Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 22538 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:37:04 »

That was Finn, not Flynn😉

And his mate Tom Bowyer.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:38:46 »

Is today the day...?

I'd imagine the retained list and the advisory board minutes should allow for some interesting discussion this week. My own personal thought is that whilst I think Gunning/Mildy were probably heavily involved in the retained list now Flynn is in the door he is obviously going to want some input, hence the delay from last week to this. Given there may be a few players that still have a year on their contract that we want to shift, perhaps we are trying to get a mutual release rather than having them hang around (Adeloye?)

I have no ITK about these things at all, but I imagine lots of things are happening behind the scenes at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:44:19 »

Would be good to have the AB minutes out before Wednesday evening.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 08:52:51 »

Would be good to have the AB minutes out before Wednesday evening.

Is that the Q&A evening Batch? Do you have a link to it so I can see who is going to be there etc?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:00:00 »

Retained list has to be shared with the FA within 7 days of he end of the season I think, which would be today

Things get better but they never get good
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:27:06 »

Retained list has to be shared with the FA within 7 days of he end of the season I think, which would be today

Is that the bend of the regular season or after the playoffs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:27:55 »

Is that the Q&A evening Batch? Do you have a link to it so I can see who is going to be there etc?

Er, see other thread. Its been cancelled because Clem has suddenly realised there's a time difference to Australia 2 days before...

(OK the Flynn argument is valid, just have another one next year - we need to do 2 anyway)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:28:07 »

Yes, but what if Clem would have to get up at 3am to send it in? Can it wait four months in that case?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:31:00 »

Ignore me, that’s just for the National League

Last year the deadline was the third Saturday in May

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:36:37 »

Ignore me, that’s just for the National League

Last year the deadline was the third Saturday in May

I assume as much as anything the deadline will reflect the need to give those being released some notice to get something different and alternative sorted before their contracts run out and the wages dry up, so broadly a month like the protection us plebs have.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:41:38 »

I assume as much as anything the deadline will reflect the need to give those being released some notice to get something different and alternative sorted before their contracts run out and the wages dry up, so broadly a month like the protection us plebs have.

Aren't they all contracted to the beginning of June or July, so presume it would be around that time
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:43:48 »

Yeah I think you’re right - contracts usually expire sometime mid-June don’t they (based on old Football Manager knowledge)

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:53:18 »

Er, see other thread. Its been cancelled because Clem has suddenly realised there's a time difference to Australia 2 days before...

(OK the Flynn argument is valid, just have another one next year - we need to do 2 anyway)

Thanks Batch - yeah just saw that thread. Smiley

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 09:54:51 »

Yeah I think you’re right - contracts usually expire sometime mid-June don’t they (based on old Football Manager knowledge)

Yeah think that's about right. Gillingham this week announced the signing of Connor Masterson after he had been released by QPR, but he won't officially become a Gills player until 1st of July. (I think it was)

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:02:04 »

Yeah. They run until 1st July (normally).
« Last Edit: Monday, May 15, 2023, 10:04:27 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: