Poll
Question: Few suggestions - choose your preferred new manager from this list (apologies if your favourite is not listed)
Chris Hughton
Karl Robinson
Fab Piccareta
Dave Artell
Darrell Clarke
Cowley Brothers
Robbie Fowler
Luke Garrard
Graham Alexander
Sol Campbell
Paul Caddis
Other/Not named in list
Michael Appleton
Gav Gunning

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's the gaffer then?  (Read 8824 times)
DMC

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 12:29:18 »

I remember at the time speaking with several Crewe fans and they liked him, he was awful for us but anyway that isn't the point really. I wouldn't not wanyt a manager because he signed a vertain player
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 12:35:00 »

Charlie Austin's presence suggests otherwise.

Good job Clem did interfere, we'd be in a worse state if Di Michelle had been the sole purchaser in the January window.  Austins Goals/Min ratio is miles ahead of anyone else in our squad this season, especially for anyone who has started more than a handful of games.  That's despite being used poorly by Morris (lack of pragmatism).

While Gunning/Mildenhall's time cannot be used as any kind of long term example of success or otherwise, they did utilise Austin well - he kept pretty central and was sent in some crosses.

That's what you need from a Manager, someone who knows how to use the squad well, especially at this level where you are going to have some ropey players around the squad (we have far too many).  If Morris had played to that strength, we could have been a few points better off than we are, possibly getting a goal or two more in tight games.  Someone like Auston can make someone like Hutton look a better player, which in turn helps the resale value of your younger development players.  There is no better stat than getting goals and assists to add value.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 18:19:48 »

I'm surprised nobody has voted for Graham Alexander he's got a decent win % and unlucky to get the sack at Salford

So, give no fucks
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 19:00:30 »

I'm surprised nobody has voted for Graham Alexander he's got a decent win % and unlucky to get the sack at Salford

He's on my list of decent candidates. Done well everywhere. Unlucky to be sacked at Scunny, Salford and Motherwell. Every one of his previous clubs were left in a better position than when he arrived.

..never go back.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 19:06:37 »

He's on my list of decent candidates. Done well everywhere. Unlucky to be sacked at Scunny, Salford and Motherwell. Every one of his previous clubs were left in a better position than when he arrived.

We could do a lot worse than him let's hope he's in the running.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: