Poll
Question: Simple, renewing or not?  (Voting closed: Monday, March 18, 2024, 14:42:07)
Yes, have renewed/will be renewing - 34 (41.5%)
No, won't be renewing - 21 (25.6%)
Partial renewal, family members dropping out - 0 (0%)
I'm a pay in the day and will continue to do so - 8 (9.8%)
I'm pay on the day but will no longer attend - 9 (11%)
I'm pay on the day and will attend a handful - 10 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2024/25  (Read 7160 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 00:25:18 »

Had the same seat since the DRS opened so a season ticket for almost 30 years, in fact next season would have been the 30th. But enough is enough, I won’t be renewing or putting in another single penny until this ownership is gone, it’s pretty clear the money won’t go for the betterment of the club and I’m not funding the lifestyle and extracurricular activities of convicted criminals.

Obviously means I won’t renew the other half’s either so that another down.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:18:30 »

I go with my kid, this season is his last under-11 so would've been a 'Family 1' renewal next year, but as it stands I won't be renewing. Midweek games are a pain in the arse as I work early shifts, but have put up with mostly losing those as 'free' games... it's been a fight to get my lad to come the last few games, he's missed probably 5 or 6 games this season now. He's the only kid in his year with Swindon as his 'first' team, the club is gonna lose that core youth support. Sad to see.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:26:06 »

I go with my kid, this season is his last under-11 so would've been a 'Family 1' renewal next year, but as it stands I won't be renewing. Midweek games are a pain in the arse as I work early shifts, but have put up with mostly losing those as 'free' games... it's been a fight to get my lad to come the last few games, he's missed probably 5 or 6 games this season now. He's the only kid in his year with Swindon as his 'first' team, the club is gonna lose that core youth support. Sad to see.

My neighbour took his youngin on Saturday as the Kids club got freebie tickets..

Then we dish up that dross....same every time. He wasnt impressed!

Clems Army!
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 10:32:30 »

Looking forward to getting a first Season Ticket with my son alongside friends in the Arkell's, but not until the summer of 2025 - hopefully a few big changes before then!

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:49:14 »

Looking forward to getting a first Season Ticket with my son alongside friends in the Arkell's, but not until the summer of 2025 - hopefully a few big changes before then!

Hopefully the rebuild has legitimately started at that point and no more false dawns under Chris and Hollies babysitter, Michael Standings lawyer, Zav Austins mate down the pub or Adam Harts dogwalker.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:53:30 »

Had the same seat since the DRS opened so a season ticket for almost 30 years, in fact next season would have been the 30th. But enough is enough, I won’t be renewing or putting in another single penny until this ownership is gone, it’s pretty clear the money won’t go for the betterment of the club and I’m not funding the lifestyle and extracurricular activities of convicted criminals.

Obviously means I won’t renew the other half’s either so that another down.

I don't want to be confrontational, but genuinely want to discuss this.

The current regime is enough for you to stop buying a ST but Lee Power wasn't at any point? Personally i think Lee was far more of a crook and danger to this club than the current lot, despite the current lots faults.

pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:29:55 »

Not renewing had enough of the stagnation and cost cutting under Morphony... Season Ticket since 2002 stopped at the end of Power era and within 3 years now in the same place again. I would strongly support any peaceful protest like in the Diamandis days, but fear the general apathy of fanbase will prevent this. Hope the new Trust board can change tact and call the current ownership to account and stop doing their bidding with the fanbase.

ewsham Robin
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:36:21 »

I don't want to be confrontational, but genuinely want to discuss this.

The current regime is enough for you to stop buying a ST but Lee Power wasn't at any point? Personally i think Lee was far more of a crook and danger to this club than the current lot, despite the current lots faults.

I know I am not the one being asked, but I would say that this lot are no worse or better than Power.  He seemed to have more mal intent, that is for sure, but he balanced it a bit with good football knowledge and contacts.  I am really not 100% sure of the intent of the current regime, but they bring incompetence at running a football club as a minimum.  The net/net seems about the same to me.  A risk you are spunking your money on someone's less than ethical venture but a sure fire banker that they will produce shit for you to watch.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:46:50 »

Power = dodgy as fuck + knew football
Morfuni = dodgy as fuck + doesn't know football
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:50:18 »

Power = manipulator
Morfuni = being manipulated
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:51:24 »

Power = dodgy as fuck + knew football
Morfuni = dodgy as fuck + doesn't know football
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 14:18:16 »

I know I am not the one being asked, but I would say that this lot are no worse or better than Power.  He seemed to have more mal intent, that is for sure, but he balanced it a bit with good football knowledge and contacts.  I am really not 100% sure of the intent of the current regime, but they bring incompetence at running a football club as a minimum.  The net/net seems about the same to me.  A risk you are spunking your money on someone's less than ethical venture but a sure fire banker that they will produce shit for you to watch.

What you are saying, and what i think most believe, is ultimately on the pitch performance is all that matters.

We knew Power was a crook but it wasn't until he pulled the rug from under Wellens, and appointed Sheridan, that the fans got angry enough.

The lack of footballing success under Morfuni is really what spurs people to action, despite anger to how the club is being run.

The more shit we are on the pitch, the more everyone looks behind the scenes at anything and everything going on. Such as this seasons discourse over the font tiles used on the next opposition board, or the cleanliness of the Rolex clock.

Personally the chances are i will renew my season ticket. If i was convinced there were enough people that would take a stand with non-renewal that it would push Morfuni to sell, then i would likely join them. I doubt that its the case though. ST will be down, but it will not be enough to make a difference, and will be chalked up to the performance on the pitch, not a protest at ownership.

The more i think about the Morfuni era the more i believe its incompetence rather than intentional and i fear only goes one way without the fans support. I don't think going to non league and rebuilding is the way (as many stuck in non league prove). 

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 14:21:33 »

I sort of agree - I think there are plenty of people on here saying they will still renew despite their thoughts on the ownership.  I imagine we are already seeing the drift - those not turning up right now will probably struggle to renew.  Most of that will be performance, but what the ownership issue has done is made it easier to drift away.  Clem's arrival brought with it some great marketing/PR off the bat, helped by the Trust it must be said.  That in turn boosted season ticket numbers, the realisation it was a charade has essentially returned the club back to where it was under Power, with less football to convince you.  That combined impact could be an issue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 14:25:05 »

Power = manipulator
Morfuni = being manipulated

Nobody has manipulated Clem into all his dealings in Oz that were reported at the weekend.
Nobody manipulated him into not telling the FA about the transfer of shares.

Clem manipulated 1000s of fans into giving up their season ticket money a few years ago.

Saying he’s being manipulated lets him off the hook, he’s a wrongen the same as Power.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 14:29:41 by Quagmire » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 14:25:36 »

Yeah and its likely an issue for the next owner as well. The fans have been suckered before now. It will take quite something for the next owner to get that good will back again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: