Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116847 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:45:41 »

Also what style of football did we play as many were worried that Flynn plays too direct🤔

Still geared up for playing it out from the back.
Did it ok today & kept possession well overall.

Key difference from last season will be 2 words I suspect, "with purpose".

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:47:38 »

Still geared up for playing it out from the back.
Did it ok today & kept possession well overall.

Key difference from last season will be 2 words I suspect, "with purpose".

Cheers Bob, at least things sound promising at long last.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:48:10 »

Also what style of football did we play as many were worried that Flynn plays too direct🤔

The best kind.
Winning football.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:51:12 »

The best kind.
Winning football.

This.
DMC

« Reply #1489 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:53:14 »

Definetly mixed it up well and cleared the decks when we have to. I was really more impressed with the Austin RHM link up
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:53:57 »

Enjoyed that.
Two most pleasing things were the covering from midfield & GM in particular did that very well.
Also the chance creation, second half in particular & 2 or 3 bodies in the box waiting for the cross.

Maybe no need to fret so much about Hutton's defensive frailties as the wing backs won't be playing as defenders.
Yeah, they will need to gallop back into position on occasion & will have a job to do in shape when the opponents are in possession.
We'll see.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:54:15 »

Like, if you ever leave a Town game after we’ve won disappointed because the football wasn’t ‘good’ or ‘entertaining’ you’re a wrong’un
DMC

« Reply #1492 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:55:54 »

Enjoyed that.
Two most pleasing things were the covering from midfield & GM in particular did that very well.
Also the chance creation, second half in particular & 2 or 3 bodies in the box waiting for the cross.

Maybe no need to fret so much about Hutton's defensive frailties as the wing backs won't be playing as defenders.
Yeah, they will need to gallop back into position on occasion & will have a job to do in shape when the opponents are in possession.
We'll see.

I thought the same Wobbly regarding the wing backs. Midfield dropped and the defenders covered well
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 16:56:05 »

The best kind.
Winning football.

Spot on any type of football will do if it gets us out of league2

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 17:20:52 »

Well, that was encouraging - very encouraging. Probably not a popular opinion but I thought Brewitt did really well today. I liked the look of the keeper who didn’t have much to do but he was confident with good decision making. In contrast, their keeper was a tad dodgy with erratic distribution - they’ll need better than him in the Championship.

We had 2-3 first class chances apart from the goals too. A Walsall fan described Kinsella a ‘ratter’ - perfect description.

No idea who the No. 9 was when he came on.

My biggest take from the game was the number of tackles and interceptions made in midfield. Lordy, Lordy!

On to Colchester!
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 17:55:34 »

Well, that was encouraging - very encouraging. Probably not a popular opinion but I thought Brewitt did really well today. I liked the look of the keeper who didn’t have much to do but he was confident with good decision making. In contrast, their keeper was a tad dodgy with erratic distribution - they’ll need better than him in the Championship.

We had 2-3 first class chances apart from the goals too. A Walsall fan described Kinsella a ‘ratter’ - perfect description.

No idea who the No. 9 was when he came on.

My biggest take from the game was the number of tackles and interceptions made in midfield. Lordy, Lordy!

On to Colchester!

Indeed if fan noise sells tickets we should have a few more at Colchester now.
I was impressed today, thought Minturn was very good at the back cleared one of the line acrobat style put in some good tackles distribution some good some not so. Brewiit coupe of errors but tackling and blocking was very good.
Of the starting 11 I think Khan was the weak link but did some good bits.
We won't be far outside the playoffs with this side as is, could even flirt with thwm, a couple of signings and wet will be in the mix.
I thorougjy enjoyed that.
We were sat behind a couple of Plymouth fans who said that was a fairly strong team and won't be far off their starting 11 so make of that what you will.
They were very complimentary about us going forward and asked if RHM is related to Linford Christie. "fuck that boy is quick"
Seeing that should put some minds at rest mine included were not as bad as we think.
Kemp is very good, Kinsella for his late cameo got stuck in and won the ball a number of times, 14 the guy from Bournemouth?? Grew into thw game and was ok.
If you can't tell I'm just home having a beer pretty pleased with that.
See you at Colchester 👍👍
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 17:58:47 by skiptotheLouMacari » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 18:18:00 »

My boy was mascot today. Absolutely loved it. Hats off to Rachel at the club, brilliant hostess who was very good with the kids. The package was £150 and thought that price was ideal. Got a tour and all that jazz, photo with Mr Flynn and got his football signed. Full kit etc. Food was good, kids got chicken nuggets and chips. Is it worth the £250 for a league game, definitely not in my opinion. Just not value for money at that price. Shame as some kids will miss out due to that price.

Flynn was very approachable and cracking personality. Concerned about wages and budget, but hoping to get three in next week. Saw one player pass me in the corridors going in for medical. He watched first half but not second. Flynn thinks there are 10 clubs better off than us, he's jealous. We had a few targets about to sign, but they moved elsewhere due to wages.

As for the game, Plymouth didn't look like a championship side. We battled. 3 at the back worked. RHM had a great game and I thought he deserved it. Midfield 3 were good, not sure where Kinsella will fit. Hard to drop any of those today. Kemp just bossed everything.

Still not happy with CA. He looked like he didn't want to be there. Hardly keen in the warm up. Off side quite often, too many fancy flicks. He reminds me off Harry McKirdy after his first season. I want him to prove me wrong.

Overall a great day though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 18:32:14 »

How did Kaine Kesler-Hayden play for Plymouth as he hasn't been mentioned.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 18:53:26 »

Didn’t really notice him tbh.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: Saturday, July 29, 2023, 18:56:25 »

Cheers Aud, I'm guessing his career has stagnated rather than excelled since leaving us.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: