Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crawley pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 20718 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 13:01:04 »

Hello again, Mooneyraker.

I actually stated that Brewitt is dragged towards the player because Lolos would have been through otherwise.

For all previous conversations I'll raise my hand and say that I was quite harsh on him (a previous message said it was mostly a bit) but I think this this post is more about your love for Brewitt as our CB than my disdain for him.

None of this will matter once Ryan Edwards or whoever signs this week

Hello again!

I just found it funny that he was the only 'offender' named in relation to that chance when, as broken down, there are many more egregious errors earlier in the phase but the fact they are committed by Dokes/McEachran etc mean they go unmentioned. It was a collective horror show yet Brewitt gets the spotlight.

I think he's a good solid squad player who has really stepped up this year. I don't think he is prime Greer.

I'm more interested in the psychology of why certain players become scapegoats and some move beyond reproach. With Brewitt it seems almost tribal, verging on the culture wars as someone alluded to on here before! Like your manager Germanic, in a roll neck and wearing expensive trainers? If so, Brewitt is a 'limited' semi-neanderthal. More of a traditionalist? Then he's a blood and guts defender of the old school.

I'm genuinely curious to see how anyone does in that role. We are playing 1-5-4 most of the time. I think Van Dijk gets caught out in our system!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 13:25:52 »

I think Brewitt is fine when his sole job is to man mark a centre forward and doesn’t need to think too much about his defending. He benefits a lot from playing in a back three, it makes his job fairly straightforward

I don’t think I’ve seen much from him to suggest he has any real positioning or awareness, and think that a clever side could expose him quite easily. But then I’d also put Blake-Tracey in the same bucket (FBT is better with the ball though). And like I say, playing in a three helps cover up those deficiencies

Things get better but they never get good
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 14:48:19 »

I'm with Moonraker on this. I really enjoy the LS podcasts and think they are by far the best of the many fan based content providers and of course opinions on players will always vary because they are simply that, opinions. However the criticism of Brewitt (and Khan to some extent) has imo been undeserved, whilst the likes of Johnny Williams always appeared to get an easy ride in comparison, where maybe his Welsh associations (in a man of Kent way) helped! Also the refusal to criticise Huttons defending on a recent podcast did seem somewhat strange.

One thing for sure is that in keeping with other members of the squad Flynn has elevated the performance levels of both Brewitt and Khan, plus in Kemp we have a player that offers 5x what Williams ever did and he doesn't role around on the floor every time he is tackled.

As I said though it's all about opinions.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 15:05:37 »

I'm with Moonraker on this. I really enjoy the LS podcasts and think they are by far the best of the many fan based content providers and of course opinions on players will always vary because they are simply that, opinions. However the criticism of Brewitt (and Khan to some extent) has imo been undeserved, whilst the likes of Johnny Williams always appeared to get an easy ride in comparison, where maybe his Welsh associations (in a man of Kent way) helped! Also the refusal to criticise Huttons defending on a recent podcast did seem somewhat strange.

One thing for sure is that in keeping with other members of the squad Flynn has elevated the performance levels of both Brewitt and Khan, plus in Kemp we have a player that offers 5x what Williams ever did and he doesn't role around on the floor every time he is tackled.

As I said though it's all about opinions.

Can't argue with that and I'm not trying to influence or besmirch.

Easiest solution I can do during my prep is ensure that we are even with discussions on the performances.

For example, I don't think we gave Young enough praise for scoring four goals post-Crawley.

The feedback is appreciated (Mooneyraker included). I don't want to try to please everyone but I think I can try and get us to show our working more. So you might not agree but you can see where we are coming from.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 15:07:58 by Costanza » Logged
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 15:09:22 »

I think it was Terry who said on the LS that we need to stop even discussing Hutton's lack of defending as it's a complete given now that it's a huge weak point in his game. If he was a decent defender also, he'd be in the championship by now. We just have to enjoy this attacking ability. I also lost count of the times Williams was mocked for how much time he spends on the floor when being talked out on the pod.

I get the Brewitt thing but only because it's been discussed countless times how Dan Hunt rates him and the others not so much. So many on here share the opinion that we need a centre back and you can't tell me that it's FBT or UGM that is going to make way with this magical CB most of us crave.

I like Brewitt and he'll be a large part of our squad this year, but with Clayton out till at least end of October, we could do with another body unless Minturn is the plan to step up and FBT comes into the middle which is what Flynn started with in preseason.

Dokes did have a mare the first 15.

Bogus Dave sums up Brewitt quite nicely.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 15:31:13 »

I think it was Terry who said on the LS that we need to stop even discussing Hutton's lack of defending as it's a complete given now that it's a huge weak point in his game. If he was a decent defender also, he'd be in the championship by now. We just have to enjoy this attacking ability. I also lost count of the times Williams was mocked for how much time he spends on the floor when being talked out on the pod.

I get the Brewitt thing but only because it's been discussed countless times how Dan Hunt rates him and the others not so much. So many on here share the opinion that we need a centre back and you can't tell me that it's FBT or UGM that is going to make way with this magical CB most of us crave.

I like Brewitt and he'll be a large part of our squad this year, but with Clayton out till at least end of October, we could do with another body unless Minturn is the plan to step up and FBT comes into the middle which is what Flynn started with in preseason.

Dokes did have a mare the first 15.

Bogus Dave sums up Brewitt quite nicely.

Don’t listen to them consistently but this would have been valid criticism. Was absolutely infuriating
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 18:05:40 »

Can't argue with that and I'm not trying to influence or besmirch.

Easiest solution I can do during my prep is ensure that we are even with discussions on the performances.

For example, I don't think we gave Young enough praise for scoring four goals post-Crawley.

The feedback is appreciated (Mooneyraker included). I don't want to try to please everyone but I think I can try and get us to show our working more. So you might not agree but you can see where we are coming from.

As I've said before, my main feedback is that I massively appreciate and enjoy the Pod. I really think you do a great job and ironically think that being excommunicated (in a sense) by the club has been the best thing for it.

We are very lucky as fans to have such a well put together twice weekly (at least) podcast to enjoy. It provokes thought and opinions and I'm sure that is the point. I take mild umbrage with the Brewitt myopia, that's all!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 18:19:51 »

As I've said before, my main feedback is that I massively appreciate and enjoy the Pod. I really think you do a great job and ironically think that being excommunicated (in a sense) by the club has been the best thing for it.

We are very lucky as fans to have such a well put together twice weekly (at least) podcast to enjoy. It provokes thought and opinions and I'm sure that is the point. I take mild umbrage with the Brewitt myopia, that's all!
Started listening to LSPOD recently; really enjoy it. I think it offers an unapologetic set of of opinions (while also justifying said opinions) with some sound analysis and speculation. Football is awash with opinions and you will never please everyone. I don’t agree with everything on LSPOD but enjoy it all the same. May I ask where the name of the pod comes from? Keep up the good work guys!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 18:34:54 »

Started listening to LSPOD recently; really enjoy it. I think it offers an unapologetic set of of opinions (while also justifying said opinions) with some sound analysis and speculation. Football is awash with opinions and you will never please everyone. I don’t agree with everything on LSPOD but enjoy it all the same. May I ask where the name of the pod comes from? Keep up the good work guys!

Nick Hornby, big Arsenal fan.
In his book Fever Pitch, described Swindon fans as loathed strangers.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 18:40:56 »

Nick Hornby, big Arsenal fan.
In his book Fever Pitch, described Swindon fans as loathed strangers.

Thanks Bob, you could have just texted me though  Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: