Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117133 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:10:22 »

What do you want him to say, if he says to you that he thinks we have a competetive budget like the manager has been saying what will your response be

I don't want him to say anything proof is players coming through the door which then gives the supporters hope for the coming season.

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:10:33 »

It’s literally not worth Clem, Rob Angus or even Flynn for that matter giving any interviews as no one believes a word they say anyway.

Rob Angus and Flynn have both said we have a competitive budget this season but fans have decided we are skint.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:12:02 »

What do you want him to say, if he says to you that he thinks we have a competetive budget like the manager has been saying what will your response be

Having stumbled across this, it continues to make me grin.  Grin in so far as how open it is, which is refreshing for a football club.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2023/january/club-audited-annual-accounts-202122/

I would love for our club to follow suit - especially as we make some brash statements about being number one for fan engagement.  Well, put our literal money where our mouth is.

I'd even suggest going a step further, release the forecasts for the in year or coming year.

We will never do it though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:13:22 »

Trouble is, DV seems to get a free pass in this regard. If other or less frequent posters were to do this....lord the amount of shit they'd get.

I like DV but his sarcasm isn't as funny as it used to be. It's more like a broken record. Maybe he's just as fed up of pre-season as most of us and is just passing the time...  Hmmm

DVs the best poster this forum has ever had.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:16:04 »

It’s literally not worth Clem, Rob Angus or even Flynn for that matter giving any interviews as no one believes a word they say anyway.

Rob Angus and Flynn have both said we have a competitive budget this season but fans have decided we are skint.

Rather than coming out and saying it publicly they should have posted in behind a faceless anonymous user name on an internet forum - then they would have been believed
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:17:20 »

Hope this isn't anything to go by🤣

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:27:48 »

To further my current love in of Carlisle's financial reporting, here is the actual published document:

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/siteassets/documents-2223/car816-cufc-1921-signed-accounts-2022---no-detailed-pl.pdf

It's a remarkable amount of information - someone must have spent ages compiling this.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:34:26 »

Great post and insight into the finances of CUFC. Love to see the Swindon Town balance sheets over the same period for a comparison.

So, give no fucks
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:38:22 »

There is competitive budget and then there is being 2 weeks from the start of the season with a threadbare squad.

RA’s programme notes around learning from mistakes are well documented.

I don’t think RA is a liar, just has to tell the fans what they want to hear to avoid the pitchforks
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:45:48 by Trashbat? » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 18:55:34 »

There is competitive budget and then there is being 2 weeks from the start of the season with a threadbare squad.

RA’s programme notes around learning from mistakes are well documented.

I don’t think RA is a liar, just has to tell the fans what they want to hear to avoid the pitchforks

Learning from mistakes would also mean not wasting the budget by signing shit, and making sure we get the correct players.

People just seem to want signings regardless of who they are…. Let’s not forget Flynn signed 21 players himself last summer and struggled.
He himself wants to make sure he gets the right type in.

Flynn and Angus have both said the budget is competitive.
Flynn has said there will be both more incomings and outgoings.
Flynn has said he wants to bring some experience in.
Flynn has said he will wait until the right players become available.

All of the above has been said yet our fans still have their pitchforks out because we haven’t signed some mediocre players from Newport that no one even knows if we wanted anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 19:02:51 »

The response is one of concern. It's pretty simple to understand why.

Some quality signings will shut that up. Not rocket science.

Yeah views range from the reasonable to the extreme. Maybe if it didn't have a feeling of January dejavous people would be more relaxed in the first place .
-----
Wouldn't hurt Clem to give a couple of hours of his time for the fans forum, like he was going to.

personally got no real questions for him, but that's not the point
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 19:06:16 »

For better or worse there seems to be a feeling that we're falling behind even the smaller league 2 clubs with a lack of transfer activity knowing that the current squad was threadbare before any injuries.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 19:07:00 »

Learning from mistakes would also mean not wasting the budget by signing shit, and making sure we get the correct players.

People just seem to want signings regardless of who they are…. Let’s not forget Flynn signed 21 players himself last summer and struggled.
He himself wants to make sure he gets the right type in.

Flynn and Angus have both said the budget is competitive.
Flynn has said there will be both more incomings and outgoings.
Flynn has said he wants to bring some experience in.
Flynn has said he will wait until the right players become available.

All of the above has been said yet our fans still have their pitchforks out because we haven’t signed some mediocre players from Newport that no one even knows if we wanted anyway.

I'm refusing to get involved in any forum chat based on the above. I will join in the meltdown when the season starts and the situation hasn't changed. Just not worth getting stressed when it can change in an instant
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 19:08:45 »

For better or worse there seems to be a feeling that we're falling behind even the smaller league 2 clubs with a lack of transfer activity knowing that the current squad was threadbare before any injuries.
Flynns words today were on the lines of once the fans see who I'm after, it will have been worth the wait kind of vibe. That feeling you describe above could hopefully be eased of Flynn pulls this off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: Saturday, July 22, 2023, 19:12:38 »

Flynns words today were on the lines of once the fans see who I'm after, it will have been worth the wait kind of vibe. That feeling you describe above could hopefully be eased of Flynn pulls this off.

Let's hope we can secure the players Flynn is eluding to.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: