Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TrustSTFC - direction & AGM  (Read 22352 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 12:53:09 »

For me, the statement is a bit to ‘nice’ for my liking but kinda get the point the new board can’t go in all guns blazing at this point. They’ve made it clear what they expect to see from the club going forward and they have offered their help.

Hopefully when the club inevitably do not deliver on any of the set out points and completely refuse any ‘encouragement or support’ from the Trust - then they earn they keep so to speak.

Let’s see what they do after they given the club ‘a chance’ that will be the important bit

This is where I'm at with it. The wording is way to nicey nicey for me but it also reads that they might be trying to trap the club in to certain things if they don't cooperate and act correctly.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 13:43:51 »

I think it is a kind ultimatum of commitments the Trust want the club to meet. That's how I read it. Although I still wince and become triggered at the phrase ''critical friend''

I do hope that the new board of the Trust does indeed become a genuine ''critical friend'' and that they most definitely stop being Press Liaison Officers for the owner{s}

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating of course. I wasn't expecting a gung-ho approach and showing all of their hand with an aggressive attack but it did feel a smidge ''too nice''. As above though, there is a list of expectations laid down by the Trust to the Club, and I want them to hold them to it at the first signs of failing to do so. Then I will be more assured that the Trust is on track in representing the supporters first, before any cosying up to the STFC board goes on {as was evidently the case with some over excited teenagers former Trust board members}

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 14:22:33 »

This is where I'm at with it. The wording is way to nicey nicey for me but it also reads that they might be trying to trap the club in to certain things if they don't cooperate and act correctly.

If it was the ‘old’ board I’d be very much it’s the same old, same old.
…but…as it’s a new board I think they need to go in with the nice approach first before they do in with the loaded gun so to speak.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 15:23:16 »

Supporters expect too much from the trust.  It seems to me there isn't much they can actually do .
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 13:44:46 »

James Phipps on Radio Wiltshire tonight, not sure if it's just a "getting to know the new board" interview or something else.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 18:42:35 »

James Phipps on Radio Wiltshire tonight, not sure if it's just a "getting to know the new board" interview or something else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hkq7s9

Listen from 10mins

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 18:58:51 »

So not new information, just talking about the statement made in the week. What was interesting was that Phipps chose to raise the cashflow in particular as a concern - RobT will be pleased with that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 10:01:38 »

Not sure if anyone on here works in/has dealings with HR departments, but just thinking about it a bit and re-reading the Trust statement... they've basically put the club on a performance improvement plan (PIP) right?

The statement is "here are some things you've done well, here are areas for improvement, here are some targets we'd like to agree" structurally.

Made me smile, but I suppose the problem is... the Trust can't actually sack the club!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:05:05 »

But once they publicly miss those targets or fail to make the improvements, the Trust would have grounds to be publicly critical of the owner, which they currently don't really have...

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:12:40 »

The Swindon Town Supporters Trust Vice Chair has said that he does not believe the club are fully aware of the scale of negative feelings among supporters.

James Phipps, the newly elected Vice Chair of the Trust, was speaking to BBC Radio Wiltshire and said that the new board was hoping to canvas supporter feelings as widely as they could to help bring those concerns to Swindon.

He said: “I have spoken to lots and lots of fans who for the first time in their entire life are looking at not having a season ticket next year and that makes me deeply sad and very frustrated.

“What you are trying to do is make sure that we are bringing all voices because you can sometimes have a very vocal few, but we are there to represent all.

“We need to make sure that every single one of those is heard so that there are sensible conversations and sensible things that we can go back to the club with and say, ‘this is black and white, you are going to get a tough job in renewing season tickets for next year’.

“Let’s put a number on that because we have got enough members now that we can give you a number that is very indicative that it will be tough.

“Whereas I think that the club felt with a few wins, etcetera, it will be ok, and I am not sure they understand in some ways the level of feeling around the fans.

“So, we are there to encompass all of those people and then when we are talking to the club, we are giving them very clear, very concise, and factually led conversations.”

Phipps said that the Trust had to walk the line between being critical and working with the club, but the new board had already made their feelings clear.

He said: “What we are trying to do is things that will help in the medium and long term and to do that you do have to maintain a working relationship with the club.

“What I can tell you is that some of those conversations since the new board have come in have been very direct with the club.

“We are very clear in our statement that there are some red lines we are starting to put in and if they do certain things then we will react to that very publicly and very clearly.”

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:18:00 »

The Swindon Town Supporters Trust Vice Chair has said that he does not believe the club are fully aware of the scale of negative feelings among supporters.

James Phipps, the newly elected Vice Chair of the Trust, was speaking to BBC Radio Wiltshire and said that the new board was hoping to canvas supporter feelings as widely as they could to help bring those concerns to Swindon.

He said: “I have spoken to lots and lots of fans who for the first time in their entire life are looking at not having a season ticket next year and that makes me deeply sad and very frustrated.

“What you are trying to do is make sure that we are bringing all voices because you can sometimes have a very vocal few, but we are there to represent all.

“We need to make sure that every single one of those is heard so that there are sensible conversations and sensible things that we can go back to the club with and say, ‘this is black and white, you are going to get a tough job in renewing season tickets for next year’.

“Let’s put a number on that because we have got enough members now that we can give you a number that is very indicative that it will be tough.

“Whereas I think that the club felt with a few wins, etcetera, it will be ok, and I am not sure they understand in some ways the level of feeling around the fans.

“So, we are there to encompass all of those people and then when we are talking to the club, we are giving them very clear, very concise, and factually led conversations.”

Phipps said that the Trust had to walk the line between being critical and working with the club, but the new board had already made their feelings clear.

He said: “What we are trying to do is things that will help in the medium and long term and to do that you do have to maintain a working relationship with the club.

“What I can tell you is that some of those conversations since the new board have come in have been very direct with the club.

“We are very clear in our statement that there are some red lines we are starting to put in and if they do certain things then we will react to that very publicly and very clearly.”

All sounds very promising from the trust. Proof will be in the pudding because we know it will end up going wrong at some point
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:33:19 »

I think that line about red lines fits neatly with what some have suggested regarding setting expectations/traps. I saw a lot of anger when the statement came out and I get where people are coming from, they're frustrated and they want change now. Personally, I was happy with what was said as long as there is a strong stance when the club fails on any of the key requirements - that's what's been lacking until now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 19:00:03 »

I see Trust member Nick Coote has deleted his twitter account. Definite James Spencer vibes there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 21:04:43 »

I see Trust member Nick Coote has deleted his twitter account. Definite James Spencer vibes there.

Really, probably for the best
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 22:53:40 »

I've not seen anything wrong with his tweets, trying to explain in more detail.  The exchange I saw was around a fan claiming the trust had to fund 50% off all developments, which is wrong but the fan wouldn't have it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: