Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20011 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 20:50:37 »

Some good play in 2nd half.
But need an experienced CB and CF.
This type of result will happen against good teams in this league all season.
Shame but true.
Just hope Flynn can stay strong.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 20:58:18 »

Flynn:
- Threw it away in the first half
- Cant go 3-0 to a good team without them doing much
- Switched off and gave away a stupid penalty
- Theirs was a penalty, but RHM should have had one
- Too many gaps. Gave them too much respect.
- Knew they were a good team and would try to bounce back
- Excellent second half
- Disappointed we lost the game.
- Lots of positives to take to next game
- Impetus was with us. Might have been different if FBT had scored
- There was a 10 min period where we had impetus
- Young was ill for last week or so and can't play vs Bradford. So decided to start with RHM
- Knew we would only get part of a game from Austin tonight.
- Cant afford injuries
- Cain awaiting a scan. Felt something in his foot. Couldnt put weight on it today
- Squad size: Wont be different to a lot of clubs. Change in weather ends up in more illnesses.
- Flynn feeling under the weather too.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 05:37:10 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:03:22 »

Flynn being diplomatic in public but the squad depth absolutely is worse than most clubs and certainly than any that would want to compete
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:04:20 »

We all know the gaps in the squad, Flynn will do more than anyone. It’s now whether he will be backed to fill those gaps. Will be a good test of Clem now. Potentially we are hoping to get through to January with what we have and save budget to secure one/both of Young/Kemp permanently but whilst that would be amazing, there will still be damaging gaps even if that does happen and the squad doesn’t have the room to move players on to free up budget (Adeloye, Aguiar aside).

Without trying to go back into the Young/Kemp loan discussion, I’d be worried about replacing them if they do depart as we won’t be receiving anything bar the loan fee in return for them being recalled and finding quality matching those two won’t be cheap, much more difficult if it’s restricted to loans.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:22:56 »

Fully agree with the last two postings...
Its going to be a big decision for Morfuni to make.
Invest for additional playing staff and hopefully keep Team manager and supporters happy.
Not to invest and possibly lose a good backbone of a team including manager. and the faith given by supporters.

I say manager for no other reason, than if Bradford or other clubs with more money and ambition made a silly offer to Flynn to move ... well, just possibly.
At the moment I would say it would be so very difficult to recover from this possibility. Suicide

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:25:15 »

You have to respect Flynn for towing the party line on squad depth, as opposed to the Morris approach of complaining at every opportunity. Better second half and some positivity for Saturday. Bar Uwakwe’s clanger and FBT’s miss, that could have been very different. Notts County looked very good though, credit to Williams - who had done his homework and nullified Kemp in the first half. Williams will get a good move soon (no disrespect to Notts County either, who are a good club) - but he’s young and will go far I’m sure.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:28:48 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:28:54 »

- Young was ill for last week or so

Another casualty of the come dine with me lasagna

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 21:42:27 »

Just didn't have the luck today from the penalty call at 0-0 to the missed chances at 3-1 things just didn't go our way. Having said that, Notts County were absolutely dominant in that first half and we're probably able to take that second half a bit easier.

That tackle from Langstaff right at the end of the game on Hutton was a nasty and unnecessary one
Another definite yellow.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 22:03:11 »

Notts County were the better side in the first half and were deservedly ahead at the break, but the 5 mins of madness that saw them go 3 up ultimately proved just too much.

We at least made a game of it in the second half, and had FBT’s header gone in then who knows we may have got something out of the game.

Nice to be home by 11
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 22:24:31 »

This post might seem a bit hindsighty but I felt Flynn got that wrong.

We know Notts County are a good side & we know we have issues defending.
I would have personally either gone 352 but sacrificed Kemps attacking play to have Kinsella (…or Cain if he was fit?) in the midfield to be a bit more robust or gone 3511 with one striker and Kemp sat behind.

Although if the logic was ‘attack is the best form of defence’ then I can see why we didn’t change it but lesser sides have punished us - so was fairly obvious Notts County would.

LWB appears to be a problem. We played 4 different players there and none of them have really made the shirt their own. Geneisni looked good away at FGR & Shades cameos have been ok. I’m not sure what our best option is.

It’s been mentioned when Clayton is fit putting him in at LCB and moving FBT to LWB. Originally against this as I don’t think Clayton offers the same skill set particularly carrying the ball forward as FBT does - but maybe that’s ok. Maybe that slightly more defensive approach Clayton would bring is what we need.

Whilst we were better in the second half I expect a lot of that was County sitting back at 3-0. However, I must admit I was disappointed we didn’t see a change of shape / formation for the second half because play a will not always work….

We were definitely beaten by the better side tonight but felt we could have been a bit more pragmatic about it.

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 23:09:25 »

Very disappointing but I had a feeling the unbeaten run would come to an end. It always would (apart from the Arsenal invincibles). Notts County a good side. I felt the ref team didn’t help us. Looked to be a pen for us at 0-0. Uwakwe gave a pen away; looking at it, that looks soft, was it his upper body or lower body which gives away the pen? Second half we were much better. If that FBT header went in that would have made a very interesting end to proceedings. This won’t make or break our season.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 06:25:40 »

Notts head and shoulders above anyone else weve played this season. Second half performance rescued a bit of pride, but we just need to be far more clinical. FBT header goes in and I think the momentum would of been with us to actually rescue something from the game.
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 06:41:20 »

Notts head and shoulders above anyone else weve played this season. Second half performance rescued a bit of pride, but we just need to be far more clinical. FBT header goes in and I think the momentum would of been with us to actually rescue something from the game.
Gloucester Reds

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 06:59:50 »

Dust has settled on a disappointing evening football and result wise.
Drank in the Trent Aviation close to the ground before the game and the atmosphere was good and the County fans a good bunch - proper fans, proper ground, proper football club (take note plastic dons and vegan rovers)!!!
To the game - Mahoney outstanding, Brewitt rock solid, Hutton very good and his link with Dokes gets stronger game on game.
Kemp worked his nuts off despite being double marked throughout. Charlie lot of work off the ball probably missed by the morons sat next to us. FBT especially first half struggled but because he had same as last Saturday and the same as at Morecambe nothing in front of him. Uwakwe has to come out if the team - producing next to nothing as quickly picked last night as the weak link - ridiculous challenge for the penalty and not within 20 yards of his man for the third.
Genisini played well at FGR but not a sniff since - like to know why. McCheachran looked off the pace/unfit. Khan controlled midfield for parts but first half first thought to slow game down and move ball sideways, second half charging forward looked classy. RHM - start of the season looked the business, last night back to headless chicken, greedy with the ball and thank goodness Drysdale had a stinker refereeing as he could have got red for his continual talking back to him. Also think the kit men need to look at his boots unless he’s borrowed Jonny Williams as he spends so much time on his backside on the floor….
Officiating dreadful- no complaints we lost but nailed on penalty Saturday not given and same last night. Linesman our side must of had his wife, husband or family members sat opposite because every time we got in their half he waved away merrily- shame his eyesight was so poor he couldn’t see the penalty early on !!!!
Notts County - sly with leaving foot in on tackles and yet when we got near them were on the floor continually…. Every decision was questioned and in Drysdales ear - can’t blame them - they picked up weak officiating and played to it.
Put this one to bed, learn from it and roll on to Bradford - COYR
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:08:58 »

Talking of misses mind, County had one in the first half which on my head was one of the worst misses I've ever seen from 2 yards out into the centre of the open goal. Think it was Crowley? Will need to see on the highlights if it was harder than I remember.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: