Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason 23/24  (Read 113460 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 15:52:22 »

Lets get something in Ireland or Scotland please.

People now know my name at Supermarine FFS!

Clems Army!
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 20:32:47 »

Fuck me, I take it back. I thought we played Cardiff. Senile dementia come early.

We did play Cardiff LL.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Results.asp?Friendly=YES&Season=2022-2023

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 20:41:57 »

I can stop the meds now?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 07:55:07 »

Was only this time last year I was having a look on swindon-town-fc.co.uk at where we've done pre-season before (well bit later last year as we were in the play offs). Went back and had another look as a reminder.

Didn't we do Lake Garda at some point?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 07:56:12 »

Didn't we do Lake Garda at some point?

To answer mt own question - was the Di Canio season, 2012

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 08:06:32 »

Our tour of Austria when Fenerbahce held the mighty Swindown to a draw. Best bit at 56 seconds in.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 08:11:05 »

Looking back at these, are the last two seasons our worst ever pre-season fixtures?! Prepared to give 2021/22 a bit of a free pass given the situation, but this season's was unforgivably shit.

Aberdeen and Clem need to understand that a couple of decent glamour fixtures can be a factor in shifting season tickets. A cheap day in the sun during the school holidays at home to a Premier League or big Championship side might just hook a few people.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 08:23:14 »

Looking back at these, are the last two seasons our worst ever pre-season fixtures?! Prepared to give 2021/22 a bit of a free pass given the situation, but this season's was unforgivably shit.

Aberdeen and Clem need to understand that a couple of decent glamour fixtures can be a factor in shifting season tickets. A cheap day in the sun during the school holidays at home to a Premier League or big Championship side might just hook a few people.

But we were fatigued against Supermarine!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 08:27:12 »

But we were fatigued against Supermarine!

I think we are all fatigued now...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 19:38:28 »

Our tour of Austria when Fenerbahce held the mighty Swindown to a draw. Best bit at 56 seconds in.

Up the Swindown. 

Think Roberto Carlos played that game.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 19:56:42 »

And Mateja kezman
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 20:01:09 »

Sounds like from the Wednesday Night Panel that Flynn will have a few more pre-season games than the new normal, as he is big on fitness. Music to my ears. I assume the balls won't be out in the first session this preseason. Last couple of seasons we've had 5 and 6 which is pretty poor really.  

To get an idea as to what is more normal in years gone by. Year we went to Austria (wembley bobble seaason), we had 8 on UK soil on top of the 3 games there. Copa Ibiza year we went up under Sturrock, 6 on UK soil on top of the 2 in Ibiza. In 19/20 we had 10 games.

I'd at least like to see us at least get properly round the local region like we used to, with a good 6 or 7 local away games (Supermarine, Salisbury, Hungerford, Melksham, Chippenham, Cirencester, etc.)

Add to that then a couple of solid home friendlies against higher league opposition at home (Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea, Southampton, etc.)  

This sort of preseason should be the bare minimum and we've been getting less than that the last few seasons.

The squad needs to be fit and needs to be used to playing games in several systems. This season was just a case of pissing in to the wind and hoping for the best and Lindsey and Sandro can share than blame.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 20:22:07 »

Sounds like from the Wednesday Night Panel that Flynn will have a few more pre-season games than the new normal, as he is big on fitness. Music to my ears. I assume the balls won't be out in the first session this preseason. Last couple of seasons we've had 5 and 6 which is pretty poor really. 

To get an idea as to what is more normal in years gone by. Year we went to Austria (wembley bobble seaason), we had 8 on UK soil on top of the 3 games there. Copa Ibiza year we went up under Sturrock, 6 on UK soil on top of the 2 in Ibiza. In 19/20 we had 10 games.

I'd at least like to see us at least get properly round the local region like we used to, with a good 6 or 7 local away games (Supermarine, Salisbury, Hungerford, Melksham, Chippenham, Cirencester, etc.)

Add to that then a couple of solid home friendlies against higher league opposition at home (Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea, Southampton, etc.) 

This sort of preseason should be the bare minimum and we've been getting less than that the last few seasons.

The squad needs to be fit and needs to be used to playing games in several systems. This season was just a case of pissing in to the wind and hoping for the best and Lindsey and Sandro can share than blame.
Yeah... Can't imagine Flynn will be too interested in how we "play when fatigued".... as per Lyndsey vs Supermarine last year...mother fuckers shouldn't be getting 'fatigued' in the first place 🤦
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 20:46:07 »

Bristol City at home would be tasty

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 11:30:30 »

Hereford away

Tuesday 18th July – Swindon Town  – 7:30pm

https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/news-pre-season-friendlies/

I guess what type of team we'll take will be more apparent as other fixtures roll in
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: