Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 11055 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 16:56:22 »

We at least made a game of it in the second half and didn’t get battered.
Could have nicked a point, which on the second half would have been fair, based on the first half would have been daylight robbery
adje

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 16:56:27 »

Expected a dicking before the game. Expected embarrassment after 15 mins. But in the end we should have got a point
Yep

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 16:58:23 »

Embarrassing.

I know someone who has seen the books, literally works in accounts, and our owner has no money. It's a sad state of affairs. Clem has messaged this person multiple times asking for advice.

Obviously not looking for bites, but we are in dire situation which is worse than people realise.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 16:58:38 »

Poor first half. Could have been dead & buried.
Better second half. End to end. Could have gone literally anyway.

How Mansfield played during in injury time & their commentators reactions clearly shows they were holding on at the end.

Just like our whole season - some good, some bad.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:07:00 »

Embarrassing.

I know someone who has seen the books, literally works in accounts, and our owner has no money. It's a sad state of affairs. Clem has messaged this person multiple times asking for advice.

Obviously not looking for bites, but we are in dire situation which is worse than people realise.

Let's hope there's someone with the requisite funds who's interested then.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:11:33 »

no it's not worse than we realise
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:13:39 »

fair result in my book.

Mansfield had so many good chances. We had a few ourselves, but far fewer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:15:03 »

Quote from: Sippo
Embarrassing.

we all think he's fucked financially, and by extensions we as a club are fucked.

hope he sells up before it's too late
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:23:26 »

Clem has to go before it’s too late

If we go into admin and get a 10pt deduction we are likely down

Going nowhere under this ownership
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:24:26 »

The suggestion from those in and around the know is that the asking price is too high, not sure how that squares with Clem being flat broke. He clearly doesn't have much money, but if he had none at all you think he'd be keen to sell a loss making asset at basically any price.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:25:14 »

I've always liked Gunning and was happy he was given a chance, and at first thought he was a breath of fresh air with his new ideas and attacking play. But his last few games show he very hit and miss, and really hasn't got a clue !

His set up today was bizzare - Elboozi as a wing back immediately rang alarm bells. He's a great attacking winger, but it was obvious our right sided defence was really going to be a problem - and how that came to pass ! All their attacking play came down that side with Elboozi either awol or ineffective in defence, and Brewitt was soo slow coming over to help. The real worrying thing is that Gunning did nothing to address it, while all the rest of us watching could see it !

Khan was utter dogshit today, how he stayed on for the whole game I'll never know. Brewitt was poor and should'e been replaced by Kokolo, reverting to a back 4.

Could have been 4 down in the first half, but going forward we looked quite threatening, and Elboozi was amazing doing what he's good at ! Nice to see Glatzel and Drinnan get their goals, should boost their confidence. Unfortunately RHM has reverted to his normal self.

An entertaining game, but haven't seen anything to feel we're building for a better future !
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:26:14 »

Gunning:
- Frustrating result, but shows that we....
- A defeat is a defeat
- When you concede 3 goals that are horror shows then its a frustrating afternoon
- We worked on getting goal side all week.
- They had 5 mins where they were a tornado. We were chasing our tail
- Swan. Middle of the goal and free header.
- Being a defender its frustrating.
- Just have to have desirte to get close. We worked on dont mark space mark people in the box ALL WEEK
- The first 5-10 mins we were all over the place
- After that quite an even game
- Frustrating
- Tough to get the words out.
- To come to one of the top teams and go toe to toe but concede horror show goals
- We switched off after the goal.
- Dont mark one of the best player in the league and he scores
- We dont mark in the box and they score again
- Realism is that both teams had chances and didnt take them
- Both teams were on the front foot and both defences were a little shaky
- They couldn't cope with UGM who kept driving forward
- Could have been 5-5
- 3 at the back was to cope with their 2 strikers who play wide
- Zak tore the left back apart. We should have played it to him more
- They have score something like 25 goals in the last 5
- You come here and its just lapses in concentration that did for us
- So frustration that it was lapses of concentration
- Drinan was clever and a threat all game. Came alive after 20 mins. A real positive his performance
- Realism is that if you go to places like Stockport (solid performance) and Mansfield (gone toe to toe) and score 2 goals away from home and get nothing
- It was a 50/50 game
- We switched off and 'it is what it is' (Took ages for his first one today - Thought he might get through the whole interview without one. But, it is what it is!)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:26:58 »

The suggestion from those in and around the know is that the asking price is too high, not sure how that squares with Clem being flat broke. He clearly doesn't have much money, but if he had none at all you think he'd be keen to sell a loss making asset at basically any price.

Wasnt the figure he wanted £15m

digby

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:30:53 »

Embarrassing.

Should't this be on another thread - certainly not match day !
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:40:44 »

Wasnt the figure he wanted £15m

Would he, should he, expect to make money on his gift of 50% of the CG?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: