Poll
Question: Do you really care?
Yes I will be joining in with saying 'I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.' - 6 (8.2%)
I don't really care but will be tuning in as its a historic event. - 19 (26%)
I don't really care, but hey its a day off work which I can use to do something more interesting. - 15 (20.5%)
I couldn't give a toss about it, but suppose the monarchy does bring tourism cash into the Country... - 3 (4.1%)
Scrap the lot of 'em! - 30 (41.1%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Coronation  (Read 5693 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 09:13:42 »

"Dear rest of the world, Don't be fooled by any propaganda you see coming out of the UK this weekend. The mood here is not jubilant, it is sour," she said.

"England is a fascist nightmare, where there are more food banks than branches of McDonalds. We don't want pageantry, we want affordable food, and rent, and bills.

The timing of this coronation, with all its gold and bejewelled opulence, couldn't be more distasteful and sickening. It's unjustifiable and it's unwanted.

The timing of this coronation, with all its gold and bejewelled opulence, couldn't be more distasteful and sickening. It's unjustifiable and it's unwanted.”

Author: Munroe Bergdorf

“All white people are racist” Munroe Bergdorf?

Definitely a valuable pundit for occasions like this… FFS!

Doh
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 10:47:58 »

Just googled Munroe Bergdorf as I'd never heard of them. Wish I hadn't bothered.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 11:08:51 »

Just googled Munroe Bergdorf as I'd never heard of them. Wish I hadn't bothered.
There's more than one?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 11:13:21 »

There's more than one?
Hopefully not.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 11:25:13 »

Piqued my interest. I agree 100%
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 12:22:41 »

I thought it was a nice touch to play the Champions' League anthem to keep the kids engaged.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 13:57:50 »

Luke Ayling singing God Save the Queen before KO just now!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 14:14:07 »

He's moved on from throwing a pint of piss off a balcony then at the Cheltenham festival😀
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 17:47:06 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 17:36:27 »

Replace them with what? Net gain being?
s
President, not as expensive (ooh and can we have a senate and less mps and maybe a white Toblerone - thank you Santa)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 05:51:27 »

s
President, not as expensive (ooh and can we have a senate and less mps and maybe a white Toblerone - thank you Santa)

President, not as expensive? You are joking aren’t you? Whatever a President May or may not spend pails into insignificance when net income is taken into account. The monarchy bring in hundreds of millions of £’s annually in tourism and international business, global influence and so on to GB PLC balance sheet.

Not forgetting that Charles has along with the late queen overseen a massive overhaul of the civil list of payments and a greater level of self funding than there was.

Be careful what you wish for.

Should you be under the illusion on an international level our country is insignificant or has no influence you are greatly mistaken.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 06:54:33 »

President, not as expensive? You are joking aren’t you? Whatever a President May or may not spend pails into insignificance when net income is taken into account. The monarchy bring in hundreds of millions of £’s annually in tourism and international business, global influence and so on to GB PLC balance sheet.

Not forgetting that Charles has along with the late queen overseen a massive overhaul of the civil list of payments and a greater level of self funding than there was.

Should you be under the illusion on an international level our country is insignificant or has no influence you are greatly mistaken.

Number two in the world for soft power. Monarchy assist that power hugely.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 10:36:19 »

the horsey princess is going to a street party in Swindon today
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 11:37:38 »

I still have no idea why they persist with a national anthem that is about a person rather than the country, bloody awful

I come from a land down-under
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 11:43:54 »

Nobody has mentioned Camilla who dosen't look comfortable as the new Queen🤣

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:03:25 »

The royal family costs the BTP £300m- £500m per year, the Coronation cost us an extra £100m - £150m this year.  The Royal family bring in £2bn a year.

If you didn't have the Monarchy, our head of state would be voted in, so you would always have ~50% of the population not liking our head of state.  If we didn't have a royal Monarch, our head of state in recent years would have been Cameron, May, Boris, Truss and now Sunak - just think about that for a moment..

The royal monarchy is not for all, I get that..  and I am not a royalist.  But having your royal monarch designated for you and seperate from politics is a definite positive and the £1.5bn net it generates for the country is not to be sniffed at.

Politics aside, as LL says - be careful what you wish for.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: