Poll
Question: Do you really care?
Yes I will be joining in with saying 'I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.' - 6 (8.2%)
I don't really care but will be tuning in as its a historic event. - 19 (26%)
I don't really care, but hey its a day off work which I can use to do something more interesting. - 15 (20.5%)
I couldn't give a toss about it, but suppose the monarchy does bring tourism cash into the Country... - 3 (4.1%)
Scrap the lot of 'em! - 30 (41.1%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Coronation  (Read 5695 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:06:49 »

Don't forget the live music event from Windsor castle at 8pm on BBC1😆
A line up from hell for me. If they were playing in my garden I'd draw the curtains. Apart from Boccelli,everything that's crap about today's music

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:17:03 »

A line up from hell for me. If they were playing in my garden I'd draw the curtains. Apart from Boccelli,everything that's crap about today's music

It's all aload of bollocks, switched over to BBC1 at 8pm to watch a concert and 20 minutes on still waffling with some of the "artist" backstage and the programme finishes at 10pm!

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:43:15 »

Yesterday's coronation seemed very well planned and executed and I can see why people were into it, even if I wasn't.

This concert on the other hand, is dreadful in every way imaginable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:45:22 »

Good summary!

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:47:25 »

Yesterday's coronation seemed very well planned and executed and I can see why people were into it, even if I wasn't.

This concert on the other hand, is dreadful in every way imaginable.

The Mrs forcing me to watch this nonsense, she’s enjoying the music whilst I’m just staring at Nicole Schertzingers tits.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:48:36 »

The Mrs forcing me to watch this nonsense, she’s enjoying the music whilst I’m just staring at Nicole Schertzingers tits.

So is Charlie😆

So, give no fucks
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 19:56:15 »

Must admit would not like those seats in the grandstand. Miles away from the stage Cheesy
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 20:10:52 »

Okay, singing You'll Never Walk Alone is funny, top marks to whoever programmed that.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 20:15:52 »

Lionel Richie looks odd😆

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 20:20:02 »

Willy boys speech is going down a storm.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 20:21:25 »

To be fair he's a very good public speaker
Nobody booing the national anthem😆

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 20:36:19 »

0.3 % of our tourism income. And that 0.3% is mainly through ticket sales to "royal attractions" which would still be there,monarchy or not. It's a myth appropriated by royal acolytes that there is tourism income that is solely based on us having a monarchy.

Apart from an extra day off now and then, what is it about the Monarchy that affects your life on a day to day basis, that brings you to the conclusion that you would rather be France? If you genuinely feel that then you daily life must have little or no interaction with the French, apart from what you see on the news.  They a massive (pun) Royal (pun) pain in the arse.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 16:46:50 »

Apart from an extra day off now and then, what is it about the Monarchy that affects your life on a day to day basis, that brings you to the conclusion that you would rather be France? If you genuinely feel that then you daily life must have little or no interaction with the French, apart from what you see on the news.  They a massive (pun) Royal (pun) pain in the arse.
Think you may have quoted the wrong post.
As for being more like France,I'd say that,as an OAP, the extra 5 grand a year my french counterparts receive would be a start!🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: