Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another non transfer rumours with maybe a rumour  (Read 5822 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 21:52:41 »

Just get someone down to beaversbrook tomorrow and let's get to the bottom of this.
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 21:59:28 »

Surely captain and Vice will be Austin and FBT, just depends which way around he goes for.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:07:53 »

Surely captain and Vice will be Austin and FBT, just depends which way around he goes for.

Well the (nearly dead) hopeful side of me, would suggest that perhaps that points to him planning on securing more experience and captain material, and therefore a decision will be made after that recruitment.
Quagmire

Arthur Fouler

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:10:15 »

Still doesn't track with update from Sat where it was 2 or 3 basically done. So still sounds like something has gone wrong somewhere sadly.

I do wonder if the Bournemouth fella (Genesini?) is a Lavinier replacement, so they’re not going for him until that transfer has gone through.
Which would make it 3.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:15:47 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod

"Style of play against Plymouth is what he’s aiming for. Another transfer 99% done, waiting on the other team to finish their part. Captain and vice captain not decided yet."

https://twitter.com/PippaSundquist/status/1686830329980497920?t=yZ9F-3Hyg4EI7tAdfGWJsA&s=19
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:26:26 »

"Style of play against Plymouth is what he’s aiming for. Another transfer 99% done, waiting on the other team to finish their part. Captain and vice captain not decided yet."

https://twitter.com/PippaSundquist/status/1686830329980497920?t=yZ9F-3Hyg4EI7tAdfGWJsA&s=19

That was legitimate from tonight I am aware.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:34:11 »

Just get someone down to beaversbrook tomorrow and let's get to the bottom of this.

What time?
Beaversbrook is a public facility right?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:34:37 »

Still doesn't track with update from Sat where it was 2 or 3 basically done. So still sounds like something has gone wrong somewhere sadly.

I think you need to go back and read the quotes from the manager. Hopeful was in there somewhere. Not exactly handing out a guarantee of done deals.

..never go back.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:47:05 »

I was there tonight and ultimately alot of what I have read was incorrect.

From what I can remember.

- Power tried to get Flynn in 4 times when he owned the club, Flynn was aware of Power and wasnt keen at that time.
- How we played on sat was like we will largely play but he has 2 formations , plan A and B he will largely use
- On transfers, The 3 that were said to join monday, 1 player decided Tues morning to join a League 1 club, the other is 99% done and waiting on other club (FGR ) to sort things their end, Flynn frustrated it hasnt happened sooner.
-Flynn has a Plan B for player that decided tues to goto a league 1 club, he was waiting for a call this evening on that one.
-Flynn will bring in 2 CBs and a LWB ideally by end of week
-He wants a squad of 23-24 players
- The reason players have not come in as soon as he hoped is simple, 5 clubs in lg 2 are paying high end lg 1 wages and some players have been holding out for one of them to buy them and so would not commit to any lower offers from other clubs. We also lost out on a striker he used to manage going elsewhere for that reason (The guy that went to Walsall i think)
- Our budget is good, but he wont pay silly money for players that are not worth it
- I asked who will be captain and vice captain , he said he had not decided both yet, but he suggested one of the players coming in will be one of those 2 , suggest that is Edward's
- Flynn has been surprised at some players being better than he thought they were and our league position last season suggested, a couple haven't been as good as he had hoped they were (suggest those are the ones that have left)
- He wants full commitment from our players and wont accept anything less..
- He said we have a great bunch of players and he is very happy with their commitment, effort and attitude

If i remember anything else i will add it in later. Flynn came across very well and wants to build something strong here, he sat on our table and we had a good chat with him and Wayne.. Both were great.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:55:22 »

Which of our rumoured targets has signed for a L1 club this week?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 22:57:46 »

I know it's just a thing that people say, but I would be amused if at some point a manager suggested that half hearted commitment was fine from their players!

Thanks for the summary Jan. Let's hope for a positive Thursday outcome.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 23:03:29 »

I was there tonight and ultimately alot of what I have read was incorrect.

From what I can remember.

- Power tried to get Flynn in 4 times when he owned the club, Flynn was aware of Power and wasnt keen at that time.
- How we played on sat was like we will largely play but he has 2 formations , plan A and B he will largely use
- On transfers, The 3 that were said to join monday, 1 player decided Tues morning to join a League 1 club, the other is 99% done and waiting on other club (FGR ) to sort things their end, Flynn frustrated it hasnt happened sooner.
-Flynn has a Plan B for player that decided tues to goto a league 1 club, he was waiting for a call this evening on that one.
-Flynn will bring in 2 CBs and a LWB ideally by end of week
-He wants a squad of 23-24 players
- The reason players have not come in as soon as he hoped is simple, 5 clubs in lg 2 are paying high end lg 1 wages and some players have been holding out for one of them to buy them and so would not commit to any lower offers from other clubs. We also lost out on a striker he used to manage going elsewhere for that reason (The guy that went to Walsall i think)
- Our budget is good, but he wont pay silly money for players that are not worth it
- I asked who will be captain and vice captain , he said he had not decided both yet, but he suggested one of the players coming in will be one of those 2 , suggest that is Edward's
- Flynn has been surprised at some players being better than he thought they were and our league position last season suggested, a couple haven't been as good as he had hoped they were (suggest those are the ones that have left)
- He wants full commitment from our players and wont accept anything less..
- He said we have a great bunch of players and he is very happy with their commitment, effort and attitude

If i remember anything else i will add it in later. Flynn came across very well and wants to build something strong here, he sat on our table and we had a good chat with him and Wayne.. Both were great.

Are you suggesting Edwards is signing then?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 23:05:54 »

Which of our rumoured targets has signed for a L1 club this week?

I don't see any, or any signings that would match our needs that would seem obvious either:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/league-one?page=1

Presume  not completed then?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 23:06:03 »

A helpful summary, so thanks Jan.

You suggest the UGM is still a go then and that the third of the ones mentioned on Sat is now off.

Later you ref Edwards regarding captain? So edwards wasn't one of the three, and could still be done?

As we all have said getting the 2 cb and lwb before Sat will be a real boost. Lets hope they are in soon.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 23:08:12 »

LWB would be more than a boost, we probably don't have one right now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: