Poll
Question: Simple, renewing or not?  (Voting closed: Monday, March 18, 2024, 14:42:07)
Yes, have renewed/will be renewing - 34 (41.5%)
No, won't be renewing - 21 (25.6%)
Partial renewal, family members dropping out - 0 (0%)
I'm a pay in the day and will continue to do so - 8 (9.8%)
I'm pay on the day but will no longer attend - 9 (11%)
I'm pay on the day and will attend a handful - 10 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2024/25  (Read 9411 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2024, 19:17:11 »

Fucking freeloading scum.
😁
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2024, 22:34:30 »

Interesting that Proof of ID will be required for Student & disabled tickets and also for under 11, but not Over 65's

Especially as 10 year olds are about a thousand times less likely to carry ID than a 66 year old
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 08:46:39 »

Interesting that Proof of ID will be required for Student & disabled tickets and also for under 11, but not Over 65's

Surely you'd just need to register once at the start of the season to prove your age and then good to book your concession?

Knowing this mob, itll be aggresive spot checks on kids ID at the turnstiles  Doh
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 09:04:06 »

Presume they’ll check matchday tickets not STs. It pissed me off no end when some goon asked to see my ticket pre turnstiles. I just flashed it and hurried on.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 10:29:15 »

I'm very anti Clem and the current regime, but I can completely understand why they are clamping down on people taking advantage of reduced tickets (student, U21 etc)*.

Simply in my opinion, if you don't agree with the prices, or can't afford to pay the price for your age category, then don't go. Swindon Town Football Club isn't the only company who you'd expect to have to provide proof of age or proof of student status, so this one is fair in my book, again read below RE U11s. 

*U11s is stupid, what are you meant to do take a copy of your passport?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 10:34:12 »

I don't think anyone thinks they shouldn't care about this stuff, by all means check at the point of selling ST,  but when they did spot checks their own Advisory Board notes suggested they found *20* people on the wrong kind of ticket. Its just... not a major issue.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 10:42:47 »

It probably is a major issue for them though when every single penny is desperately needed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 10:48:23 »

Let's say worse case scenario, and calculate on adults in the side stands (£27) buying an under 18 ticket (£11), so a £16 loss per person doing that.

It takes 625 people to do that - or 27 per home match over the season - to even reach £10k, the amount the club was just fined for Clem not telling the FA he sold some shares.

In order to close the ~£1m funding gap the club seems to have you'd need there to be 2,700 people per match doing this!

There's no major harm in doing a bit (although I suspect you'd have to hire more stewards - increasing our costs) but these are such smaller numbers in the scale of the club's problems.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 14:25:59 »

It's a PR stunt - anti PR.  Like politicians creating a them - someone to fear.  In this case, the club needs enemies to ensure the majority stay with them.  It's not us being shit at running a football club, or worse, crippling it for our ill gotten gains, no, it's THEM.  THEY are the ones holding us back.

The fans won't spend enough time to do the maths, and see it's a crock of shit.  It's this sort of claim that good local reporting would rip to shreds.

The same thing as the Merc and the Car Wash.  The latter of which should have had no material impact if we'd actually have let them use the bit of land to wash cars (assuming that was the true aim of the enterprise, I suspect it wasn't).  We decided to create a legal battle, because it creates another THEM.

I could go as far as to ask, why did the club decide to rip up the catering contract, only a few years before it was due to expire naturally?  They were clearly in breach of contract and were taking on a proper corporate entity, not some backwater crew.  Best case scenario we have to settle and pay on that one (which I think is still listed as taking up a winding-up order?).  It all reeks a bit of needing CASH now, rather than long term stability.  Yes, doing it in-house may be the long term option, so plan for it when the contract expires or begin exit discussions to see what termination fees may be possible.  Nope, we locked them out and sold some pies.  That is not a good business decision, not that I can see.

It all tastes and smells like a scam.  I'm not saying I think illegal stuff, just knowing what you have and how you can use it.  the Axis story unravelling seems to tilt me towards this - Clem is not stupid, or someone helping him out isn't.  The kind of actions taken are done on purpose, even if they seem stupid at times.  The bigger picture of the football club may well be meandering because of incompetent football stewardship, but the financial side seems like it's because of purposeful actions.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 14:31:41 »

The longer this goes on the more convinced I am we should have cardboard cut outs in the seats. Nobody would notice the difference.
Ignorance is bliss......apparently.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 14:49:49 »

Let's say worse case scenario, and calculate on adults in the side stands (£27) buying an under 18 ticket (£11), so a £16 loss per person doing that.

It takes 625 people to do that - or 27 per home match over the season - to even reach £10k, the amount the club was just fined for Clem not telling the FA he sold some shares.

In order to close the ~£1m funding gap the club seems to have you'd need there to be 2,700 people per match doing this!

There's no major harm in doing a bit (although I suspect you'd have to hire more stewards - increasing our costs) but these are such smaller numbers in the scale of the club's problems.
I agree but honestly i have seen first hand how tight they are. If they even think for one moment someone is pulling a fast one they will want to make sure they don't. It may be 10k but i suppose that could fix the shop boarding or wash the clock
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 16:36:45 »

It's a PR stunt - anti PR.  Like politicians creating a them - someone to fear.  In this case, the club needs enemies to ensure the majority stay with them.  It's not us being shit at running a football club, or worse, crippling it for our ill gotten gains, no, it's THEM.  THEY are the ones holding us back.

The fans won't spend enough time to do the maths, and see it's a crock of shit.  It's this sort of claim that good local reporting would rip to shreds.

The same thing as the Merc and the Car Wash.  The latter of which should have had no material impact if we'd actually have let them use the bit of land to wash cars (assuming that was the true aim of the enterprise, I suspect it wasn't).  We decided to create a legal battle, because it creates another THEM.

I could go as far as to ask, why did the club decide to rip up the catering contract, only a few years before it was due to expire naturally?  They were clearly in breach of contract and were taking on a proper corporate entity, not some backwater crew.  Best case scenario we have to settle and pay on that one (which I think is still listed as taking up a winding-up order?).  It all reeks a bit of needing CASH now, rather than long term stability.  Yes, doing it in-house may be the long term option, so plan for it when the contract expires or begin exit discussions to see what termination fees may be possible.  Nope, we locked them out and sold some pies.  That is not a good business decision, not that I can see.

It all tastes and smells like a scam.  I'm not saying I think illegal stuff, just knowing what you have and how you can use it.  the Axis story unravelling seems to tilt me towards this - Clem is not stupid, or someone helping him out isn't.  The kind of actions taken are done on purpose, even if they seem stupid at times.  The bigger picture of the football club may well be meandering because of incompetent football stewardship, but the financial side seems like it's because of purposeful actions.

Sad thing is some believe it. A poster on here even said people watching at home need to stop taking the piss.

Drop in the fucking ocean compared to what is going on and i'll fucking say it. Crook shit.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 16:44:03 »

I agree but honestly i have seen first hand how tight they are. If they even think for one moment someone is pulling a fast one they will want to make sure they don't. It may be 10k but i suppose that could fix the shop boarding or wash the clock

Some good natured person washed the clock today I believe.

Edit - sorry just saw it on another thread. Clean as a whistle

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 16:47:51 »

These fellas

sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 8, 2024, 10:21:12 »

These fellas

Why are their vans so dirty?…..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up