Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport Chartists vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread  (Read 15146 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 22:24:48 »

Quote from: Steak supper
  with a couple of enforcements, we should be  upper mid table next season

yay!
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 22:25:53 »

not great is it really
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 22:50:10 »

Revisionist history with Garner.

Dull, slow football for the most part. 3 at the back bollocks. We were going no where until…
Hunt got injured and we bought in Egbo. Changed formation and looked better for it.
Absolute purplest of purple patches from McKirdy.
…and we still couldn’t see games out ffs.

If Hunt doesn’t get injured we finish 10th & Garner gets sacked anyway…

Not sure about that - wasn’t Kessler Hayden our wing back until his recall. Egbo only came in late on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 23:04:37 »

Not sure about that - wasn’t Kessler Hayden our wing back until his recall. Egbo only came in late on.

Yes but I don’t think we went 433 till Hunt got injured & we signed Egbo to play right back.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 09:53:29 »

Havent read back.

Disappointing, i thought we deserved a point.

Defending lapses, again, let us down.

I thought ours and their second was offside, i suppose it was the angles.

Plenty to be positive about. McKirdy showed we miss a player who can run and shoot.

New lad from AIK played well.

Newport were ok but not as good as the Welsh Comms made out.

No kids on the bench.

Roll on Saturday.

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:27:40 »

I personally think that Clem is planning for Charlie to be manager next season, which is not what we need.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #411 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:32:31 »

I personally think that Clem is planning for Charlie to be manager next season, which is not what we need.
The same thought did cross my mind, we turned down a bid from a local side on deadline day for him too I hear. I am not sure if Charlie has a managers brain but he may do, obviously we don't know what sort of a coach or type of leader he is in the dressing room or how good a tactician he is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:35:55 »

RE: 2021/22 - McKirdy scored 4 goals in the last ten league games before the Play-Offs. Two in one game so seven blanks in that time.

It was Payne, Reed and Baudry who were winning the plaudits at that time. Egbo was getting plenty of love but I don't think it was changing our season.

I'm not pleading for Garner's return but let's not accuse fans of revisionism when we're saying McKirdy's form dragged us to the Play-Offs. Even if the whole season was a purple patch for the unmanageable Harry McKirdy then surely Garner can take some of the credit for that too?

Harry showed glimpses of 21/22 at Newport, hopefully we see more against Salford and beyond.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:43:43 »

The same thought did cross my mind, we turned down a bid from a local side on deadline day for him too I hear. I am not sure if Charlie has a managers brain but he may do, obviously we don't know what sort of a coach or type of leader he is in the dressing room or how good a tactician he is.
Exactly, he could turn out to be the best manager we've ever had. I hope he does because I can certainly see it happening. He'd at least be cut a little bit more slack (but probably not much) than other managers would if results went badly...all hypothetical of course...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:46:42 »

I cant see it happening tbh
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:48:33 »

Haven’t we basically left the assistant managers position open for Charlie?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:48:57 »

Not read back yet and the memory a little hazy after a Sunday session, so this may/will be full of inaccuracies.

I thought for 46 minutes we were very good on Saturday and absolutely controlled the game. We got in behind their full backs again and again and only good defending/bad finishing (by Devoy and RHM in particular) kept the score goalless at half time. We started the second half in the same manner and the impressive Glatzel finished beautifully when put through 1 on 1 with their keeper. Unfortunately that was the catalyst for Newport to wake up and equalised less than 10 minutes later. Neat finish by Evans, I guess if you had to be critical Bycroft possibly at fault. Straight away Gunning through on Brewitt and moved FBT to the left and I don't think this worked very well at all and we looked really shaky. We were opened up again and Palmer-Houlden finished well.

Frustratingly we really should have gone away with at least a point, Elbouzedi was causing them all sorts of problems with his pace, one of his deliveries found sub McGurk in the box who did everything right until putting the ball wide of the post. You knew it wasn't going to be our day when HM's run and drive smacked the post.

Overall, clearly losing the game is vitally important but there were good signs, up until we scored, and then towards the end when we looked like we might fight back. Mcarthy was very impressive again, and Elbouzedi is going to cause havoc with his pace. Harry looked a little rusty but was very unlucky not to have scored. I'm not sure Drinan touched the ball in his 15 minutes. I know we give Gunning praise for making changes, but I'm not sure his totally worked on Saturday. Certainly Brewitt didn't and we looked much worse after he came on. Disappointed with Drinan also, You'd hope to use your target man a bit more. Definitely signs we can finish the season strongly, Salford at home I'm confident we'll bounce back. Mcarthy is going to love his battle with Matt Smith!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 10:55:18 »

I hope not.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:14:56 »

Mcarthy is going to love his battle with Matt Smith!
Matt Smith is exactly the type of centre forward we've been crying out for, for....it seems like forever...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #419 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 11:19:20 »

Matt Smith is exactly the type of centre forward we've been crying out for, for....it seems like forever...
Matt Smith and also Harry Smith.

Matt Smith is said to be on £4k a week at Salford though and is earning his money this season with his 20 goals so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: