Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers prematch and matchday  (Read 17813 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 15:02:27 »

He's one of our own etc

I'm looking forward to my comeback on Saturday.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 15:10:45 »

Fickle fucker!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 15:28:58 »

Yorkshire Evening Post

But the midfielder has now ended two and a half years with the Whites by joining Swindon who sit 14th in the League Two table, seven points off the play-offs.

A statement from Leeds United read: "Everyone at Leeds United would like to wish Sean the best of luck at Swindon Town and throughout the rest of his career."
Pretty conclusive I'd say

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 15:55:15 »

The BBC report has now changed with no mention of 'on loan'
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 20:52:28 »

Maybe the reality is his agent has placed him here so he’s in the shop window for a bigger club next season. That’s my pessimistic self talking.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 21:15:23 »

Maybe the reality is his agent has placed him here so he’s in the shop window for a bigger club next season. That’s my pessimistic self talking.

It's probably not too far from the reality.

We pro-actively sent messaging out to agents and clubs that we were very interested in taking over the contracts of players with 6 months or less left on their contracts that were due to be released in the summer.  The player would get the chance to play (vs. their current situation, which for those who would nibble on such bait would be in the reserves somewhere as things stood), the club would get to offload early and the agent would get 6 months to hawk a better deal with actual highlight reals being built.  In some cases we may be the team to take up the option, but it doesn't seem unrealistic that a few of them will be off in the summer, now back to fitness and having shown some worth.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: