Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 11058 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:45:17 »

Would he, should he, expect to make money on his gift of 50% of the CG?

Only in it for the ground.

Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:46:41 »

But he got us the ground 🤣🤣🤣

Forgets to say that Eady money paid for it!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:47:11 »

If he sells for what the club is worth he won’t make a penny. But surely there must be some clause over what he can and cannot do with his half of the JV.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:52:50 »

What a Stags fan thought

‘ As predicted today was a bloody tough game, eventually won 3-2 but swindon were really decent on the break that drinan was one of the better players i’ve seen this season.

Swindon would’ve beaten most sides away today, but we were able to get over the line, to be pegged back twice and get over the line was great for our confidence after the setback of tuesday.’
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:57:54 »

Gav Gunnings decision to get rid of 6th choice Liam Kinsella is more bizarre every week. Literally starting every week in the league above and puts a bloody foot in.

Khan performance today was a disgrace. Didnt even try to tackle the bloke before he put the cross in for their third

adje

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 18:01:13 »

Gav Gunnings decision to get rid of 6th choice Liam Kinsella is more bizarre every week. Literally starting every week in the league above and puts a bloody foot in.

Khan performance today was a disgrace. Didnt even try to tackle the bloke before he put the cross in for their third

Three better players than Kinsella in my opinion on the bench today. Baffling why Khan played the whole game

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 18:17:03 »

Embarrassing.

I know someone who has seen the books, literally works in accounts, and our owner has no money. It's a sad state of affairs. Clem has messaged this person multiple times asking for advice.

Obviously not looking for bites, but we are in dire situation which is worse than people realise.

It doesn’t matter if Clem has any money as it’s not his money that bought or runs the club, or at least that’s what we are constantly being told, unless of course Standing has pulled out & it’s all down to Clem now.
If that’s the case it’s probably a good thing, right?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 18:27:04 »

Quote from: adje
Three better players than Kinsella in my opinion on the bench today. Baffling why Khan played the whole game

mcgurk isn't the same type of player but I'm baffled why he didn't come on

no idea who the other two are. Cain? Can't be McEachran or Aguiar.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 18:41:29 »

The second half was at least fun to watch.  The reality is we could and should have lost that about 4-8 in the end.  Why on earth Mansfield allowed it to remain so open is beyond me, silly.  Created some very good chances but they had some nailed on ones as well, lots of them.

Overall it was tactical suicide.  Not sure what Gunning is going on about in that post match summary - 50/50!!!  What was he watching.  The second half was much more end to end, but they've managed to miss about 6 open goal style chances over the course of the game vs maybe 2 or 3 for us.

Basically sums our club up right now.  Within the context of the season, a 3-2 defeat at the league leaders with some missed chances is not bad.  The problem is there is nothing else to cling to - we should be where we are (not that we don't deserve to be, this squad, all season, has been poor).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 19:07:33 »

The second half was at least fun to watch.  The reality is we could and should have lost that about 4-8 in the end.  Why on earth Mansfield allowed it to remain so open is beyond me, silly.  Created some very good chances but they had some nailed on ones as well, lots of them.

Overall it was tactical suicide.  Not sure what Gunning is going on about in that post match summary - 50/50!!!  What was he watching.  The second half was much more end to end, but they've managed to miss about 6 open goal style chances over the course of the game vs maybe 2 or 3 for us.

Basically sums our club up right now.  Within the context of the season, a 3-2 defeat at the league leaders with some missed chances is not bad.  The problem is there is nothing else to cling to - we should be where we are (not that we don't deserve to be, this squad, all season, has been poor).

Possession 50/50
Shots 22/20
On Target 10/8
Off Target 6/7
Passes 390/398
Clear cut chances 6/3
Corners 6/3
Offside 2/0
Blocked shots 6/5
Tackles won 10/7
Aerial duals won 26/30
Saves 6/6
Yellow card 1/1

….looks pretty even on paper
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 19:08:39 »

The goals column is usually the most important stat
STFC_Dale

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 19:32:51 »

Khan should not be starting anymore. He’s an absolute liability in that midfield. There were times today where he genuinely looked like he’d given up and couldn’t be arsed. Plus the fact he gives the ball away more than any other player in our squad by a country mile. Should have sold him to Wrexham when we had the chance. Someone give Deadpool another bell and get him off the books in the summer.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 19:39:02 »

They tore us a new one for the first 10, rest of the first half was a non-event.
2nd half was fairly equal, both teams should have scored more but there was definitely a point up for grabs for us today.

We have some decent players but there are so many glaring gaps in the squad and the dugout that we end up with the dross results we have.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 19:48:17 »

I've always liked Gunning and was happy he was given a chance, and at first thought he was a breath of fresh air with his new ideas and attacking play. But his last few games show he very hit and miss, and really hasn't got a clue !

His set up today was bizzare - Elboozi as a wing back immediately rang alarm bells. He's a great attacking winger, but it was obvious our right sided defence was really going to be a problem - and how that came to pass ! All their attacking play came down that side with Elboozi either awol or ineffective in defence, and Brewitt was soo slow coming over to help. The real worrying thing is that Gunning did nothing to address it, while all the rest of us watching could see it !

Khan was utter dogshit today, how he stayed on for the whole game I'll never know. Brewitt was poor and should'e been replaced by Kokolo, reverting to a back 4.

Could have been 4 down in the first half, but going forward we looked quite threatening, and Elboozi was amazing doing what he's good at ! Nice to see Glatzel and Drinnan get their goals, should boost their confidence. Unfortunately RHM has reverted to his normal self.

An entertaining game, but haven't seen anything to feel we're building for a better future !
Agree with all of that.

Our defending down our right hand side was clueless/non existent.  For me that disqualified El Bouzedi from consideration for MOM, notwithstanding his attacking influence.  Albeit the likes of Gunning and Brewitt probably share the greater responsibility for the right hand side defensive debacle, along with the lack of any midfield cover.  

To be fair, kudos to Mansfield whose combination of bulk and guile up front and movement from midfield, looked capable of testing better defences than our own.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 19:53:11 »

Possession 50/50
Shots 22/20
On Target 10/8
Off Target 6/7
Passes 390/398
Clear cut chances 6/3
Corners 6/3
Offside 2/0
Blocked shots 6/5
Tackles won 10/7
Aerial duals won 26/30
Saves 6/6
Yellow card 1/1

….looks pretty even on paper

It was not.

We had the RHM shot that really should be a goal.

They had one that was saved onto the post, one that was similar to RHM (very early in the game) and one that the bloke passed it to our defender on the line when he should have put his foot through it.  Then there were some OK chances on top of that, but for both teams.  The second half was more even in terms of scoring opportunities I felt.  The first half was a cricket score waiting to happen - it didn't, it's L2.

In fact, just take the 6-3 for clear cut chances, that's the most accurate reflection of the game.  I said 8-4 was a fair score, so 6-3 is not that far off that.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: