Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116963 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 19:26:00 »

Just read through the thread regarding today’s game and like many of us that were there  I was very happy with the performance all round. From the kick-off PA looked sharp and slightly quicker which was to be expected but it did not take long to show the work rate and effort that all sides need to become a good side was evident in spades from the Town. Turning what I saw today into week in week out performances might be difficult to do consistently over forty six league games but it augers far better than I was expecting. As ever, come October and we will have a better idea of where we are in the great scheme of things.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 19:32:10 »

Indeed if fan noise sells tickets we should have a few more at Colchester now.
I was impressed today, thought Minturn was very good at the back cleared one of the line acrobat style put in some good tackles distribution some good some not so. Brewiit coupe of errors but tackling and blocking was very good.
Of the starting 11 I think Khan was the weak link but did some good bits.
We won't be far outside the playoffs with this side as is, could even flirt with thwm, a couple of signings and wet will be in the mix.
I thorougjy enjoyed that.
We were sat behind a couple of Plymouth fans who said that was a fairly strong team and won't be far off their starting 11 so make of that what you will.
They were very complimentary about us going forward and asked if RHM is related to Linford Christie. "fuck that boy is quick"
Seeing that should put some minds at rest mine included were not as bad as we think.
Kemp is very good, Kinsella for his late cameo got stuck in and won the ball a number of times, 14 the guy from Bournemouth?? Grew into thw game and was ok.
If you can't tell I'm just home having a beer pretty pleased with that.
See you at Colchester 👍👍

Regarding Khan, i’d assume Kinsella could take his spot once up to full fitness.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 07:18:57 »

Catching up this morning.....Flynn post match interview:
- Wish it was a league game as we were exceptional!
- Slow first 20 mins.
- Stuck to our game plan
- Shown that is the minimum Flynn expects from them
- Stuck to roles and responsibility and patterns of play
- They were brave in the final third
- Overall attitude and application was what Flynn wants
- Used up a set play
- Have more in the tank for set plays. Hatfield is one of the best at that and has worked hard with them on this aspect
- Dan Kemp could have had a hattrick
- Told Minturn that this is the level he has to perform at. Has had words with him in the past as wasn't happy. Now needs to show this level and be consistent
- Lavinier: 'Erm? Don't know what I'm supposed to say? (Someone says something in the background) Yeah, he's injured! We'll be looking at that over the weekend. It might not be as bad as we thought. Looking at a second opinion'
- Kinsella: Tenacious. Wholehearted. Gives us something we haven't got
- Close on signings. Could be up to 3 signings on Monday. That won't be us finished.
- Said we have been close before, but unfortunately just lost out on them.
- Signings will add quality to the squad. Wont sign players for the sake of it. Want to strengthen the group
- Been frustrating. Haven't been off the phone for a month
- Had to freshen the squad.
- Offer from Crawley for Darcy that was acceptable for the club (Said nowt about Adeloye)
- Will be 'happier' if the 3 do sign
- Ward: Won't say anything about trialists and when Hawes said the trial has been going on since last season, Flynn testily said it hasn't been going on that long as he hadn't been here long. Just cos another manager had an opinion doesnt mean Flynn has the same.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 07:46:00 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 07:42:16 »

Plymouth fans saying they didn’t cope well with our physicality.

That’s a first!
DMC

« Reply #1504 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 08:04:36 »

Catching up this morning.....Flynn post match interview:
- Wish it was a league game as we were exceptional!
- Slow first 20 mins.
- Stuck to our game plan
- Shown that is the minimum Flynn expects from them
- Stuck to roles and responsibility and patterns of play
- They were brave in the final third
- Overall attitude and application was what Flynn wants
- Used up a set play
- Have more in the tank for set plays. Hatfield is one of the best at that and has worked hard with them on this aspect
- Dan Kemp could have had a hattrick
- Told Minturn that this is the level he has to perform at. Has had words with him in the past as wasn't happy. Now needs to show this level and be consistent
- Lavinier: 'Erm? Don't know what I'm supposed to say? (Someone says something in the background) Yeah, he's injured! We'll be looking at that over the weekend. It might not be as bad as we thought. Looking at a second opinion'
- Kinsella: Tenacious. Wholehearted. Gives us something we haven't got
- Close on signings. Could be up to 3 signings on Monday. That won't be us finished.
- Said we have been close before, but unfortunately just lost out on them.
- Signings will add quality to the squad. Wont sign players for the sake of it. Want to strengthen the group
- Been frustrating. Haven't been off the phone for a month
- Had to freshen the squad.
- Offer from Crawley for Darcy that was acceptable for the club (Said nowt about Adeloye)
- Will be 'happier' if the 3 do sign
- Ward: Won't say anything about trialists and when Hawes said the trial has been going on since last season, Flynn testily said it hasn't been going on that long as he hadn't been here long. Just cos another manager had an opinion doesnt mean Flynn has the same.
Cheers NMH just listened back. Glad he added the 'that won't be us finished' to the 3 signings
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 08:10:26 »

Cheers Aud, I'm guessing his career has stagnated rather than excelled since leaving us.

Egbo was a huge upgrade at the time.

KKH certainly has a much higher ceiling, but most of his good stuff for us was inside his own half. Nutmegs, dragbacks etc. Never really did much in the final third. Perhaps he'd of kicked on if he wasn't recalled.

Surprised to see him in the championship to be honest. Think Plymouth may struggle.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 08:43:18 »

Egbo was a huge upgrade at the time.

KKH certainly has a much higher ceiling, but most of his good stuff for us was inside his own half. Nutmegs, dragbacks etc. Never really did much in the final third. Perhaps he'd of kicked on if he wasn't recalled.

Surprised to see him in the championship to be honest. Think Plymouth may struggle.

Said the same yesterday, no doubt KKH is a very good player but is the championship a step too far too quickly?
I thought going forward Plymouth looked good, quick passes, good triangles but we closed down so much quicker than of late. Didn't give them time to chose what to do with it and stand off.
They do need to sort the defense out because the championship will carve them open time and time again.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 09:06:45 »

Noticeable yesterday that the huge spaces between defence and attack that saw the opposition swarm all over us regularly last season was absent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 10:03:00 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Noticeable yesterday that the huge spaces between defence and attack that saw the opposition swarm all over us regularly last season was absent.

now that is good to hear.

And we conceded late but didn't fall apart and lose!

friendly Batch, it's only a friendly. Remember the dossevi rule...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1509 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 11:39:59 »

friendly Batch, it's only a friendly. Remember the dossevi rule...

You do okay to remember, a good win makes life easier but always have in mind the ancient and cursed Dossevi scriptures Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 11:50:46 »

What was the attendance yesterday?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 12:00:42 »

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 12:03:38 »

Approx 500 Plymouth

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1513 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 12:05:59 »

What was the attendance yesterday?

Att: 3,364 with 540 Muffs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1514 on: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 12:07:39 »

Not too bad, decent following from Argyle then. Hopefully a good result next weekend will see us have a healthy crowd vs Crewe.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: