Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 113404 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:57:31 »

Nah, that was Westbury. Corsham was one missed penalty away from Wembley this year in the FA Vase.

Westbury United was who I was referring to. It appears they lost 3-0 at home to Corsham Town veterans a few days before we played them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:59:51 »

The ground is more than a stroll from the nearest pub and parking will be a bitch.

It's less than a mile to the Royal Oak from the ground!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:01:43 »

Bollocks is it.

Nearest is the Methuen Arms in the town. Probably similar to having a drink in Old Town and walking to the CG.

Follow the blue line

« Last Edit: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:07:31 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:13:41 »

Bollocks is it.

Nearest is the Methuen Arms in the town. Probably similar to having a drink in Old Town and walking to the CG.

Follow the blue line

Jesus that's about 1000 yards/0.6 miles (according to google maps Smiley )

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:15:15 »

That might be a mere hop, skip and jump for you young ‘uns, but for us OAPs it’s a fucking long way on a zimmer!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:24:02 »

That might be a mere hop, skip and jump for you young ‘uns, but for us OAPs it’s a fucking long way on a zimmer!

haha - you should get yourself a mobility scooter Aud!!

swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 10:27:27 »

Corsham cricket club is always good for a pint, cheaper then the Methuen, same walking distance, and you might even catch the end of a game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 11:07:56 »

We're heading to @EastleighFC for the second year in a row!

👏 Tickets for our friendly with the Spitfires will be free for both sets of supporters and available in due course.

22nd July, 1pm
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 18:57:13 »

Pitch renovation has started:

Day 1

https://twitter.com/cassidymarcus/status/1660669354449436672?s=61&t=pTUdr8xXlQ7vJcn1NU7cbg

Day 2

https://twitter.com/cassidymarcus/status/1661037391409299456?s=61&t=pTUdr8xXlQ7vJcn1NU7cbg

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 05:01:57 »

Well done for posting. I hope there’s more to come. Be interesting to know how much money it’s costing?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 08:40:52 »

Well done for posting. I hope there’s more to come. Be interesting to know how much money it’s costing?

Was on the pitch at the weekend and the state of those sprinkler heads for a pro pitch was shocking - how we didn't get more injuries due to exposed rubber pipes (sprinkler surrounds sitting above the level of the pitch is beyond me.  I know it was after end of season, and you could see during the season they were managing them due to the two distinct markings on the pitch - but it is obvious they are well overdue replacing - probably goes a long way to explaining the decline in our pitch over the last couple of seasons.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 08:43:17 »

Thought the pitch looked tip top at the end of the season - as it always does.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:32:06 »

Thought the pitch looked tip top at the end of the season - as it always does.

The past 2 seasons it has deteriorated significantly, even to the point where at the start of the Garner season we were struggling to avoid getting the first game of the season postponed.

There were some well documented off season reasons for the deteriation, but having seen the state of the irrigation system showing through the surface at the weekend, it's clear that there were lack of investment issues as well, legacy of the remnants of the previous owner circling the plug hole no doubt.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:35:19 »

Didn't they spend a fortune on it in the summer between Power and Clem, I only remember as I thought at the time that the contractor doing it was very brave considering it was public knowledge that Power was trying to put the business into admin if he didn't get his way, albeit I assume they only did it with the money up front!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 09:53:44 »

Didn't they spend a fortune on it in the summer between Power and Clem, I only remember as I thought at the time that the contractor doing it was very brave considering it was public knowledge that Power was trying to put the business into admin if he didn't get his way, albeit I assume they only did it with the money up front!

They spent on it with a contractor in Marcus's absence, but not necessarily a fortune.  They ended up having to bring in a pitch expert (the guy that used to look after Leicester's pitch and do all of the mental patterns) who helped them get it ready for the season - that wasn't cheap for sure.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: