Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 132967 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1530 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:13:42 »

I would also say that from a quick twitter search it seems Adams was taking in lots of games all over the place recently.

This rumour seems to have been because it was attributed to Zavs chat with the protestor, but that's not actually mentioned anywhere.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's crap.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #1531 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:18:54 »

I would also say that from a quick twitter search it seems Adams was taking in lots of games all over the place recently.

This rumour seems to have been because it was attributed to Zavs chat with the protestor, but that's not actually mentioned anywhere.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's crap.

That was SN1insider doing his trolling. Jason lane confirmed that wasn’t said.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1532 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:50:41 »

I wonder where that leaves Gunning & Shan*
Small sample size but Shan seems to have made an immediate difference.

*if indeed Adams post + being at the CG has anything to do with him becoming our manager. Let’s be honest it wouldn’t be the first time an out of work manager has been seen the CG and rumours have gone round he’s our new manager but he just lived locally & was taking in a game of football
If he’s recruiting for a first team coach why wouldn’t he want Shan. Maybe Shan is  there now in ‘preparation’ mode.

Tbh, most anything is better than the Gunning solo shit show.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1533 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:51:21 »

Is Adams preferable to Gunning? Absolutely, on the basis he is a football manager with some sporadic success.

Is he what I would like to see? God no. Surely the idea is that you fit a manager to a club, and what you can realistically recruit. This extract is like a description of an anti-Swindon manager:

Writing about Adams’ final season at Home Park, for Argyle Life, Nick Saunders Smith revealed, “It has been apparent for some time that Adams was far from a tactical genius. He was a manager more inclined to force pegs into holes that suited his tactical approach than one who could and would produce a game-plan superior to his opponents or select a team that was specifically designed to compliment the players’ individual qualities. He was far from inept in this regard – he would never had made it this far otherwise – but there have been far too many occasions in which he has been outwitted by his rivals.”

The underlying stats of Morecambe’s remarkable season further suggest that Adams is not a man who likes to play lots of attractive football, and instead be more direct. Morecambe had the lowest average possession in the whole of League Two and the second lowest pass completion, behind only Carlisle.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1534 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:54:51 »

At this point I'd just settle for someone keeping us in the league until the club is sold. I'm not watching anyway, so who cares if its unattractive. As long as we're not starting from non league when we finally get new ownership.......i guess it'll do *sigh*.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1535 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:55:12 »

There are more than a few on here who’ve stated they’d accept any old shit on the pitch if it was successful.

That may be being put to the test.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1536 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 11:08:14 »

Flynn was meant to be the League Two experienced manager who was going to come in, bring in some experienced units through the spine of the team to compliment our “fall over in the wind” technical players and get us playing a more balanced style (structured and well drilled) for this division. For whatever reason (whether through budget or otherwise) that didn’t transpire, our first signing was a kid GK with limited football league experience (who tbf to him was okay) which after hearing a spiel on “needing to add an experienced spine” should have been our first sign to where this was heading and went full steam ahead into kamikaze type football.

If Adams is the man and comes in and actually delivers on the above, brings in some more experience and steel to compliment the younger talent and gets us well drilled and structured which will get us results then whilst I wouldn’t be over the moon at the appointment, I could get behind it if it gets us out of this division. The long term plan would still be non existent and we’d probably come back down quick.

Now, that’s all with the assumption that it is within a well functioning football club, which we are not, so they might as well stick the kit men in the dugout as no matter who is in there, our long term direction remains the same downward spiral.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1537 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 11:25:49 »

If this is real, then it's kind of a red flag to me. Tell me a manager who has not immediately had a mate who they have worked with who they bring with them, especially as an assistant! Suggests he has not built up those relationships previously.

The guys has got out of this division before, but damn if I'm not remotely keen on having a pragmatic, confrontational manager with a terrible recent track record. If last seasons end of seasons appointment of Flynn was broadly considered a good move, there is no way this one will be.

Perhaps his usual entourage are employed else where…
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1538 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 11:42:11 »

No thanks to Adams.

You can get out of this league playing a good brand of football. Wellens has done it twice. Plenty of examples over the past few years too.

You just need some solid foundations, a structure and the means to mix it up where necessary.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1539 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 12:21:34 »

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/derek-uncle-fester-adams.7655/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #1540 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 12:50:34 »

I hope not. Nothing to get excited about there.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1541 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 12:53:31 »

I can't see any manager appointment getting me excited.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1542 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 12:54:39 »

It’s not like the good old days🤣

So, give no fucks
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #1543 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 13:23:48 »

I’m not really sure what fans expect? They want a manager with experience and they want a manager with promotions on his CV. He ticks both these boxes and is still a fairly young manager. We’re in League Two, lowest league in the EFL, the managers that are in League Two have very mixed successes on their CV, some failures some successes. let’s not forget that Ritchie Wellens was a failure before joining us, and even failed, post Swindon at Salford and Doncaster. My point is a manager with two promotions from this league shouldn’t be looked down upon and it’s better than what you’ve gone for recently.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 13:37:05 by iParadise » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1544 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 15:10:56 »

I'm not excited at the prospect but the reality of where we are and my expectations haven't yet met.

Wellens appointment finally taught me to wait and see how it actually goes. There's a massive job to do and getting it right first time under these conditions is going to be tough for anyone.

However I'd be happier if his gob hadn't flapped while in the land of the sweaties. Also his recent record is pretty poor. Hence why my response is muted.

I think I'd be happier if they gave it to Shan. It's never that easy.

But yeah, if it happens got to suck it and see. I'm slowly getting there that we are in survival/fire fighting mode.

Hopefully Clem and especially the motley crew fuck off and pass it on to someone competent soon
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: