Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers prematch and matchday  (Read 19304 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:59:04 »

Keep hearing Tranmere are poor. Yeah, they are. But so is everybody in this league. They stuck 4 past Stockport recently. Up until last week, I think they were going at automatic promotion form since Adkins took the job full time.

Honestly, if you got aliens to watch all our home games back, and asked them to accurately say where all our opponents would end up in the table, they'd really struggle. Who's actually visited us and looked a step above? they all look crap to me.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:04:15 »

Well that was needed!

Two very poor sides slugging it out in the first half.

We were better in the second.

I thought all the goals were corkers. Tranmeres goal was unstoppable but i lament the piss poor challenge that allowed the forward to chest the ball down in the build up...sums up our defending.

Could and should of had a few more goals.

RHM maybe should of dinked the keeper when one on one as you can see from the highlights he had come out quickly and was way off his line.

Anyway....a win is a win and a shot in the arm for everybody!

Roll on Saturday....up the Football League we go!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:05:06 »

Keep hearing Tranmere are poor. Yeah, they are. But so is everybody in this league. They stuck 4 past Stockport recently. Up until last week, I think they were going at automatic promotion form since Adkins took the job full time.

Honestly, if you got aliens to watch all our home games back, and asked them to accurately say where all our opponents would end up in the table, they'd really struggle. Who's actually visited us and looked a step above? they all look crap to me.
This I agree with totally, Tranmere were shit but so have we been a lot this season and so have every side bar none, Stockport and Wrexham didnt look very good, we beat Mansfield.

Its a very low standard and as we have said often we only need to be a bit better than average to beat these sides.

Thats why this has been a massively frustrating season for me. A little consistancy and we would be in with a play off challenge still, as it stands mid table looks about our consistancy level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:09:12 »

I personally hope that Mansfield, Stockport & Wrexham go just to get rid of them.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:10:15 »

I personally hope that Mansfield, Stockport & Wrexham go just to get rid of them.

Wouldn't mind being rid of MK either, although hoping they get promoted is a bit beyond me. The division should be a bit more free of big spenders next season, assuming Charlton don't come down from L1 - if it's the current four of Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Carlisle and Port Vale then there's little to particularly fear there. Reading a bit of an unknown based on the ownership.

Coming up from the NL will be Chesterfield plus one, who'll be strong but not too bad.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:13:07 »

Wouldn't mind being rid of MK either, although hoping they get promoted is a bit beyond me. The division should be a bit more free of big spenders next season, assuming Charlton don't come down from L1 - if it's the current four of Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Carlisle and Port Vale then there's little to particularly fear there. Reading a bit of an unknown based on the ownership.

Coming up from the NL will be Chesterfield plus one, who'll be strong but not too bad.

The fantasy of mine is to go on some winning run, get into the play offs and smash MK at Wembley...

A dream...

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:25:40 »

No way do Wrexham look good enough to escape this league this season, they have been poor recently too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:33:08 »

Yeah you'd imagine we'd be narrow favourites for every home game here and would probably likely lose every away game (perhaps bar Grimsby). Never seems to work out that way though!

Harrogate H (12th)
Mansfield A (1st)
Accrington H (15th)
Doncaster H (20th)
Walsall A (7th)
Notts Co H (14th)
Sutton A (24th)
Barrow A (6th)
Wimbledon H (13th)
Grimsby A (22nd)
Morecambe H (11th)

I'd fancy us to get something at Walsall and Sutton to be fair

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:46:18 »

I'd fancy us to get something at Walsall and Sutton to be fair
Sutton and Grimsby will have something to play for. Most of the others, not so much!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 10:56:00 »

This I agree with totally, Tranmere were shit but so have we been a lot this season and so have every side bar none, Stockport and Wrexham didnt look very good, we beat Mansfield.

Its a very low standard and as we have said often we only need to be a bit better than average to beat these sides.

Thats why this has been a massively frustrating season for me. A little consistancy and we would be in with a play off challenge still, as it stands mid table looks about our consistancy level.

A bit of nous & game management including the ability to see out games in the last 10 and we’d probably be right up there…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:06:05 »

Stockport at the CG were the only side that stood out to me this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:25:18 »

Son was looking at the form table before last nights game and the majority of the teams we have left are in the bottom half
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:28:10 »

A bit of nous & game management including the ability to see out games in the last 10 and we’d probably be right up there…

I think Bycroft is learning fast, loved the way he went to ground at Stockport every time he collected the ball to slow the game down when needed.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:29:38 »

Anyone know if we have an extension on McGurk's contract which expires in the summer?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 11:31:03 »

Anyone know if we have an extension on McGurk's contract which expires in the summer?

Think they said all the new signings have an option

No doubt it will be taken up and then sold at the first opportunity!

Keeps playing well and he wont be here long
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: