Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 116950 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:33:03 »

Some shite defending.

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #691 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:33:19 »

Rumour has it that Brewitt can still be found in no mans land. Everything we have all said about Hutton also on show in a 3 minute clip there
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:41:57 »

Brewitt is so bad
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:43:47 »

Defending pretty much exactly like season. Obviously harsh to judge against Championship opposition but not great start for the “Flynn will make the current squad good enough” argument.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:50:10 »

Brewitt is so bad

Yep. Utter garbage. Very concerning that we may be going into the season with him in matchday squads.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:53:32 by Processed Beats » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:52:22 »

I find this friendly a little baffling travelling 120 miles to play that calibre of opposition and hard to see what was learnt from it when a local league one team would have been more beneficial.

So, give no fucks
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:54:25 »

I find this friendly a little baffling travelling 120 miles to play that calibre of opposition and hard to see what was learnt from it.

I guess it can provide the opportunity to see how a squad will react under match circumstances where they don’t have much of the ball and potentially how they respond going 1 or 2 goals down or being under consistent pressure, do they pitch in and respond or cave and capitulate.

Unfortunately as fans we watched the majority of this lot capitulate more often than respond
DMC

« Reply #697 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:55:39 »

TBF if Flynn sees that 2 or 3 are nowhere near good enough and we improve on them then it's worth it i suppose. It works both ways as well, it does sound like first half we played well and created chances so if a few of those chances have been taken we would be sat saying it was a good run out
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 16:56:16 »

Fair & can’t argue with that.
Personally think some strength & experience in at DM/CM & CB is a high priority.
Target man/hold up striker not much use if teams can still walk through our midfield.

Yeah there are definitely other priorities....but it would still be nice to sign someone.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:01:26 »

I know we likely won’t but starting next season with the wing back pairing of Shade and Hutton like we did last season makes me shudder
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:02:45 »

Some of these goals certainly should concern him.

I repeat, Hutton is absolute garbage outside of having a decent cross. I don't care what league Swansea are in, that is absolute toilet.

If we didn't seem utterly incapable of signing any fucker (even a traffic cone) I'd sell him for packet of monster munch in a heart beat.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:02:50 »

Hutton will be a huge asset if we keep him - 15 assists or whatever it was is freakish. Brewitt is a squad player, nothing more - we should be aiming for better for the XI. Don't think we should be making judgements off 2 min highlight reels from a pitch side camera against championship opposition.

But....

Bigger picture....Fanbase is toxic as fuck at the moment - 4.5k renewals/ST sales and possibly more, yet this is the feeling- not ideal for anyone. I remember the buzz in the 19/20 pre season and the crazy 2/3 weeks from the handover in ownership (slightly different I know). as said many times by others - No early business as promised.  Lots of gaps need filling for starting XI - if it wasn't good enough last season in a rancid league 2 its gonna struggle even more in this seasons league which is much improved going off others signings/ new teams. Need some more depth at centre half, how long till Devine breaks down ? probably want competition there if FBT is seen as a LCB. Crying out for a midfielder to do the nasty stuff, someone to replace Williams? Attackers can wait - that's a luxury at the mo far more important things to do, Wakeling RHM and Austin is fine to start with. 3 weeks to Col U and 3 friendlies left (2 after Tuesday) for new players/tactics to gel - not long at all. We've known since March time that we was L2 side again for sure, enough time to have planned. Teams were doing business in May.

I hope this a really busy week for us.

newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:04:28 »

Nothing has changed with our defending from last term i can see flyn gone by christmas. No
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:06:23 »

Yeah, we’d definitely struggle in the Championship…
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Saturday, July 15, 2023, 17:08:29 »

TBF if Flynn sees that 2 or 3 are nowhere near good enough and we improve on them then it's worth it i suppose. It works both ways as well, it does sound like first half we played well and created chances so if a few of those chances have been taken we would be sat saying it was a good run out

Exactly. Makes sense for us to expose the weak links in preseason rather than just a bunch of non league games that flatter us and then they get exposed early in the season. Preseason has always been a mix of levels.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: