Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20019 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:30:44 »

If some are calling for an experienced striker, then what is Austin? Don't think you can get more experienced. Scoring goals isn't the issue.

We made mistakes which cost us 2 out of the 3 goals. Second naivity. Third not picking the players up and their runs.

When we commit defenders like we do, then there is always a risk of them being out of position.

I for one, did not expect us to be where we are in the league having lost only one game.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:45:17 »

Not sure we can blame Uwakwe for not marking the central midfielder who runs straight past McEachran to score the thirds…
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:50:17 »

Two decent teams last night but we gifted goals.
Second half credit Swindon for giving it a go. If the FBT header goes in would have been an interesting end to the game.

Uwakwe had a torrid time.

What a shite journey home mind with constant road closures.
Knackered today.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:50:20 »

Just watched it again.
Maybe running past McEachran is a bit harsh. He is the Notts CM and he is ahead of McEachn but no one tracks him.
FBT goes inside but no one drops
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:53:07 »

Just watched it again.
Maybe running past McEachran is a bit harsh. He is the Notts CM and he is ahead of McEachn but no one tracks him.
FBT goes inside but no one drops

FBT is in the middle defensive position covering for Brewitt who has gone out to the right, who is covering for UGM/Hutton who have both bombed forward and are coming back but are both still out of position as the cross comes in, I think. A defensive coach would probably know better though. It's one of those caught in transition issues I think.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:53:15 »

Not sure we can blame Uwakwe for not marking the central midfielder who runs straight past McEachran to score the thirds…

I wouldn't blame Uwakwe for the third but I wouldn't blame McEachran either. FBT should have been picking the scorer up I would have thought. Back three were all over the place for that one.

The second goal though, Uwakwe had two chances to head the ball away and then dragged their player down. Awful defending.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:54:22 »

FBT is in the middle defensive position covering for Brewitt who has gone out to the right, who is covering for UGM who has bombed forward and is coming back but is still out of position as the cross comes in, I think. A defensive coach would probably know better though. It's one of those caught in transition issues I think.

Which I’ve said before is part of our issues - we don’t have a CM who can / will drop into CB.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:55:30 »

Which I’ve said before is part of our issues - we don’t have a CM who can / will drop into CB.

McEachran has been doing that the last month or so, but I agree he's not the ideal profile of CM to do that.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:56:57 »

Khan does, and did for that goal. The cross went over his head though.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 07:59:59 »

I thought Kinsella did well when he was on, broke the play up well and provided good cover. May be one to consider in future weeks.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 08:00:04 »

Not our night, Notts a cut above, a very very good side imo. Pathetic first half. Uwakwe absolutely awful - that left side is gonna be a problem - Flynn missed out on that Denver Hume on deadline day so it’s obviously a position he knows needs addressing. Will say it every week- need a defensive mid to cover the back line. Second half much better, FBT misses an absolute sitter - scores that and who knows. Proper club and proper ground, 817 is unreal from us on a Tuesday. Roll on another 8 hour round trip on Saturday  Too Cool
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 08:05:58 »

Khan does, and did for that goal. The cross went over his head though.
Not the same player and certainly more "go forward" about him but I see a bit of Granty emerging in him. Khan is now covering back more and also showing that he can stay disciplined and competitive, even in the face of provocation.  Credit to him and perhaps also to Flynn/Hatswell?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 08:07:24 »

I hoped RHM would have a bit of a better night than he did. Another chance on Saturday though. Hopefully the minutes from last night helped, if not he’s in danger of falling into the “better as an impact sub” category.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 08:12:35 »

RHM's  relative selfishness has certainly looked more helpful later on when the game opens up and he is given more space into which to run.  Looks a tad below when it comes to holding on to the ball under pressure or bringing others into play.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 08:43:45 »

First away day of the season for me. First half to forget as they targeted Uwakwe/left side and it worked. Second half Town came out fighting and credit to them, created plenty of chances with FBT as close as they come. Superb reaction stops from Mahoney, the best of them from an offside effort. Bostock ran the midfield. Lovely set-up/ground and the the reverse fixture on Good Friday should be a cracker.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: