Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117045 times)
DMC

« Reply #705 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:16:10 »

Hutton will be a huge asset if we keep him - 15 assists or whatever it was is freakish. Brewitt is a squad player, nothing more - we should be aiming for better for the XI. Don't think we should be making judgements off 2 min highlight reels from a pitch side camera against championship opposition.

But....

Bigger picture....Fanbase is toxic as fuck at the moment - 4.5k renewals/ST sales and possibly more, yet this is the feeling- not ideal for anyone. I remember the buzz in the 19/20 pre season and the crazy 2/3 weeks from the handover in ownership (slightly different I know). as said many times by others - No early business as promised.  Lots of gaps need filling for starting XI - if it wasn't good enough last season in a rancid league 2 its gonna struggle even more in this seasons league which is much improved going off others signings/ new teams. Need some more depth at centre half, how long till Devine breaks down ? probably want competition there if FBT is seen as a LCB. Crying out for a midfielder to do the nasty stuff, someone to replace Williams? Attackers can wait - that's a luxury at the mo far more important things to do, Wakeling RHM and Austin is fine to start with. 3 weeks to Col U and 3 friendlies left (2 after Tuesday) for new players/tactics to gel - not long at all. We've known since March time that we was L2 side again for sure, enough time to have planned. Teams were doing business in May.

I hope this a really busy week for us.

Spot on i think this post, sums it up nicely.

I see the trust newsletter has just been released as well stating there were about £200ks worth of works that needed doing this summer on the stadium as well
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:20:32 »

On that evidence the Keeper also concerns me, not because he made mistakes (he didn’t) but because he looks tiny, he doesn’t seem to have any kind of presence. I do fear he’ll get bullied in this league, BFG and Brynn both had a certain stature about them, this one one doesn’t seem to have that. Hopefully what he lacks in height he makes up for in ability.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:46:48 »

Some of these goals certainly should concern him.

Criticism labelled at Hutton but Brewitt looks like the weak link to me defensively
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 18:11:34 »

Regarding the keeper a couple of occasions he's caught the ball and looking to throw out quick but there was no interest/movement!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 18:21:29 »

Regarding the keeper a couple of occasions he's caught the ball and looking to throw out quick but there was no interest/movement!

That was as I understand it the way they were told to play, however, if you’ve not got the players or movement upfront to facilitate that option then you can’t. Saying that the amount of times we had the option to attack like that quickly were wasted. Because we didn’t have the players to capitalise on it who were possibly drilled in a way to not capitalise on it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 18:21:56 »

Criticism labelled at Hutton but Brewitt looks like the weak link to me defensively

Yeah also horrific was Brewitt. Equally as hopeless.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 18:22:47 »

That was as I understand it the way they were told to play, however, if you’ve not got the players or movement upfront to facilitate that option then you can’t. Saying that the amount of times we had the option to attack like that quickly were wasted. Because we didn’t have the players to capitalise on it who were possibly drilled in a way to not capitalise on it.

Which you would think is worked on in training daily😀

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 18:51:08 »

ugh. dog shit defending.

can accept championship teams will open up a league 2 team but fuck me the 1st and 4th goals were horror show
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 20:51:21 »

Are you ever anything other than concerned?

I guess years of travelling all over the Country and getting older takes its toll.
Just want it to be our turn to be optimistic and have some sustainable success.
Maybe my expectation is higher than yours, decent sized club underperforming. Equally I detest this shite league and everything about it.

Still believe we will see movement this week.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 20:58:28 »

Hutton will be a huge asset if we keep him - 15 assists or whatever it was is freakish. Brewitt is a squad player, nothing more - we should be aiming for better for the XI. Don't think we should be making judgements off 2 min highlight reels from a pitch side camera against championship opposition.

But....

Bigger picture....Fanbase is toxic as fuck at the moment - 4.5k renewals/ST sales and possibly more, yet this is the feeling- not ideal for anyone. I remember the buzz in the 19/20 pre season and the crazy 2/3 weeks from the handover in ownership (slightly different I know). as said many times by others - No early business as promised.  Lots of gaps need filling for starting XI - if it wasn't good enough last season in a rancid league 2 its gonna struggle even more in this seasons league which is much improved going off others signings/ new teams. Need some more depth at centre half, how long till Devine breaks down ? probably want competition there if FBT is seen as a LCB. Crying out for a midfielder to do the nasty stuff, someone to replace Williams? Attackers can wait - that's a luxury at the mo far more important things to do, Wakeling RHM and Austin is fine to start with. 3 weeks to Col U and 3 friendlies left (2 after Tuesday) for new players/tactics to gel - not long at all. We've known since March time that we was L2 side again for sure, enough time to have planned. Teams were doing business in May.

I hope this a really busy week for us.

Spot on as always.
Ffs we are 3 weeks from the start of the season with no out and out experienced centre half.
Defensively weak in defence and midfield.
Still time but leaving it late as always.
Surely they know they are going to get shit with the statements they made if they don’t get it sorted?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 21:54:09 »

Spot on as always.
Ffs we are 3 weeks from the start of the season with no out and out experienced centre half.
Defensively weak in defence and midfield.
Still time but leaving it late as always.
Surely they know they are going to get shit with the statements they made if they don’t get it sorted?

You and me both know mate that there is money there this year.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 07:25:22 »

We were doing OK until Clayton went off
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 07:36:07 »

We were doing OK until Clayton went off
Should have covered him up and put him in the fridge.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 07:41:36 »

You would like to hope so. Decent ST renewals at this level, pitch renovations etc.
All in favour of being careful with money, at this level critical but you would hope plenty of options to strengthen are there.
Full trust in Flynn and another week to get the natives less restless.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Sunday, July 16, 2023, 08:42:37 »

Do you know/wonder if the unexpected spend on making sure the CG gets a safety certificate, circa 200k if I'm not mistaken might have affected the player budget?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: