Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers prematch and matchday  (Read 17806 times)
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:36:39 »

Think they said all the new signings have an option

No doubt it will be taken up and then sold at the first opportunity!

Keeps playing well and he wont be here long

Thank god! Defo! Has a Peterborough sale written all over it. Even more of a reason to just for for it next season and get out of this shitty league, but under Clem I can't see that happening
normy

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:44:56 »

Enjoyed the match on I Follow, especially the second half. The long diagonal passes tactics, and maintaining possession much better in the second half, was encouraging for the future.

ust be the oldest
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:31:40 »

So, give no fucks
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:53:37 »

So what is it... BBC Sport have McGurk down as 'on loan' after last nights game, whilst the club confirmed he was on a permanent when signed Hmmm
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:53:40 »

I only ever enjoy wins "in isolation" as I don't enjoy losses in the same way. Have never said otherwise. The fact is that many don't and that's up to them. It's a given that even the top teams are not great and I've also never said we are a good side, but anyone who doesn't see in improvement on Flynn's latter days is not really paying attention in my opinion.Don't think I've ever said I don't want Town to do better,so I too agree with the majority of Bamboo's post but as he was quoting my post, I don't think I was wrong in assuming the Clem comment was inferring that I was of that ilk. If I was,apologies.

I concur to a large degree, honest!

Gav's approach is the same as his last two stints, it's a basic for of football, focus on the forwards, get it to them more quickly.  L2 is indeed a League of not great teams, even the ones at the top, so you put your footballing talent near the other teams goal and get it to them.

Results and performances are much better than under Flynn - Flynn could point out he didn't have this many forward players to choose from I guess.

Overall though, which is what some may take from my comments, is that we still do not look like a promotion chasing squad.  I also worry with Gav for the longer term - he, and his approach, seem like it could gradually slide.  There is just something about his style that suggests that if gets bad it could be very bad.  That's an inkling mind.  The other issue, which remains unresolved, is the infrastructure of the club remains fucked.  So Gav getting a few better performances is not underpinned by actions being take on purpose and with the long term in mind.  For every McGurk we happen across, we will get a Devoy still, in fact, more Devoy's than McGurcks.  That is just one example.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:54:55 »

I personally hope that Mansfield, Stockport & Wrexham go just to get rid of them.
Nah, can’t see all three of them getting relegated.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:56:42 »

Sutton and Grimsby will have something to play for. Most of the others, not so much!
Grimsby in a six pointer with the vegans on Saturday

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:57:14 »

So what is it... BBC Sport have McGurk down as 'on loan' after last nights game, whilst the club confirmed he was on a permanent when signed Hmmm

Permy until the end of the season.   Then we sell him back to Leeds for £1 Smiley

We'd be brain dead to announce permy if it wasn't. We were of course under embargo for loan fees, etc.
https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/town-sign-sean-mcgurk/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 12:59:07 »

Grimsby in a six pointer with the vegans on Saturday

Grimsby are in terrible form too, more's the pity.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 13:02:21 »

Nah, can’t see all three of them getting relegated.

They can come back down next season whilst we pass them going the other way😁

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 13:50:56 »

Stockport at the CG were the only side that stood out to me this season.
Same for me but in the away game at the weekend they showed little quality which surprised me. Maybe 1 or 2 players like Hippolyte for instance looked decent quality, even Andy Parson up front was shit.

The league is so so poor this year for consostancy anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 13:52:52 »

Grimsby are in terrible form too, more's the pity.
Yes dont mind Grimsby, decent set of fans in the main and travel in numbers well in recent years too. I will shed no tear if FGR fall out of the league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 14:10:17 »

While RHM was electric last night and had the beating of his man, we know that next game he plays if he is against a defender that is not afraid to put his foot in and man handle him then he will disappear sadly, with that being said he should have had a hat trick last night and was playing in the the right position at time on the shoulder of his man.

Let's hope we can find our best starting XI rather than the constant shuffling.

I hope this can be positive moving forward after a decent win if it is the difference between us wining / drawing the rest of our games so Gav get's the job I would much rather we lose to ensure he does not get it -  I really don't see he is the right person to take us forward and mould us into a team that can actually challenge for promotion.  You just get the feeling Clem is looking for a reason to give him the job.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 14:45:09 »

Thing is, you can’t argue with results. If we pick up another 5 or 6 wins this season it’d be churlish not let him have a go. He should have an assistant though.

Notice be batted away the question about players contracts in his pre match presser.

All irrelevant when Bergkamp takes over!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 14:50:17 »

Yorkshire Evening Post

But the midfielder has now ended two and a half years with the Whites by joining Swindon who sit 14th in the League Two table, seven points off the play-offs.

A statement from Leeds United read: "Everyone at Leeds United would like to wish Sean the best of luck at Swindon Town and throughout the rest of his career."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: