Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrexham v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 27110 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 18:17:24 »

Should be a decent atmosphere tomorrow at least.

Take a point.
Looking forward to it and momentarily forgetting about the off field bollocks.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 20:04:23 »

Should be a decent atmosphere tomorrow at least.

Take a point.
Looking forward to it and momentarily forgetting about the off field bollocks.
It'll certainly make a welcome change from visiting the likes of Harrogate, Salford and FGR.
DMC

« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 20:37:41 »

Got a ticket got a lift and really looking forward to this. When the shit off the pitch happens it really reminds me just how much i love the actual 90 mins.

Fancy a statement win tomorrow
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 05:59:37 »

4/1 to win, that's worth a punt as Charlie is overdue a couple of goals

3-2 Swindon
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 07:55:58 »

Oppo fans do spout some bollocks on their forum

‘ Just survived a scare this week having to find several
Million pounds to avoid getting into financial difficulties.
I had a coffee with their owner Clem Morfuni yesterday and can assure you he respects and loves what Wrexham are doing. He lives here in Sydney.
Not sure about the fans but I respect what he is doing to ensure the club survive
Have a bet with him on the result of just one dollar :-)’

I’m sure if had coffee with Clem he’d have known this ‘scare’ didn’t happen this week.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 08:01:12 »

3-1 wrexham first league loss of the season .
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 08:08:19 »

Safe travels to everyone going today.

Very jealous!

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 08:21:14 »

I'm not going to lie. I don't like Wrexham.

It's nothing against their 4-5k loyal core of fans who've stuck with them through the bad times. Fair play to them and they deserve some success.

It's more the 'brand' that's been created as a consequence of Reynolds. People from America claiming they now 'support' Wrexham? please fuck off. You don't support Wrexham at all. You're following them because it's convenient and trendy. If those owners were to leave and Wrexham fall away, they'd quickly find something else to become interested in. That's not football. A part of me does wonder if it even gets on the tits of some of the Wrexham fans.

The documentaries. Paul Mullin. The long throws. Ben Fosters go-pro and his stupid Youtube videos. The unbearable Ollie Palmer and the constant media attention. You wouldn't think there's 23 other teams in this league sometimes.

3-1 Town.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 08:32:20 »

I'm not going to lie. I don't like Wrexham.

It's nothing against their 4-5k loyal core of fans who've stuck with them through the bad times. Fair play to them and they deserve some success.

It's more the 'brand' that's been created as a consequence of Reynolds. People from America claiming they now 'support' Wrexham? please fuck off. You don't support Wrexham at all. You're following them because it's convenient and trendy. If those owners were to leave and Wrexham fall away, they'd quickly find something else to become interested in. That's not football. A part of me does wonder if it even gets on the tits of some of the Wrexham fans.

The documentaries. Paul Mullin. The long throws. Ben Fosters go-pro and his stupid Youtube videos. The unbearable Ollie Palmer and the constant media attention. You wouldn't think there's 23 other teams in this league sometimes.

3-1 Town.

100% this except the score line. As much as I'd like it, I can't see it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 09:47:04 »

Safe travels to everyone going today.

Very jealous!
Agree, safe travels, but actually going to Wrexham, I would rather have a fucking root canal, horrible little town and horrible set of fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 10:05:14 »

100% this except the score line. As much as I'd like it, I can't see it.

To fans of a certain vintage supporting a club is very different to what it has become now.  Brand is the word.  Not club.  Its like being into nike trainers.  Its horrible but its the modern world.  I spent a week at the ground doing the Kings of Leon shows in May.  I had to be paid very well to spend a week in Wrexham.

Anyway Disney Franchise 1, Swindon town football Club 1.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 10:11:11 »

I had to be paid very well to spend a week in Wrexham.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 10:43:45 »

Pre match iechyd da! in The Elihu Yale.

First the train was running, then it wasn't, then it was.
Thank you RMT / Crosscountry, for nothing.
Change of destination after Brum, pile out at Shrewsbury if not wanting to end up in Aberystwyth. Who does?
The 2 coach trundler should be good fun on the way back south.
There was a time when the train timetable wouldn't allow for getting back from Wrexham on the same day.
Still, main thing is an hour of valuable drinking time hasn't been lost.

First visit here for me since 1995 & the 4-3 loss.
No recollection at all that our last visit here in 2009 was a 1-0 win in the FA Cup.
The Paul Evans strike in 2006 is always worth a view.

Not that bothered that Wrexham are part owned by a former Canuck with an eye for business opportunities.
As ever it's 11 v 11 and our opponents are not super heroes.

Starting to see an NBA & NFL presence in club ownership over here.
We can but hope that the Five Families might one day take an interest in an up & coming Soccerball enterprise.
Pay creditors, no problem, just make them an offer that they can't refuse.
Uppity fans. Fine. Leave a surprise at the end of bed during the night.
Just don't upset HMRC & nothing would stop us.

I think that we've done ok in 3 sided grounds in recent times?
Was encouraged on Tuesday that even when struggling in the first half chances were still being created
Would happily take a draw, but still hoping that any STFC related mass hysteria today is confined to the away end.
Limbs eh!? We'll see.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 10:47:40 »

Seeing as it's been mentioned a few times... that Paul Evans free kick in full if blurry glory (from 15s)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, August 19, 2023, 10:57:42 »

It was an absolute cracker of a free kick and he certainly meant it seeing the keeper off his line.

Kemp to bag one similar over Ben Fosters head would be great today.

Last time I went there we won 1-0 under Macari on the way to winning the championship in Div 4 in front of 1,767 with about 500 of them being Town fans. A win like that would be just the tonic against these affluent upstarts.

In the 36 meetings between the clubs Topwn have the slight edge as we have won 15, drawn 7 and lost 14 scoring 55 and conceding 52, thats 32 league meetings, 1 FA cup game and 3 league cup games.

In games at the Racehorse Ground Wrexham have the lead with Town only winning 5, drawing 4 and losing 10 times.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: