Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117141 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:47:29 »

Try reading. He was still shit, like I said.

Your whole schtick was that people were wanking over him because he played Premier League and should be treated like Lindsey. You were wrong. People treated Lindsey differently because he had every chance at the job and was so clearly painfully out of his depth.

Mocking the people that thought this doesn't make them look stupid, it makes you look stupid.

People were on Lindsey’s back the second he was appointed before he’d had a chance to show us how shit he was
People were orgasming over Morris when he joined before he’d had a chance to show us how shit he was.

Different.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:50:03 »

People were on Lindsey’s back the second he was appointed before he’d had a chance to show us how shit he was
People were orgasming over Morris when he joined before he’d had a chance to show us how shit he was.

Different.

Lindsey and Morris had had rather contrasting careers. Morris was highly thought of. It’s pretty obvious why people might have treated their appointments differently. It didn’t work out but you seem to take some perverse glee in that.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:52:27 »

Different.

Bollocks. Complete revisionist history.

The people that were pissed off with the appointment initially were pissed off we dicked about for weeks on end doing fuck all (sound familiar) to then only go and appoint someone at the club and try to convince everyone he was always the best man for the job. They were pissed off with the club, not him.

If anything most of our fans were taken in by the shite he talks in his initial interviews that he copy and pasted when he joined Crawley accompanied with the same badge thumping after the first win.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 12:56:51 »

I think you're exaggerating that people were orgasming over Morris. And I think that's the point Chalky is making

I remember saying when it came(sic) about that he would be better appointed as a No.2. My opinion was classically ignored but I kind of grew to the idea that Morris might be able to do a job. He couldn't, hand tied behind his back or not - thems the brakes.

But no one, from my limited memory was copulating profusely over the appointment of Morris; I think some might have just thought "ok, we may have a chance here and can get promoted".

I mean rewrite history to suit your own (and seemingly very individual extreme memory) thought process but it is incredibly exaggerated. Plus, your obsession with how wank Morris was, paired with an unnerving wanton to prove how lots of others were infatuated with his managerial ability is verging on crossing the parody inversion point.

Have a lovely Sunday Dinner man  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 13:01:26 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 13:09:51 »

I think you're exaggerating that people were orgasming over Morris. And I think that's the point Chalky is making

'orgasmining' = not calling for his head and writing him off the first moment we conceded.

You have to try and think like DV who thinks his posts are ever so witty and clever, you see.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 13:34:00 »

Grown men attempting to be “witty” and “sharp” by attempting to clown everything that people say that one might not agree with, by adopting the he said this on this date and she said that about this manager! Weasel stuff it really is. Get a grip, enjoy your Sunday

Fuck Lindsey
Fuck Morris

Both shite
Flynn the only manager we need to be arsed about at the moment.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 14:52:39 »

Morris was shit, but he was shit with a squad of players he had absolutely no say over as he was appointed on 31 January at the end of a catastrophic transfer window he had no control over. Lindsey had all preseason where he apparently had final say on transfers.

I get the point that you think people only treated Morris differently and 'wanked themselves silly' because he was a premier league player, but that wasn't actually the case was it?

Lindsey had every chance and was shit. Morris had very little chance and was also shit. Their circumstances couldn't have been more different, which was why they were treated differently to begin with.

Which was very fucking obvious and made your posts painfully unfunny to everyone but you.

Spot on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DMC

« Reply #1297 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 15:39:20 »

Lindsey was shit
Morris was shit
Recruitment was/is shit
Staffing levels etc at the club was shit

To be honest everything about watching and supporting the club the last 12 months has been absolutely bollocks and rubbish. I stick up for the club more than most but only when i think they are unfairly lambasted for absolutely every single thing thats when i think it's over the top but those things listed above need fixing this season or the club is is a mess this time next season  that's for sure
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 16:31:27 »

Doesn’t take a genius to work out the key difference’s between the 2 as been listed above.

Lindsey failed with a more balanced (albeit still not great) squad that he had input in assembling.

Morris failed with a squad that wasn’t his that also lost most of its experienced players in January and suffered massive injury and suspension issues during his first few weeks.

Both failed in their own ways but Morris had a much shittier hand dealt to him squad wise than Lindsey which is why people were more sympathetic to him although towards the end of his time here it was evident that we weren’t the right match for eachother regardless.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 16:51:20 »

Grown men attempting to be “witty” and “sharp” by attempting to clown everything that people say that one might not agree with, by adopting the he said this on this date and she said that about this manager! Weasel stuff it really is. Get a grip, enjoy your Sunday

Unfortunately on this forum historically, posters have continuously called people out and then asked them to prove when they made such statements or they've had to provide archival quotation from said forum.

Yep, it's pathetic.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 16:58:39 »

The interesting thing with Morris is that he took a team which Mad Gav let loose and looked half decent and turned them into dogshit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 17:01:46 »

The interesting thing with Morris is that he took a team which Mad Gav let loose and looked half decent and turned them into dogshit.

Gunning managed two games in January, against the teams in 16th and 23rd at the time, with the team in 16th down to 10 men after 34 minutes. We drew with the team in 23rd, conceding three goals in the process. I think you'd have to say that isn't really sufficient evidence to say that he'd have been any better, albeit it couldn't really have gone much worse.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 17:06:13 »

Gunning was a total anomaly with also absolutely zero pressure to perform in the role. Might as well have played pin the tail on the Adeloye and hoped for the best! Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

DMC

« Reply #1303 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 17:46:14 »

Yeah i am not having that Morris was hampered a lot more than Lindsey was. They were both quite poor tbh. Infact i enjoyed footbal under SL a bit more as i ewxpected alot more from Morris
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: Sunday, July 23, 2023, 19:01:32 »

Gunning was a total anomaly with also absolutely zero pressure to perform in the role. Might as well have played pin the tail on the Adeloye and hoped for the best! Wink

Yep, and while it was a small sample against teams that finished below us in the table at the end of the season, the football was much more enjoyable.

It just feels that the “Morris was hampered” because we had shit players is a bit over generous
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: