Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Fans Forum Match Day Thread  (Read 14985 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 22:41:30 »

I am no 'protector ' of the PowerPoint plumber but the yelling geezers  sounded deranged . The mc s did nothing to help an orderly exchange of considered views .

On a totally different theme - best hope any prospective customers don't get their hands on the video.  It really showed why so few companies use the STFC facilities for corporate events.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 22:43:53 »

The bar worked hard to ensure everyone was refreshed
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 22:46:55 »

I was referring to the Amateur feel to the production.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 22:49:47 »

Yes understood. my post was a poor attempt at humour
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, February 1, 2024, 22:58:51 »

As someone who dabbles in filming, it was frustrating to see whoever was operating the camera[s ] was allowing focus to pull out every time the auto focus had set. They weren't locking focus or had seemingly selected to lock focus toward the left corner of the frame. It's basic stuff.

And were the table used for the ''top table''...were they like premium pasting tables or something? I'd have had those tables dressed with red and white material. But when the club logo has been adapted for a presentation by people who aren't [to my knowledge] working in graphic design - then it's hardly surprising.

Also either hire a professional host or at least a professional speaker for the presentation. There was zero energy - many of us have been in a room where some middle management has bumbled on about COSHH with a few Powerpoint slides for a few hours but my god, the STFC hierarchy made 6yr olds ''Summer Project'' look professional  Crying

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 08:22:50 »

The LS pod sounded like Sam M was making his case to be Comms Director at the club. If he wasn’t, he should be. Might be a very good long term signing (and would clearly end up as CEO!)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:01:37 »

I hope not. I respect Sam and his opinion (if not always agree) and his investigative nature. Wouldn't want him to be lobotomised into reporting the corporate line.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:09:20 »

To be fair I think Comms do a great job - they can't control the uncontrollables.
Sam seems a bit obsessed with the comms - I guess because that's what he does.
I'm starting to think that Sam is right that there isn't anything deliberately dodgy about Clem's operatation - they are just somewhat inexperienced/ unqualified at the top.
On reflection - I liked Clem's passion when he got a bit narked - suggests he's in it for the right reasons.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:10:36 »

To be fair I think Comms do a great job - they can't control the uncontrollables.
Sam seems a bit obsessed with the comms - I guess because that's what he does.
I'm starting to think that Sam is right that there isn't anything deliberately dodgy about Clem's operatation - they are just somewhat inexperienced/ unqualified at the top.
On reflection - I liked Clem's passion when he got a bit narked - suggests he's in it for the right reasons.

I still don't understand how you can run a business & not know where the expenditure is going....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:12:35 »

You blag it and hope for the best Cheesy

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:54:48 »

Jeez, I'd hate to think what a bad job looks like.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 09:56:20 »

I think a lot of the time - at the Trust and at the Club - "bad comms" is used to mean "decisions and actions that the best PR in the world couldn't put a coat of gloss on".

It's the old polishing a turd problem.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 10:26:41 »

Gav Gunning. Pure company man. Nothing else. Stayed in clems spare bed.50+ years of supporting Swindon runs through my family, ST for 14 or so consecutive years, fork out hundreds on hundreds going home and away, yet you ask about Karachi and call out 39 days of late payments, mad Gav thinks you don’t have the club’s best interests at heart

I was one of them that made voice heard. About 8/9 of us. Nobody was “pissed” or a “yob” it’s just the chat the clem protectors are pushing.

It’s the fans fault.
Quite insulting to be honest.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 10:39:00 »

It’s the fans fault.
Quite insulting to be honest.

I posted a couple of days ago I don’t think Gunning should have been involved in those sorts of discussions and not sure why he needed to be there as it was obviously going to get heated.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, February 2, 2024, 10:43:12 »

I posted a couple of days ago I don’t think Gunning should have been involved in those sorts of discussions and not sure why he needed to be there as it was obviously going to get heated.

I'm not sure why they didn't stick to the original agenda of having an on the field discussion and an off the field discussion. They probably should have had Clem and co on first to face the music, then had the football side on after.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: