Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport Chartists vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread  (Read 15142 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:57:24 »

Matt Smith is exactly the type of centre forward we've been crying out for, for....it seems like forever...
We've got one now, sort of
« Last Edit: Monday, February 5, 2024, 12:00:59 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:58:33 »

It was Payne, Reed and Baudry who were winning the plaudits at that time. Egbo was getting plenty of love but I don't think it was changing our season.

Seeing as I have the spreadsheet, last 10 TEF MoMs of that season:

Payne
Reed
Payne
McKirdy
Williams
Egbo
Baudry
Baudry
Payne
Payne

And total votes over that run:

Payne 94
Baudry 79
Williams 45
Egbo 44
Reed 41
Conroy 40
Iandolo 37
McKirdy 24 (note: he actually missed four games of the last ten, and six of the last 12. Probably suspension!)

On the actual point, is it too middle of the road to say that I think Garner is both the best manager we've had under Clem and someone I don't particularly want to revisit? Although if the deal was Garner and Chorley I'd think about it!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 12:10:19 »

Yeah that’s fair.

I don’t think Garner was that great and we still had massive issues with some things we still have massive issues with. I mean if you can’t hold onto a lead against 9 man Colchester…

I wouldn’t want him back on his own but if it was a package deal with Chorley I’d take it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 12:44:59 »

Everything he said in that interview is exactly what you'd want from your Director of Football or Head of Development in a bigger club.  Precisely the role he seemed a good fit for when here.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 13:01:13 »

Hmm..

A good interview. He comes across well but ultimately this is league 2. He comes across as somebody who's used to professional set ups, perfect pitches and 11 players who are comfortable on the ball. Which would make sense from his background coaching premier league academy teams but won't always be the case in the basement division.

Too many things need to be running perfectly for him to be successful.  

iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 11:34:08 »

Matt Smith is exactly the type of centre forward we've been crying out for, for....it seems like forever...

He'll be off to league one next season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 13:43:18 »

He'll be off to league one next season.
Wouldn't surprise me. I wasn't suggesting we had a cat in hell's chance of signing him...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: