Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton United vs Swindon Town Build Up & Match Day  (Read 9375 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:39:31 »

Yeah its very odd.

I wouldn't say Cain has impressed, however earlier this season i seem to remember him scoring a couple of goals when he came in. He was an acceptable back up to Kemp for me.

Gunning has just abandoned any desire to play a midfield, the most important part of the fucking team. Sure Cain/McEachran lack the physicality, but play those 2 with someone more physical and i think that's acceptable, if not good.

But its all connected for me. The problem since Jan has been the ball doesn't stick up top. Austin (in my opinion) is so far gone now its untrue. If the front line can't hold up the ball and offer the midfield a chance to join them, then the midfield end up looking worse than they are. Very few players are Kemp and can run 40 yards with the ball.

This is true...

Harry Smith might not be the best but hes a big old lump who holds up the ball.

Everything came pinging back to the Midfield who we playing 3 inches in front of the defenders.

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:40:56 »

Don't think he's physically up to it right now, understandable. He looked properly knackered coming off v Notts C

I dont understand this, how he cant be match fit,he was playing every week for Leeds Under 23’s wasnt he?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:48:16 »

The entire midfield needs replacing - although I can’t comment on the new fella yet. They’re so similar in stature. If Gunning is in charge - heaven help us - he’ll need 2 or 3 muscle men in midfield if he’s sticking with the hoof.

The whole set up is a fucking shambles. Tbh, no matter who owns the club I doubt we’ll be in a much better state next season.

We need a new manager and virtually a new squad. It’s hard to believe it’s come to this.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:58:05 »

The entire midfield needs replacing - although I can’t comment on the new fella yet. They’re so similar in stature. If Gunning is in charge - heaven help us - he’ll need 2 or 3 muscle men in midfield if he’s sticking with the hoof.

The whole set up is a fucking shambles. Tbh, no matter who owns the club I doubt we’ll be in a much better state next season.

We need a new manager and virtually a new squad. It’s hard to believe it’s come to this.

Agree with everything until the last line. To me it’s quite easy to believe it’s come to this, people have been banging the drum about us heading in this direction for ages.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:14:41 »

it's certainly hard to accept we have gone from "to big for division 4 " to "let's get to safety first then see"

Things have changed a bit in the last decade financially. we haven't.

I'd like to think Reg is somewhere nodding his knowing nod
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:30:28 »

This is what makes me laugh about those that take issue with the "where is the money going" comments. Pretty much everytime we've been in Div 4 prior, we've been too big for the division and had positive results from it. Under Clem we've had better gates than any of those times prior.

The potential of this club if we weren't being hamstrung by shysters is infuriating, as is those with blinkers on that won't accept it, although most of them seem pretty quiet right now. 
A.N.Other

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 11:55:59 »

Probably waiting for the Fair Play findings before Told You So!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 12:02:11 »

This is what makes me laugh about those that take issue with the "where is the money going" comments. Pretty much everytime we've been in Div 4 prior, we've been too big for the division and had positive results from it. Under Clem we've had better gates than any of those times prior.

I think though that more clubs are being run on money they don't generate, i.e. chairman funding and/or getting into bigger debts than even we are declaring.  That's what I meant about 'things have changed a bit'.

But there are plenty of clubs that have smaller crowds and equal losses. So its not a total exemption. We should be doing a lot better.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 12:59:29 »

Why though? Where is the extra revenue going? Its never justified.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 13:24:29 »

We'll have to wait for the fair game analysis and see if it sheds more light. I doubt it, but there is little choice.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 14:12:57 »

They'll probably just get shown a balance sheet like the trust did. What they do with that information from there is them up to them. For example if a fuck ton of money is being bled to Adam Harts speed and cocaine strength and conditioning company, will they question it or just leave it there?

Otherwise its just a totally pointless exercise just like when the trust had a look.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 14:15:52 »

They have apparently been given more than the accounts lodged.

I doubt it'll be useful
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 14:52:55 »

Well we've been transparent for a couple of years now, shouldn't be a problem. 
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 15:11:14 »

Probably waiting for the Fair Play findings before Told You So!
Oh god not you again!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 15:54:42 »

…because when they do start they look miles off it.

Compared to the 2 who started yesterday,bollocks have they
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 16:37:07 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: