Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crawley pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31061 times)
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 18:53:05 »

He looks really dangerous until he gets into a dangerous position

RHM had a shocker today.  Aside from winning a penalty his decision making was woeful.  The penalty was also appalling when you check his run up he telegraphed which way he was going.
Very few impressed today they really didn’t look like they were busting a gut for the cause.  Sums up this seasons issue a squad with no grit or fight.

Gunning notches another win though.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 18:54:41 »

I thought Clayton and Brewitt looked committed and did well.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 18:58:02 »

He looks really dangerous until he gets into a dangerous position

From the limited amount I've seen of him he reminds me of the season under McMahon when we had Iffy and George Ndah up front and every team we played had their centre halves crapping themselves for the first 15 minutes of every game, and then when they saw break aways amount to nothing over and over, relax.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:00:11 »

Colossal twat.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:07:48 »

He dosen't appear to be all there!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:09:58 »

From the limited amount I've seen of him he reminds me of the season under McMahon when we had Iffy and George Ndah up front and every team we played had their centre halves crapping themselves for the first 15 minutes of every game, and then when they saw break aways amount to nothing over and over, relax.

They got 33 goals between them that year!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:13:57 »

RHM has the unpredictable not quite sure what he’s doing aura of Fola Onibuje but with more natural talent + the moan and feel hard done by first, the ball second attribute of Williams.

I’d say on the face of it - he’s had a decent enough productive second half of the season after finally being fit and injury free in what? The best part of two years.

I guess it’s whether people think he’s hit his ceiling now - or - whether he’s just got going and their is room for improvement.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:29:41 »

I thought Clayton and Brewitt looked committed and did well.
Yeah,I'm liking this partnership. Gets better each game. Thought Clayton MOM today

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #413 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:34:21 »

Gladwin still has a lovely pass on him but the mobility of Douglas Bader.

By far the best quote I have had the pleasure to read Clap
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:38:55 »

RHM has the unpredictable not quite sure what he’s doing aura of Fola Onibuje but with more natural talent + the moan and feel hard done by first, the ball second attribute of Williams.

I’d say on the face of it - he’s had a decent enough productive second half of the season after finally being fit and injury free in what? The best part of two years.

I guess it’s whether people think he’s hit his ceiling now - or - whether he’s just got going and their is room for improvement.

He has missed more than 2 years in total I think, over the past 5 or 6.  He looks and plays a lot younger than he is because of that - the concern/gamble (which we took) is whether or not those missing years mean he really doesn't improve that much from here.  He's a joker of a player to have in the squad though, one worth keeping around vs. plenty of others who offer much less possible upside (Shade for example).
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:44:25 »

He has missed more than 2 years in total I think, over the past 5 or 6.  He looks and plays a lot younger than he is because of that - the concern/gamble (which we took) is whether or not those missing years mean he really doesn't improve that much from here.  He's a joker of a player to have in the squad though, one worth keeping around vs. plenty of others who offer much less possible upside (Shade for example).

Agreed. Has he improved since he got here? Yes, 100% He's also lost a lot of weight. He'll be a threat at this level if he can get that match sharpness after a proper pre-season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:46:25 »

Agree with that.
As said I’d be perfectly happy with a front two of
Austin / Jephcott alongside Wakeling / RHM.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 19:49:37 »

Jephcott has said his farewells so i dont think he will be coming back
adje

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 20:11:59 »

Shame

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 20:22:44 »

Where has this come from? To be honest I wasn’t too impressed with what I saw of him this season.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: