Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 30 years tonight  (Read 2107 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:03:49 »

Yeah... Different rules in the semis to what they had in the final.

Gills 3 Sunderland 2
Sunderland 4 Gills 3

Gills through on away goals... a rule which was abandoned for the Final.... bizarre... not complaining though...

Was the final also 2 legs in those days?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:04:48 »

Was the final also 2 legs in those days?

Yeah, we lost 1-0 in pikeyland & won 2-1 at home
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:25:59 »

Yeah, we lost 1-0 in pikeyland & won 2-1 at home
Like the Tranmere semi final, no one who was there will ever forget that Gillingham trilogy... 10,000 Town fans at Selhurst for the replay.... at that point, far and away the most Town fans I'd seen in one place outside of the CG...
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:37:17 »

Tranmere away.

I was at the home semi final and at Wembley. I couldn't go to the away match at Tranmere so was listening to 5 Live (or whatever it was called in those days) for updates as they had the Portsmouth Leicester game as their main match.

I remember we were 2-1 down and they crossed to Prenton Park just as Hoddle had committed the foul for the penalty, and they talked about it for what seemed like ages before announcing that Swindon had scored an equalizer a couple of minutes before.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:45:57 »

I was at the home semi final and at Wembley. I couldn't go to the away match at Tranmere so was listening to 5 Live (or whatever it was called in those days) for updates as they had the Portsmouth Leicester game as their main match.

I remember we were 2-1 down and they crossed to Prenton Park just as Hoddle had committed the foul for the penalty, and they talked about it for what seemed like ages before announcing that Swindon had scored an equalizer a couple of minutes before.

Twats😂
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 15:46:51 »

Like the Tranmere semi final, no one who was there will ever forget that Gillingham trilogy... 10,000 Town fans at Selhurst for the replay.... at that point, far and away the most Town fans I'd seen in one place outside of the CG...

Not sure how many we took to Wolves in the league cup semi- final, but was certainly one of the biggest before then that I’d seen
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:03:30 »

Not sure how many we took to Wolves in the league cup semi- final, but was certainly one of the biggest before then that I’d seen

At the time it was reported that we took 8000 to Arsenal and around 10000 to Wolves

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:28:31 »

Was a beautiful night. Especially as I'd just moved to Kent the year before! Bragging rights!
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 15:59:40 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 10:37:47 »

Some great memories in this thread.

All remembered as clear as if they happened only 1 year ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: