Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crawley pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 20711 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 09:10:48 »

I think it must be a wind up now but the LSPOD Brewitt targeting continues.

He's the only player they pick out as being at fault for their big early chance.

Not Uwakwe, adding zero value defensively with a pathetic half leg out, not FBT, weak in the tackle and then doesn't get back quickly, not Khan, also weak in the tackle and then ghosted past by their midfielder, not McEachran, who gets absolutely done by a vague shimmy, not Dokes, who charges off like a FIFA player with a glitch, but poor old perennial last man Brewitt, who has seen his team mates part like the Red Sea in front of him and has been left between a rock and a hard place. Their runner with the ball has taken five of our players out of the game... five!

I love the pod and they can say whatever they like (they are doing The Good Lord's work on the ownership front for certain), so making this point out of continued wry amusement rather than anything else, but it does seem that some chosen players will never fall under spotlight (FBT/McEachran for example) whilst Brewitt, who to my eyes and most people's on here was very good on Saturday, seems to have a target on his back.

Dokes, for example, was shocking in the opening stages but not a mention for one of the new golden boys.

I really don't get why some people are still filing Brewitt in the David Duke drawer, especially as many can see that this system leaves him holding the baby most of the time. It will be interesting to see what happens when one of the darlings, FBT for example, has to slot in there.

I guess I'm just interested that people can see games/players so differently but that's football!
I don't listen to the LSPOD at all but Brewitt should not be solely blamed at all, he was excellent again on Saturday, as you state all our defenders made mistakes early on bar probably the ultra reliable FBT.

Although I dont fully agree with your comments about some of the players in the main I get what you are saying 100%.

I often speak to a couple of other TEF'ers post game and we often see the game differently, it is weird how we all look for different things in players. It doesn't mean we are wrong or that we are right its just how we see players.

Often as well you get a different view of a game when you are actually there compared to on iFollow, you see things off camera etc and player runs etc.

FWIW Brewitt for me has been probably our most consistant player so far this season, followed by FBT, Khan and Mahoney.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 09:21:09 »

I don't listen to the LSPOD at all but Brewitt should not be solely blamed at all, he was excellent again on Saturday, as you state all our defenders made mistakes early on bar probably the ultra reliable FBT.

Although I dont fully agree with your comments about some of the players in the main I get what you are saying 100%.

I often speak to a couple of other TEF'ers post game and we often see the game differently, it is weird how we all look for different things in players. It doesn't mean we are wrong or that we are right its just how we see players.

Often as well you get a different view of a game when you are actually there compared to on iFollow, you see things off camera etc and player runs etc.

FWIW Brewitt for me has been probably our most consistant player so far this season, followed by FBT, Khan and Mahoney.

Yes, sorry, those comments very specifically relate to that phase of football where they carved us open, rather than the game in general.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 09:26:05 »

Yes, sorry, those comments very specifically relate to that phase of football where they carved us open, rather than the game in general.
No need to apologise as you stated football is about opinons, we need not agree on everything but we should never poo-poo others opinions just because they disagree with us.

Thats football and we all love and hate it at times!

I love to hear others opinions about games and not just our own fans I like to read what other teams fans say about us/our players.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 09:30:15 »

I missed the first 25 minutes but have now watched the extended highlights and it looked like we started the game really slowly. That chance that Orsi squandered, would have totally changed the game. Great run by Lolos as well. I've actually read back for once so won't add a lot of what happened on Saturday, scoring 6 without reply (albeit against a Crawley side that folded harder than an Origami class) at home, where entertainment and wins like that had been hard to come by was mightily impressive.

Whilst of course Saturday was tremendous, I do think about future games with caution. (very much what Flynn is NOT doing at the moment) At times we were cavalier verging on Kamikaze. Uwakwe suddenly ended up in a Center Forward position, FBT was constantly marching forwards which got the spidey senses asking - well who is covering for these guys if we lose the ball - the answer was often nobody and a better side, or even one with Dominic Telford in, would have taken advantage. I suspect/hope that Flynn is not going to play that way against say a Mansfield or Stockport who have the players that will punish us in those situations. it is refreshing though to see us going at a weaker opponent. In previous seasons at the CG we have struggled with teams we really should be winning against, and handsomely.

Now August is more or less done, opponents are going to now have an idea of how they can hurt us and Flynn I think is going to have to try and adopt a slightly more conservative approach. Thank goodness all our defenders are comfortable on the ball, they play a huge part in how we play tactically. I love how fluid we are, and in time we'll get more organised and players will be able to cover when Uwakwe goes wandering up front, or a marauding FBT run is halted and he's miles out of position. I'm guessing this is where someone like Kinsella comes into his own, his reading of the play and defensive work is likely to be key.

Oh I almost forgot, another 4 goal haul, like London buses now Harry, Charlie and Young have them in the last 2 seasons.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 09:52:49 »

One other thing I only picked up on watching the highlights.

When they had that chance where Mahoney was way out of his area, I reckon he got fingertips to their attempted shot. Seen by the ref he would have walked. If you look at Mahoney’s reaction he is clearly remonstrating to the ref he was inside his area - he wasn’t.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 09:59:05 »

When they had that chance where Mahoney was way out of his area, I reckon he got fingertips to their attempted shot. Seen by the ref he would have walked. If you look at Mahoney’s reaction he is clearly remonstrating to the ref he was inside his area - he wasn’t.

I'm in 2 minds. Surely if he had got a touch on Campbell's shot, their striker would have been jumping up and down that his 'goalbound' strike had been illegally put around the post by a keeper outside of his box. Instead he sat on the floor knowing he had made a real mess of a golden opportunity.

With that said, Mahoney's reaction definitely suggested he got a fingertip to it. As you say, he was remonstrating about where on the pitch he was rather than suggesting he never touched it. We possibly got away with one there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 10:35:08 »

One of the Vlogger's got a video of it from behind the goal and it looked like he got a touch to me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 10:52:09 »

I'm in 2 minds. Surely if he had got a touch on Campbell's shot, their striker would have been jumping up and down that his 'goalbound' strike had been illegally put around the post by a keeper outside of his box. Instead he sat on the floor knowing he had made a real mess of a golden opportunity.

With that said, Mahoney's reaction definitely suggested he got a fingertip to it. As you say, he was remonstrating about where on the pitch he was rather than suggesting he never touched it. We possibly got away with one there.
Tbh, nobody noticed in real time. Only with the benefit of highlights you can see the ball deviate slightly as it goes past Mahoney’s dive. He knew for sure he touched it - hence the remonstration. Maybe a bit of karma for Wrexham.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 10:52:55 »

One of the Vlogger's got a video of it from behind the goal and it looked like he got a touch to me.

He wouldn't have been making a fuss like he was if he didn't, he would just have been making a fuss saying that he didn't touch it!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 10:59:37 »

It looked like he got a touch on my live view on iFollow.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 11:25:08 »

I think it must be a wind up now but the LSPOD Brewitt targeting continues.

He's the only player they pick out as being at fault for their big early chance.

Not Uwakwe, adding zero value defensively with a pathetic half leg out, not FBT, weak in the tackle and then doesn't get back quickly, not Khan, also weak in the tackle and then ghosted past by their midfielder, not McEachran, who gets absolutely done by a vague shimmy, not Dokes, who charges off like a FIFA player with a glitch, but poor old perennial last man Brewitt, who has seen his team mates part like the Red Sea in front of him and has been left between a rock and a hard place. Their runner with the ball has taken five of our players out of the game... five!

I love the pod and they can say whatever they like (they are doing The Good Lord's work on the ownership front for certain), so making this point out of continued wry amusement rather than anything else, but it does seem that some chosen players will never fall under spotlight (FBT/McEachran for example) whilst Brewitt, who to my eyes and most people's on here was very good on Saturday, seems to have a target on his back.

Dokes, for example, was shocking in the opening stages but not a mention for one of the new golden boys.

I really don't get why some people are still filing Brewitt in the David Duke drawer, especially as many can see that this system leaves him holding the baby most of the time. It will be interesting to see what happens when one of the darlings, FBT for example, has to slot in there.

I guess I'm just interested that people can see games/players so differently but that's football!

Hello again, Mooneyraker.

I actually stated that Brewitt is dragged towards the player because Lolos would have been through otherwise.

For all previous conversations I'll raise my hand and say that I was quite harsh on him (a previous message said it was mostly a bit) but I think this this post is more about your love for Brewitt as our CB than my disdain for him.

None of this will matter once Ryan Edwards or whoever signs this week
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 11:45:26 »

FWIW as Ryan Edwards is a free agent, we don't have to conclude any deal for him this week as you can sign them outside the transfer window. 

Peter Venkman

« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 11:51:08 »

FWIW as Ryan Edwards is a free agent, we don't have to conclude any deal for him this week as you can sign them outside the transfer window. 
This is indeed true. If he doesn't sign before the deadline then he has until March 22nd (IIRC for restricted transfers ie unnattached players) to sign if he doesnt have a club lined up during the window.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 12:15:44 »

This is indeed true. If he doesn't sign before the deadline then he has until March 22nd (IIRC for restricted transfers ie unnattached players) to sign if he doesnt have a club lined up during the window.

How long is it likely to take for him to be match fit is what you have to ask. Unless he's been training with a club - we've not had any training videos for a while have we? 

Peter Venkman

« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 12:20:21 »

How long is it likely to take for him to be match fit is what you have to ask. Unless he's been training with a club - we've not had any training videos for a while have we?  
Some of that will depend upon his own natural fitness levels, I am sure hes been training in rediness for a move just not having the intensity of game time so far, could be 6 or 7 games before hes near a suitable fitness level I would guess.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: