Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport Chartists vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread  (Read 17734 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:27:09 »

Flammable Ben Titan

christ

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:41:04 »

It's a shame Clayton is not fit, i think half a season playing with McCarthy as part of a 4 is exactly what he needs, and could turn Clayton into the player we need him to be - shame he seems to be made of pasta

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:11:10 »

If we had won yesterday we’d by 4 points off Notts County in 7th. Crazy league - any old shit team could still scrape in.
Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #378 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:20:00 »

If we had won yesterday we’d by 4 points off Notts County in 7th. Crazy league - any old shit team could still scrape in.
Oh it is still wide open at both ends TBH, there are few stand out teams this season, a run of 4 wins in a row and we could well be way up in contention for a play off place, not that I think we will, but it is possible.

All Gav needs to do is find that winning formula on the pitch which TBF we arent that far from finding, despite it looking utterly impossible after the Crewe game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:24:56 »

Oh it is still wide open at both ends TBH, there are few stand out teams this season, a run of 4 wins in a row and we could well be way up in contention for a play off place, not that I think we will, but it is possible.

All Gav needs to do is find that winning formula on the pitch which TBF we arent that far from finding, despite it looking utterly impossible after the Crewe game.

48 points available and I recon we need 40 of them.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:27:13 »

Needs to stop all the multiple substitutions just to keep the newbies happy.

The CB pairing must be FBT & McCarthy - injuries notwithstanding.

The Flying Irishman must start

Subs bench must be more balanced
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:48:07 »

Quote from: Posh Red
We needed a CM option on the bench, so we didn’t need to rearrange the team when Cain went off.

why did Cain go off? I assumed the switch was a tactical change in formation (didn't work) rather than injury/fatigue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 12:17:01 »

They all have a game in hand as well though. If we’d won yesterday we might have had an outside chance but we aren’t going to get a 8 or 9 point swing on 4 or 5 teams in a third of a season.

Other than McCarthy we’ve still got the same problem we’ve had all season, a lack of a central midfield and that’s going to stop us being anywhere near consistent enough to do anything.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 13:20:01 »

48 points available and I recon we need 40 of them.

I reckon anything from 73-77 points will be needed so take the median number of 75 then a minimum of 38 points may be enough although highly unlikely we will get anywhere near that total.

You just gotta keep livin man!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 13:39:41 »

why did Cain go off? I assumed the switch was a tactical change in formation (didn't work) rather than injury/fatigue.

No idea, someone did mention that that it might be injury related (not that he was injured when he went off), but maybe injury prevention. If that was the case and we didn't think he could last the full 90+ then we should have had McEachran, Dworzak or Aguiar on the bench.

I think it's more likely a Mad Gav, lets go for it type sub
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 14:03:22 »

fair enough.

to let Kinsella go without replacement says to me he doesn't see midfield as an issue.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 14:05:58 »

I thought there was a suggestion we had somebody lined up who was better than Kinsella so maybe the deal fell through.

Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #387 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 14:06:50 »

I thought there was a suggestion we had somebody lined up who was better than Kinsella so maybe the deal fell through.
I think you will find that was McGurk.

Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 14:08:18 »

I think you will find that was McGurk.

Maybe or even McKirdy

Peter Venkman
Meh

Let them eat cake

« Reply #389 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 14:11:04 »

Maybe or even McKirdy
I say McGurk as he is a midfielder and not a striker like McKirdy.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: