Wimbledon

They will have to come at us and we might play better?

Anyway, pressure is on them for sure.

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 17:18:23 »

They will have to come at us and we might play better?

Anyway, pressure is on them for sure.

Definitely worked against Aldershot Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 18:15:38 »

Me too,in the moment.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 09:37:30 »

Its a results business, if Gunning carries on getting results then he will be appointed whether any of us like him or want him. I am no different, if he wins games then I am fine with his appointment however short term.

But if he doesnt get results and we look utterly disjointed in games as we have so often then he must not be appointed manager. Simple.

If we win the rest of our games then hes probably done enough to be considered an option, he wouldnt be my option but he would have deserved it, hes young and still learning. But the game vs Sutton was utterly attrocious in terms of performance, style and tactics, thats hard to forget but 4 wins in a row will soften that a little.

As it stands hes won 4 games, drawn 4 and lost 6 games since being appointed interim manager, thats nowhere near good enough for me with a win rate of just 26%.

If we can win our last 4 (which I cant see) then he will have won 8, drawn 4 and lost 6 which is much better 44% win rate, but it will show that Gunning is learning from his mistakes, of which there have been many.

Personally I do not want another season of Gunning in charge, but if he gets results then who am I to argue.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 09:56:57 »

If (and let’s be fair it’s a big if) we won the last four games then 6 of Gav’s 8 wins would have come since Shan came in to assist him, which would make the decision to not bring in an old head to help out another terrible decision.

For me, I don’t want Gav to be the manager, but the most important change needed (assuming Clem doesn’t sell) is someone who knows how to run a football club. They can then structure the playing side appropriately & appoint a first team coach/manager.

I think Jamie Russell has done a decent enough job so far, the players we did get through the door in January have (for the most part) been pretty decent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: