Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 117050 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 07:58:49 »

I generally never take pre-season results too seriously of course, but it's good to get into a winning habit nice and early. That Hutton/Austin partnership could be very fruitful over the course of the season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 08:04:02 »

I generally never take pre-season results too seriously of course, but it's good to get into a winning habit nice and early. That Hutton/Austin partnership could be very fruitful over the course of the season.

Or until August 31st at the most.

I still can't see a scenario where he stays. Especially as Peterborough don't have Ward or Thompson anymore.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 08:11:23 »

Or until August 31st at the most.

I still can't see a scenario where he stays. Especially as Peterborough don't have Ward or Thompson anymore.

I mean for all the talk about Hutton wanting away/Peterborough's supposed interest, nothing as yet has come from it. I noticed that Tomlinson played a part in their pre-season game over the weekend, perhaps there is a deal to be done where we get Tomlinson and cash for Hutton. Would Lavinier then shift to RB?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 09:13:15 »

I mean for all the talk about Hutton wanting away/Peterborough's supposed interest, nothing as yet has come from it. I noticed that Tomlinson played a part in their pre-season game over the weekend, perhaps there is a deal to be done where we get Tomlinson and cash for Hutton. Would Lavinier then shift to RB?

I must be one of the few who thinks Tomlinson isnt actually that good… 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #514 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 09:28:36 »

I like Tomlinson and think he could do a job at RWB, hes predominantly right footed and played RWB for Hungerford and Eastliegh previously and was moved to LWB while at Posh.

I think he has loads of potential if we keep him fit. Ironically he has only ever had 2 fairly big injuries in his career, both while at Swindon on loan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 09:37:39 »

I certainly wouldn’t be climbing over myself to get a deal done that involved Tomlinson coming in at the expense of Hutton going…

Now, if we could get Tomlinson in as well as Hutton to add to the options at both RWB & LWB I’d be inclined to try and make that deal happen.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #516 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 09:41:45 »

I certainly wouldn’t be climbing over myself to get a deal done that involved Tomlinson coming in at the expense of Hutton going…

Now, if we could get Tomlinson in as well as Hutton to add to the options at both RWB & LWB I’d be inclined to try and make that deal happen.
If Hutton wants to stay (which has been rumoured that he didnt, but things change and it was only a rumour) then yes get Tomlinson and keep Hutton too, that would be a good option.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 09:43:31 »

Tbh, even if Hutton doesn’t want to stay. He’s under contract, so we could always just say tough shit.

…or tell him, get your head down, keep popping the ball on Chairle’s head and you’ll have better options in January.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #518 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:03:18 »

Tbh, even if Hutton doesn’t want to stay. He’s under contract, so we could always just say tough shit.

…or tell him, get your head down, keep popping the ball on Chairle’s head and you’ll have better options in January.
I like this option as we will all benefit.

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:17:13 »

I like this option as we will all benefit.

I like this as well but if we're in the promotion hunt and sell Hutton in January our fans will go equally ape shit and say we lack ambition.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:18:19 »

Ive been on holiday....how many signings have we made?

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:41:59 »

The same number of rounds 4D has ever bought.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:44:26 »

Quote from: THE FLASH
er, 3 including Brewitt, Austin and loan keeper?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:48:07 »

The same number of rounds 4D has ever bought.

I always get collared for most rounds, they're a tight lot  Smiley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Monday, July 10, 2023, 10:49:47 »

I must be one of the few who thinks Tomlinson isnt actually that good… 

opinions and arseholes. There isn't a lot to go on but he was pretty good in his first spell at the club I thought.

I like Tomlinson and think he could do a job at RWB, hes predominantly right footed and played RWB for Hungerford and Eastliegh previously and was moved to LWB while at Posh.

I think he has loads of potential if we keep him fit. Ironically he has only ever had 2 fairly big injuries in his career, both while at Swindon on loan.

I think you are right about potential. He's young and Peterborough generally have a good eye for non-league talent. Injuries have probably held him back so a good pre-season and he may have a part to play this season.

As you say, Hutton + Tomlinson is a right result. If the various noises about us being skint are true, we may well have to cash in on Hutton, we don't have an assembly line of valuable assets currently. If he starts the season well, we may have our hand tested come the end of August. You would hope that  we look longer term, but if the offer is too good to refuse, then so be it. (as always it will be undisclosed anyway)

I like this as well but if we're in the promotion hunt and sell Hutton in January our fans will go equally ape shit and say we lack ambition.

Yeah I am in agreement. If we are there or thereabouts at Christmas, selling Hutton would go down like a lead balloon.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: