Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town A.F.C. v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 23014 times)
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 11:56:37 »

We also seem to have more than our fair share of permanently injured players. Never known so many players who can only last  one game or so before they break down again.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 13:08:39 »

IMO it wouldnt be too difficult to go 4 at the back 4 of Dokes Minturn Brewitt and FBT and push Hutton and Kokolo into defensive winger roles then take Austin off and put 3 in the centre of midfield with Young up front, or any version of that.

That way both fullbacks should have extra protection from the wingbacks who are wingers and it allows us to be able to defend as a 4 unit at the back and yet the wingbacks/wingers can still get forwards and bolster the attack.

Just how I see it though.

Had similar thoughts last night.

Wouldn’t be against a 4411 next week.

Dokes, Minturn, Brewitt, FBT

Hutton, Khan, Kinsella, Kokolo

Kemp
Young

Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 13:08:47 »

We also seem to have more than our fair share of permanently injured players. Never known so many players who can only last  one game or so before they break down again.

I mentioned this before if you go back 30-40 years there seemed to be less frequent or long term injuries. Maybe the old muddy pitches were better on the bodies!

You just gotta keep livin man!
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 13:32:50 »

Kemp
Young

That works too actually. Hadn't considered Hutton in a midfield 4.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #409 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 13:35:16 »

That works too actually. Hadn't considered Hutton in a midfield 4.

Literally my post a couple of hours ago Smiley

IMO it wouldnt be too difficult to go 4 at the back 4 of Dokes Minturn Brewitt and FBT and push Hutton and Kokolo into defensive winger roles then take Austin off and put 3 in the centre of midfield with Young up front, or any version of that.

That way both fullbacks should have extra protection from the wingbacks who are wingers and it allows us to be able to defend as a 4 unit at the back and yet the wingbacks/wingers can still get forwards and bolster the attack.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 13:43:32 »

Kemp
Young

Completely get playing players in their correct positions, but not sure I fancy minturn and Brewitt as the middle 2 - not that there's any other options really
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 13:45:59 »

Quote from: Bob1978
[No. When you don’t have funds you need to build  longer term aka Newport.

Do you think you get that long these days? Squads seem to be very ethereal, we seem to need rebuilding every 6 months now.

Maybe we can tie a core down. I guess time will tell
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 14:04:26 »

Completely get playing players in their correct positions, but not sure I fancy minturn and Brewitt as the middle 2 - not that there's any other options really

I mean if Clayton is fit & match sharp he’d slot in at CB or if any of our other left sided players (Ward, Uwakwe, Devine) were fit they could go in at LB & you place FBT inside.

Apart from RHM are all our injuries lefties? Clayton, Cain, McEachran, Uwakwe, Ward, Devine, Kanu(?)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 14:10:19 »

We are just a parody of our earlier season selves now.  The grunt and grind of the middle of a league two season has set in, the legs are worn, but we keep trying to be something that quite clearly does not work.  It's tactical suicide.

At least yesterday we reached the stage where we didn't even bother with the charade of Hutton and Kokolo being called wing backs.  Neither of the showed the slightest bit of interest in defending, so we really played with two wingers and three defenders.

The Harrogate commentators thought we were mad.  Pointing out we left nobody back for corners and we'd be ripe for a simple ball counter attack, which happened while they were describing the opportunity.  It's essentially that obvious to teams how to play us - everyone can see it before it happens.  We have made it easy for teams to know what to do when playing us.

I've given Flynn a lot of slack given the squad building issues, but if he continues with this, it will be the ruin of him and us.

We do have 11 or so players good enough to play football at this level, we can still be an attacking team, but we have to be cleverer about how to do it.

We played alright for half the game, and like a school kids team for the other half.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 14:11:08 »

I mean if Clayton is fit & match sharp he’d slot in at CB or if any of our other left sided players (Ward, Uwakwe, Devine) were fit they could go in at LB & you place FBT inside.

Apart from RHM are all our injuries lefties? Clayton, Cain, McEachran, Uwakwe, Ward, Devine, Kanu(?)
Agree on the CB thing, we have no other fit players, and yes I was thinking the same about our "lefties" yesterday and how so many are injured.

Also though we probably have more "lefties" in the team now than I can ever remember, add to the list Young, Kemp, Kokolo, FBT and Kinsella(IIRC) who all use their left as their dominant foot.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 16:10:45 »

Any younger fans thinking times are depressing now take a look at the crowds we were getting back in the early 80’s.

* IMG_0541.jpeg (667.53 KB, 1411x1752 - viewed 215 times.)

normy

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 16:15:33 »

Looks good to me.

ust be the oldest
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 17:14:10 »

Any younger fans thinking times are depressing now take a look at the crowds we were getting back in the early 80’s.

That 1681 at home to Darlo our lowest ever league attendance.
I remember standing in an empty TE that game.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 17:37:23 »

Sky Bet are offering 150/1 for us to get relegated.

Could be worth a fiver.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 17:48:23 »

That 1681 at home to Darlo our lowest ever league attendance.
I remember standing in an empty TE that game.

Went to most games that season really depressing times.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: