Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 14:30:50)
Sol Brynn - 3 (3.5%)
Tom Clayton - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 54 (62.8%)
Remeao Hutton - 7 (8.1%)
Jonny Williams - 8 (9.3%)
Ben Gladwin - 1 (1.2%)
Saidou Khan - 1 (1.2%)
George McEachran - 0 (0%)
Jacob Wakeling - 6 (7%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - 1 (1.2%)
I hate them all too much to vote - 5 (5.8%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEF Player of the Season  (Read 4472 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 12:14:38 »

FBT reminds me of Jay McEveley I have decided, looks and style play.

Considering that McEveley eventually became the chosen whipping boy/scapegoat for certain parts of the fan base, I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:37:13 »

Hutton was our only consistently positive progressive threat in the team this year so he has got my vote.  FBT for sure is exactly the right type of player for us and he deserves the recognition he is getting and will be a very welcome and stable part of the team next year, but how we can vote for a defender after the shit show we have watched this year is beyond me - but there you go.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:38:24 »

Hutton was our only consistently positive progressive threat in the team this year so he has got my vote.  FBT for sure is exactly the right type of player for us and he deserves the recognition he is getting and will be a very welcome and stable part of the team next year, but how we can vote for a defender after the shit show we have watched this year is beyond me - but there you go.

Haven't you just voted for...a defender?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 13:51:39 »

I assuming it's a really subtle dig at the fact Hutton is not and never will be a "Defender".
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:08:37 »

I assuming it's a really subtle dig at the fact Hutton is not and never will be a "Defender".

Exactly, he is not a defender, but he has been our most consistent and productive form of attack.  The last time I looked the idea of football is to score goals - Hutton was the best player at trying to make this happen.

Austin has done more defending than Hutton, and that says it all.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:00:01 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/frazer-blake-tracy-cleans-up-at-end-of-season-awards/

FBT winning 3 out of 4 awards last night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:32:11 »

Very few MOM votes from me for FBT.  I had high expectations of him and tended to pick overperformers.  But he was consistently in the top 3 performers in any given game. So easily my Player of the season.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 15:35:05 by RedRag » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 07:58:56 »

I see Dan the Fan has done EOS ratings and rated no player lower than a 5, and only three lower than a 6. Out of 10. Not sure that's fully reflecting my feelings!
Jamiestfc

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 16:37:26 »

Take away Jonny’s expectation and name, he wins hands down. People are always wanting more because of where he has been. A standout in a poor side. I will miss watching him play when he’s gone.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 16:47:02 »

Take away Jonny’s expectation and name, he wins hands down. People are always wanting more because of where he has been. A standout in a poor side. I will miss watching him play when he’s gone.
100% agree. We won't sign anyone better. I don't normally say this but FACT!
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 16:55:51 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 15:01:12 »

Sol Brynn got the club-run fan's player of the season - the one with the four person shortlist not including FBT (was Brynn, Hutton, Wakeling & Williams).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 15:26:18 »

I mean, isn't the fact that whoever was responsible for putting together the list by the club (assume someone in marketing) couldn't figure out to include the winner of 75% of the end of season awards in their final 4 shortlist something if a visual representation of what is wrong?  It's a little bit farcical.

Sums up the last 12 months really.  All starting with an amateur hour penalty shoot out.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 20:29:24 »

Do the Adver still have a POTY award?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 10, 2023, 07:26:54 »

Do the Adver still have a POTY award?

Yeah, FBT had it presented to him at the OSC player awards the other night, albeit Johnny Leighfield did say that they had made an own goal by making the vote only for subscribers, therefore they didn't get my vote and no doubt lots of others.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: